King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boris, thanks for posting the link with pic of the royal couple :flowers:
Do you know on which date was the meeting with the two kings ;)

I hope we will see more pics outside the Scout camp! :)

Link to the World Scout Foundation's website with info about another event for the royal couple during the Jamboree, also attended by 'Chief Scout' Prince Faisal of Saudi Arabia:

It's done! / Jamboree News / 22nd World Scout Jamboree / Jamboree / World Scout Events / Events / Information & Events / Home - World Organization of the Scout Movement

Last edited:
Ooops

This is on old pic of the queen - the pic was taken 29th August 2009 by Meeting in Kristianstad! ;)

Sorry, something went wrong. Now n:eek: 5 is a link to the picture it was meant to be... :dizzy:

But when I taken the courser on the pic - it mentioned 27th July 2011 11.57h for taken the pic!
It's really made by Jamboree in Kristianstad?.
It surely looks like it could have been taken before at Solliden.
It was posted under the category of Prince Faisal's visit to the Jamboree on the Scout website, so I took it for granted that the pic was taken during the visit.

The King made ​​a "Final Countdown" and closed scout camp

See the Swedish king to make "the rocket" at Jamboree final...

Video

All post concerning the presentation of the research on Walther Sommerlath's behavior in the Nazi period have been moved to this thread.

Well, he isn´t Daniel Westling anymore.
And it seems odd, that Daniel had been able to be in Germany on Thursday, because he was at the event with Victoria in Stockholm at 10.00-11.40.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00JU1nq57d3Ge/x610.jpg
And he was seen leaving the royal palace on Thursday afternoon
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/13491777/800/normal/7ced99ea78241/19s18-daniel-520__mngl_20110819ab5x012%2Cnyh_1.indd_1516.jpg

Well, he isn´t Daniel Westling anymore.
And it seems odd, that Daniel had been able to be in Germany on Thursday, because he was at the event with Victoria in Stockholm at 10.00-11.40.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00JU1nq57d3Ge/x610.jpg
And he was seen leaving the royal palace on Thursday afternoon
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/13491777/800/normal/7ced99ea78241/19s18-daniel-520__mngl_20110819ab5x012%2Cnyh_1.indd_1516.jpg

Its not unusal the press still referring to him as Daniel Westling. The same happens to Letizia in Spain, the media still calls her Letizia Ortiz on many occasions, same does especially the Aussie press with Mary Donaldsen.

Anyway, I thought it was strange too. Why would Daniel travel with his in-laws on that occasion? On the other hand, the lady must know who stood in front of her when recalling the scene.

Anyway, I thought it was strange too. Why would Daniel travel with his in-laws on that occasion? On the other hand, the lady must know who stood in front of her when recalling the scene.
I don't know, after all she haven't recognized the King & Queen, it could have easily been a bodyguard or a friend. ;) Daniel was in Stockholm on Thursday, and I doubt he took a flight to catch a nice lunch with in-laws in Heidelberg.

I haven't heard of either Daniel or Carl Philip being there too. All I heard was what LadyFinn already wrote, plus that she recommended a few other restaurants to them so they could get something decent to eat somewhere else.

I don't think this incident was bad at all. Why should she have recognized them? Not everyone is interested in royals. And even if she would have recognized them what should she have done? Throw other guests out of the restaurant? Because it wouldn't have been just two people (two people can always be squeezed in somewhere) but a whole group that was there with Silvia and Carl Gustaf. At least that's what I've heard.

And I also think there's no need for the restaurant to send a written apology to the swedish palace (I heard they want to do it). They could write that they just didn't recognize them but really didn't have place at that time but will be very happy if the king and the queen would come by again if they are around somewhere again. An explanation of the situation is okay, an apology is not nessecary IMO.

I find the comment from this restaurant hostess quite ridiculous: " I don´t have the time to read yellow-press all day and therefore I didn´t recognize the Queen..."
My God this poor woman is really to be felt sorry for: Working from morning to night hating royals and being obviously jealous with and despise women allday.) at the hairdresser reading yellow-press. I´m almost sure she recognized them but didn´t want to admit that she hates royals and yellow-press readers.
Some comments on TV are on top of it all quite malicious: Famous people always want to stay incognito but in case they are not recognzided they are insulted - as far as I know, in this case Silvia didn´t tell who she is and therefore no reason to blame her!

My God this poor woman is really to be felt sorry for: Working from morning to night hating royals and being obviously jealous with and despise women allday.) at the hairdresser reading yellow-press. I´m almost sure she recognized them but didn´t want to admit that she hates royals and yellow-press readers.

I already asked another user in another thread, but that doesn't stop me from asking you a very similar question: What's the reason for you for being so sure with what you say? Do you kno the restaurant owner? Or her husband? Or anyone of her friends, relatives, employees? Because why else could you make such a statement of whom she really knows, whom and what she really hates and why she is jealous of whom and what? What you're doing is defaming. And that's not a nice thing to do.

It always makes me angry, when I read comments like this where someone is bold or arrogant enough to hint that he/she definitely knows what's going on in the heads of people they absolutely don't know. The restaurant owner is right when she says she doesn't have time to read yellow press, because she works in a very busy job and has very much responibilities with it. And at the hairdresser, doctors, etc there are not just yellow press magazines, but also serious magazines. Maybe those is more to her liking. So it is absolutely possible that she really didn't know them.

Not everyone is interested in them. And even if someone is, that doesn't mean they recognize everyone from that bunch. Because I personally wouldn't recognize the royals from Luxemburg or Liechtenstein if they came along my way. And a whole lot of the dutch and Belgium royals, too. Not to mention our german "royals". They could hit me with a tree and I wouldn't know that it's one of those royals that brought me into hospital. On the other hand I would perfectly well know if a scandinavian, british or monegasque royal did that to me.

So please stop assuming the restaurant owner did what she did, because she hates royals or is jealous of someone/something or frustrated because of her job. You simply don't know that!!!

Last edited:
I agree with you KitKat2006. I have followed the royals for a long time, and I wouldn´t recognize all of them, if they would pop up to my door.
And many of my friends, who aren´t interested in royals, wouldn´t recognize king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia, if they would see them in "private clothes". Maybe if they would see a photo of them with tiaras, evening gowns and sashes, they would recognize them.
It is not any way wrong not to recognize royals. Everyone has their own hobbys - mine and many others one hobby is to follow royals.

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attended the opening concert of the Baltic Sea Festival
at Berwaldhallen in Stockholm on Saturday August 27, 2011. The royal couple attended
the commemorative concert in connection with the Baltic Year 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

^^ I like the queen's dress. it looks good on her.

Much better than the previous evening dress; lovely.

Last edited:

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia are on an official visit to the city of Boras today, September 1.
They've visited the "Waste Recovery – International Partership" project there.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

** Picture gallery: sverigesradio.se: Kungligt besök i Borås ** bt.se gallery **

** kungahuset.se: Kungaparet besökte Borås **

** svenskdam.se: Kungaparet besökte forskningsinstitut och avfallsanläggning i Borås **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom