King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 9: May 2014-February 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The king had farewell audiences for ambassadors:
Norway's ambassador H.E. Anne K. Lund, France's ambassador Mr Jean Pierre Lacroix and the United Arab Emirates' ambassador, H.E. Ms Alqassimi.
Like always, queen Silvia came to meet Scandinavian ambassador.
Kungen höll avskedsaudienser - Sveriges Kungahus

:previous:

Do you have any info about Pensioners' Day ?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The king had farewell audiences for ambassadors:
Zimbabwe's ambassador, H.E. Stephen D. Chiketa and Poland's ambassador Mr Adam Halcinski.
Kungen höll avskedsaudienser - Sveriges Kungahus

Queen Silvia attended on Wednesday also the opening of Barnahus child advocacy centre in Stockholm. There employees from the police, prosecutors, social and medical experts together will care for and help children under 18 years who has been victims of serious offenses such as assault or sexual abuse.
Drottning Silvia invigde Barnahus Stockholm Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Drottningen inviger Barnahus Stockholm - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Last edited by a moderator:
The King attends ecumenical service in the Cathedral in Stockholm on September 8 at 17.00, Church leaders gather in the Great Church of the situation in Iraq and Syria. The worship service is public.
Among the participants, including Syriac Orthodox Church Archbishop Dioscoros Benyamin Atas, Swedish Church Archbishop Antje Jackelén, Catholic Diocese of Stockholm Bishop Anders Arborelius, director of Pentecostalism Pelle Hörnmark and Dominican Sisters.
The initiator to this service is the parish of Stockholm Cathedral in cooperation with the Swedish Christian Council.
Kungen närvarar vid ekumenisk gudstjänst i Storkyrkan i Stockholm 8 september - kyrkoledare samlas i Storkyrkan för situationen i Irak och Syrien - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Martin @CourtierUK · 49s
Swedish media reports that King Carl XVI Gustaf has been involved in a car accident.

Martin @CourtierUK · 49s
Swedish media reports that King Carl XVI Gustaf has been involved in a car accident.

Yes, the swedish media reported about it some time ago, nothing serious happened. Another car drove into the car the king was in.
The king left early this morning Drottningholm Palace with SÄPO to go to Bromma airport and on to Burträsk for official mission.
The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren says that the cars were damaged but the king is fine. The king went to another car and continued his trip to Burträsk.
Kungen inblandad i bilolycka Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Press release from the court
The King doing well after a minor incident
The car that the King was traveling in was during the morning with a minor collision on Nockeby bridge just outside the Drottningholm Palace.
The King, The King's aide-de-camp and the driver who was in the car feel well and no changes in current programs are planned.
Kungen mår väl efter mindre tillbud - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
Yes, the swedish media reported about it some time ago, nothing serious happened. Another car drove into the car the king was in.
The king left early this morning Drottningholm Palace with SÄPO to go to Bromma airport and on to Burträsk for official mission.
The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren says that the cars were damaged but the king is fine. The king went to another car and continued his trip to Burträsk.
Kungen inblandad i bilolycka Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Press release from the court
The King doing well after a minor incident
The car that the King was traveling in was during the morning with a minor collision on Nockeby bridge just outside the Drottningholm Palace.
The King, The King's aide-de-camp and the driver who was in the car feel well and no changes in current programs are planned.
Kungen mår väl efter mindre tillbud - Sveriges Kungahus

I am glad nobody is seriously hurt. Just shows, royal protection or not, we are all vulnerable to acts not under our own control.

It's interesting (or is it?) that the text does not say who actually crashed into whose car, except that the security car did some serious speeding (96.5km per hour) unless it was a freeway (story doesn't tell), and crashed into the other driver's car.

But there is not a word about who crashed into whose car :)

It's interesting (or is it?) that the text does not say who actually crashed into whose car, except that the security car did some serious speeding (96.5km per hour) unless it was a freeway (story doesn't tell), and crashed into the other driver's car.

But there is not a word about who crashed into whose car :)

The article may have been updated after you read it. It now states the other driver swerved into the king's car's Lane.

"According to a witness, it was a woman in a Lexus who swung in over the road where the king's car drove."

Good news that no one was hurt.

Yes, I did notice it said that the other driver swerved onto the lane where the king's car was travelling. But the article says that it was the security who crashed into the Lexus, and two cars were involved. And that would mean the car the king was in did not have a crash. - Three cars were involved in one way or another; two crash; the third did not crash.

Doesn't matter, really; main thing nobody got injured.
I don't know who's going to pay for the Lexus damage. The state of Sweden?

No, it's no big deal. I'm merely voicing a thought.

Doesn't matter, really; main thing nobody got injured.
I don't know who's going to pay for the Lexus damage. The state of Sweden?

Why? The insurers of the Lexus should pay for all the damage, including the damage to the royal cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom