King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia visit the Employment Service's headquarters in Stockholm on Thursday. Here the royal couple are welcomed by Director General Angeles Bermudez-Svankvist. Photo: Anders Wiklund / SCANPIX / VIA ANP

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

And a photo from a little different angle from the visit to the Employment Service' s headquarters:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Indeed unusual :) Those watching from upstairs have surely been happy to see the couple at all..

Here are some additional pics and information about today's visit:

** Pic ** svenskdam.se: Kungaparet besökte Arbetsförmedlingen ** translation **

** kungahuset.se: Kungaparet besökte Arbetsförmedlingens huvudkontor ** translation **

** arbetsformedlingen.se: Kungaparet besökte Arbetsförmedlingen ** translation **

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended today at the "Young Music at the Palace" concert at the Royal Palace.
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=22184363&pos=6
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=22184358&pos=0
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=22184352&pos=1
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=22184356&pos=3

"Young Music at the Palace" is a festival with concerts from Monday to Saturday. Victoria and Daniel will attend a concert tomorrow.

Wow, she really doesn't look like a grandmother.

In my opinion it dosen't make sense to ask the King what he thinks about the abdiction of Queen Beatrix! And the same to speculate who will be the next monarch to abdicate! It is well known that it is a dutch tradition to abdicate...in Sweden and other european countries it Is not! In an other article Lindwall was quoted that he thinks that Queen Margrethe could be the next and that maybe orhers would follow!

IMO there is no reason to speculate about the abdiction of the other european monarchs!

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;1511227 said:
In my opinion it dosen't make sense to ask the King what he thinks about the abdiction of Queen Beatrix! And the same to speculate who will be the next monarch to abdicate! It is well known that it is a dutch tradition to abdicate...in Sweden and other european countries it Is not! In an other article Lindwall was quoted that he thinks that Queen Margrethe could be the next and that maybe orhers would follow!

IMO there is no reason to speculate about the abdiction of the other european monarchs!
Although there is no tradition for abdication in the scandinavian countries it does not mean it will not happen, although very un-likely. King Carl Gustav has been on the throne for 40 years yet he is still younger than his grandfather King Gustav VI Adolf was when ascending the throne, yet he was King for 23 years.

Any abdication in Sweden will not happen for many years, if at all.

Expressen met king Carl Gustaf at the presentation of the Swedish Quality Award in Karlskoga. The king was in a great mood when he arrived to the hospital to present the award and praised the hospital's operations.
But when he was asked what he thinks of that Queen Beatrix abdicates, he was enigmatic.
- It is their job ... He says before he left.

Swedish people seem to want the king to follow Queen Beatrix and hand over to Crown Princess Victoria. In a new Demoskop/Expressen survey seven out of ten Swedes want that the king also to abdicate. 626 people were asked if they believe that the King should retire - and 69 percent said yes. One of seven Swedes think the King should abdicate within a year, while 42 percent want to see a monarch abdicate within five years.
Expressen asked on Wednesday evening the King to clarify what he meant by his mysterious statement about Beatrix.
- The King has no comment on the latest incident in the royal family of the Netherlands, says the Deputy Director of the Information and Press
Department, Annika Sönnerberg.
The king clarifies that he is not yet thinking of leaving the throne to Victoria:
- It is not an issue in Sweden.

Article and video
Kungen Det är inte aktuellt i Sverige Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Since the king is only 66 years old and Victoria and Daniel will probably have more children, the talk about the king's abdication could be current in Sweden after about 10 years IMO.

Last edited:
Expressen met king Carl Gustaf at the presentation of the Swedish Quality Award in Karlskoga. The king was in a great mood when he arrived to the hospital to present the award and praised the hospital's operations.
But when he was asked what he thinks of that Queen Beatrix abdicates, he was enigmatic.
- It is their job ... He says before he left.

Swedish people seem to want the king to follow Queen Beatrix and hand over to Crown Princess Victoria. In a new Demoskop/Expressen survey seven out of ten Swedes want that the king also to abdicate. 626 people were asked if they believe that the King should retire - and 69 percent said yes. One of seven Swedes think the King should abdicate within a year, while 42 percent want to see a monarch abdicate within five years.
Expressen asked on Wednesday evening the King to clarify what he meant by his mysterious statement about Beatrix.
- The King has no comment on the latest incident in the royal family of the Netherlands, says the Deputy Director of the Information and Press
Department, Annika Sönnerberg.
The king clarifies that he is not yet thinking of leaving the throne to Victoria:
- It is not an issue in Sweden.

Article and video
Kungen Det är inte aktuellt i Sverige Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Since the king is only 66 years old and Victoria and Daniel will probably have more children, the talk about the king's abdication could be current in Sweden after about 10 years IMO.
If one read the detail from the poll the information looks very different. One in seven - that is only 14% - would like to see the King abdicate now. That is in my opinion a show of great support for the King. The fact that there are people wanting him to abdicate in five years is actually rather irrelevant. To hope for something to happen in five years indicates that it is not very important.

In my eyes this poll is a show of confidence for the King. Let's see how he is doing healthwise in five years and the re-visit the question. 86% want him to remain on the throne today.

I'm not Swedish and have no say in the matter, but I seriously do not want the king to abdicate. I think he has a lot of good years ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom