King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the scandal book "Den motvillige monarken" the king hasn't been able to show himself out with the old scandal gang.
But yesterday evening he partied around Stureplan with former friends. Carl Adam "Noppe" Lewenhaupt, 66, and Aje Philipson, 70.
They arrived about 20.00 and the king and his friends chose to arrive to Teatergrillen from the back door via the kitchen.
About 20 persons, also international guests, were invited to the king's exclusive dinner - only men. Noppe took care of the arrangements - 6 men to table one, 6 to table two and the rest 8 to table three. They ate hamburgers. After two hours at Teatergrillen they left and went to Noppes, Carl Adam "Noppe" Lewenhaupt's own bar. After midnight the king left Noppes in a car.
Kungens fest med gamla kompisgänget Extra Expressen Kändisar Hänt i Veckan Skvaller
Translation

After the scandal book "Den motvillige monarken" the king hasn't been able to show himself out with the old scandal gang.
But yesterday evening he partied around Stureplan with former friends. Carl Adam "Noppe" Lewenhaupt, 66, and Aje Philipson, 70.

Kungens fest med gamla kompisgänget Extra Expressen Kändisar Hänt i Veckan Skvaller
Translation

Maybe it is difficult to have an objective view on this!
however it appears to me that, out of precautionary principles, the king should refrain from seing these people, and thereby provide new reasons for criticism. He is thereby spoiling the potentially positive effects of the célébrations, of the efforts of Victoria in her speech to her parents, and of course particularly to him. I really see no reasons for his popularity to improve.

Maybe it is difficult to have an objective view on this! however it appears to me that, out of precautionary principles, the king should refrain from seing these people, and thereby provide new reasons for criticism. He is thereby spoiling the potentially positive effects of the célébrations, of the efforts of Victoria in her speech to her parents, and of course particularly to him. I really see no reasons for his popularity to improve.

I see your point, however I do believe that just because of rumors he should have to stop seeing his friends. I am sure that if any of it was true he would not see that friend in particular- however if there is no truth the to story, he shouldn't have to alter is personal life. :) does that make sense? Or is it just and ignorant way of thinking?? ;)

:previous:
Queen Silvia of Sweden is seen awarding students during a ceremony at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Sweden, October 09. 2013. The students were awarded for raising money for the Majblomman organisation. The Queen is the High Patron of the Majblomman organization which is raising funds for charity
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/foto//2013/10/09/12710316/5/F201310090763301.jpeg

Yesterday evening attend the queen "Childhood Autumn Dinner" in Confidencen/Castle of Ulriksdal

I see your point, however I do believe that just because of rumors he should have to stop seeing his friends. I am sure that if any of it was true he would not see that friend in particular- however if there is no truth the to story, he shouldn't have to alter is personal life. :) does that make sense? Or is it just and ignorant way of thinking?? ;)

In my first message, I tried to remain objective and fairly neutral!! To my knowledge, some détails of the respective personalities, friends of the king, are well known, they are involved in bar & striptease businesses, which is particularly chocking for Swedish citizens, more than in other countries, since they have stricter views on equal treatment. At least that is what I read. Some earlier threats if this website covered that abundantly.

So I just looked at the Calendar, CG and S have 4 engagements together out of all the ones that are posted and they all take place next week! :)

On Tuesday the king attended at a Workshop with the Golden Gavel Award and the Compass Rose Scholarship. The theme of the workshop was "How can a good values-based leadership help to reduce social inequalities? '. Invited were recipients of the Young leadership scholarship Compass Rose and the recipient of the Academy's Golden Gavel Award. Purpose of the day was to bring together experienced leaders with young leaders for an intergenerational dialogue on values-based leadership.
Kungen medverkade i workshop med Ungt Ledarskap - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

I am not sure which thread I should post this on but here are are some pictures of CG and S from their trip to the US earlier this year.

Queen Silvia, King Carl Gustaf and ambassador Jonas Hafström in the Library of Congress
Queen Silvia, King Carl Gustaf and ambassador Jonas Hafström in the Library of Congress © Jeffrey Martin | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Queen Silvia, King Carl XVI Gustaf and mayor Michael Nutter, Philadelphia, PA
Queen Silvia, King Carl XVI Gustaf and mayor Michael Nutter, Philadelphia, PA © Catarina Åström | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Meeting the public in Delaware
The King and Queen meets the public in Wilmington, DE © Catarina Åström | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

At Red Rooster
Queen Silvia and chef Marcus Samuelsson © Catarina Åström | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The two being amazing (S just makes me smile so much in this picture! She is looking at CG with so much love!!!)
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia in NYC © Catarina Åström | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited:
The Calendar on Kungahuset said that QS and KCG would be at 2 events together today... Does anyone know anything more about these events? I know one was for the World Child & Youth Forum and the other was diplomatic- I think. :)

The Calendar on Kungahuset said that QS and KCG would be at 2 events together today... Does anyone know anything more about these events? I know one was for the World Child & Youth Forum and the other was diplomatic- I think. :)

It might be that the court doesn't publish a photo of the World Child and Youth Forum Partner Council, in which Victoria attended too. Normally the court puts on their website an article and photos of the diplomatic reception, I guess they will do it today.

Last edited:
The king and queen visited Kolmården Zoo on Tuesday and met young elephant Namsai, the son of king's elephant Bua, which the king got as a gift from the king of Thailand in 2004. Namsai was born in the end of July. Also governor Elisabet Nilsson was in Kolmården.
Kungaparet besökte Kolmårdens djurpark - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Bigger photo at the court Facebook
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1381667_616014885124094_1970589998_n.jpg
:previous:
Article and 9 more pictures :)
Snablar vilket kungligt besök - Norrköping Lokala nyheter - Norrköpings Tidningar

Today (November 8), King Carl XVI Gustaf hosted audiences at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Sweden. The audiences were with Ms. Francine Chainaye, the Belgian ambassador to Sweden, Mr Adish Sakit oglu Mammadov, the Azerbaijani ambassador to Sweden, Mr Tran Van Hinh, the Vietnamese ambassador to Sweden and Mr Khalid S. Baomar, the Oman ambassador to Sweden. All the ambassadors have recently been appointed:

Högtidliga audienser på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

On 7 November the King attended a board regarding the 50th anniversary of the King's foundation:

http://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamil...ngens50arsfond.5.4ea495e313c19c119aac899.html

Last edited:
The king is in Brazil with Royal Technology Mission, which is done in cooperation with The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences. No photos yet.
On Monday they will be in Sao Paulo and on Tuesday in Curitiba.
Missão liderada pelo rei da Suécia vem a Curitiba para firmar cooperação - Prefeitura Municipal de Curitiba
Translation

According to a brazilian newspaper, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia have lunch in Curitiba with mayor Gustavo Fruet and dinner with governor Beto Richa on Tuesday. The king has been in Brazil from Saturday on Royal Technology Mission and the queen ends her events with World Childhood Foundation on Monday. The king and queen will be staying at Hotel Bourbon.
Reinaldo Bessa - Almoço e jantar reais - Colunistas - Gazeta do Povo
Translation

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf and the delegation on Monday in Cantareira Park, a part of the rain forest next to Sao Paulo.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYtgO4-CMAAtmPR.jpg:large

The king and Royal Technology Mission inspect the research nursery at Fibria in Jacarei
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYzkE3EIYAEti6e.jpg:large

The king and IVA President Leif Johansson with Embraer CEO Fred Curado
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYzkGafIEAANEdR.jpg:large

The king opened the exhibition "The Nobel Prize: Ideas Changing the World" in São Paolo.
http://www.fiesp.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/AV_640x440_17A90601.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BY0l9u6IUAIIf8h.jpg:large

Kungen besöker Brasilien med Royal Technology Mission - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

In Jacarei on Monday
Em Jacareí, Rei da Suécia conhece projeto de biocombustível a partir da sobra da madeira

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom