King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia flew last Friday to Thailand for a vacation, they continue to China. They were due to be at an official engagement on Friday, instead of them Carl Philip was there. Royal Court's Ulrika Näsholm confirms to Expressen that the royal couple is now in Thailand and that they have two official functions:
The celebration of the Thai Scout's 100th anniversary and participation at the seminar "Justice for Women and Children Victims of Violence". The King and the Queen retürn to Sweden next week.
Efter skandalboken - Silvia kräver semester - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

Can that book be found in English??
I wonder if it's as scandalous as they say.

The book about the kings life, I believe it's called "The Reluctant King".

I have it in German, and have finished 3/4 of it and I must say that I am not impressed... Some parts seem to be written to fill the book (Descriptions of what people have been wearing on several photos etc) and until now, I haven't read anything revealing, new or exciting.

Thanks for the info:flowers:.
I don't think I want to buy it anymore...especially if there's not much that's interesting.

Perhaps there will be something in the last quarter that hasn't been mentioned in the press by now, but I somehow doubt it...

It's great that the royal couple visit Thailand - but why don't publish the court the two official events?

Here the dates of the official events:
http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?coun_code=th&news_id=8321

On February 10, the Royals attended the 100 year Jubilee of the National Scout Organisation of Thailand.
On February 11, the Royal couple took part in the seminar ”Justice for Women and Children Victims of Violence"

I hope we will see pics of the royal couple in Thailand and Shanghai!

Last edited:
Last edited:
The King and the Queen on their way to the birthday party of Bertil Hult.
Expressen

Thanks for the pic. On which date was the party?
Hult's main birthday bash, which was generally criticized in the press for its lavish character, just like the royal couple was criticized for attending it, took place on Saturday.
I don't believe that the one picture which has surfaced so far was taken when they arrived at the actual party; judging by their attire, it rather shows the King and Queen arriving in Shanghai.

I think it, too. The queen wear the trouser suit often last time by travel. ;)

It's pitty, that we don't see pics of her by arrival party as the other guests! :sad:

Hult's main birthday bash, which was generally criticized in the press for its lavish character, just like the royal couple was criticized for attending it, took place on Saturday.
I don't believe that the one picture which has surfaced so far was taken when they arrived at the actual party; judging by their attire, it rather shows the King and Queen arriving in Shanghai.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for posting this pic, ursulajohanna.
It's well-known that the Swedish royal couple is rather close to the King and Queen of Thailand.

Thank you very much for posting this pic, ursulajohanna.
It's well-known that the Swedish royal couple is rather close to the King and Queen of Thailand.

Is it? I heard they were friendly with the Japanese Imperial couple too. The Thai King looks well. If he can get out of bed, maybe he'd be able to leave the hospital?

Yesterday morning the queen attend the

"seminarium anordnat med anledning av 100-årsjubileet för Konung Gustaf V:s och Drottning Victorias Frimurarestiftelse"

in Sophiahemmet Högskola/Stockholm!

Photos from Thailand, 10th February:
Their Majesties King Carl XVI Gustav of Sweden and Queen Silvia grace the 100th anniversary celebrations of Scouts in Thailand - Pattaya Mail
PM Abhisit receives King and Queen of Sweden on the occasion of the centenary of the Thai Scout movement. | Facebook
Luxury Club Thailand | Thai Scouting

According to Expressen, queen Silvia asks the court staff to call around and find out the guest list for dinners with family friends. If there are "wrong people" at the guest list, the queen refuses to go, and even forces the King to stay at home.On queen's request, the king has also broken up with many of his closest friends.
After the book "Carl XVI Gustaf - the reluctant monarch," the king has entirely withdrawn from his circle of friends. Queen Silvia is still furious over the information that emerged in the book and she blames much of his friends. Earlier the king had contact with them every week. But now according to Expressen´s informants, the king has not talked to any of them since last fall.
Silvia tvingar kungen att stanna hemma - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

Last edited by a moderator:

On February 25, King Carl Gustaf was seen shopping at the Blossom Ski Store,
Chiavenna, Sondrio, Italy. So that has maybe been a short weekend vacation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom