King Carl XVI Gustaf's Birthday - April 30: 2003-2005, 2008-2015, 2017-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww Estelle is adorable! I would say that this is the Kings best birthday with his first grandchild!

adorable pictures!!!!!!!! and how beautiful Estelle's eyes are, they are blue^^
when she was born she looked like Victoria too, but now she is a daddy's girl!

The Swedish Royal Family celebrate King Carl Gustaf's 65th Birthday at The Royal Palace
Stockholm, Sweden - 30.04.12
King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Prince Daniel, Princess Estelle, Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip The Swedish Royal Family celebrate King Carl Gustaf's 65th Birthday at The Royal Palace Stockholm, Sweden - 30.04.12

WENN Photo Library - Search Results

Please, tell me I wasn't the only one who went "awwww" at pictures of little Estelle! :wub:
She's really adorable and I loved the cloths Victoria had chosen for her baby girl. Victoria and Daniel are really proud parents, and Carl Philip - a doting uncle.
I have to say, Estelle was the unchallenged star of the event; it was supposed to be the King's big day but everyone (the King included) was looking at her.

Last edited:
Estelle has the same chubby cheeks Daniel had as a baby. Her chin looks like Victoria's. Her eyes appear to be Victoria's eyes from what I can see. Seeing Estelle up on the balcony was a shock so did not expect it but am so happy they brought her up there~!

Please, tell me I wasn't the only one who went "awwww" at pictures of little Estelle! :wub:
She's really adorable and I loved the cloths Victoria had chosen for her baby girl. Victoria and Daniel are really proud parents, and Carl Philip - a doting uncle.
I have to say, Estelle was the unchallenged star of the event; it was supposed to be the King's big day but everyone (the King included) was looking at her.
If we are speaking about princess Estelle's clothes-does she has her own "fashion thread"? If not it's time!:flowers:

If we are speaking about princess Estelle's clothes-does she has her own "fashion thread"? If not it's time!:flowers:
There isn't a fashion thread dedicated to Estelle or any other young royals.
There is, however, a thread dedicated to all little fashionistas - Fashion for the little royals.

Last edited:
My word, the King is smiling!! HAHA

I believe little Estelle has inherited her mother's endless facial expressions for any occasion :ROFLMAO: I'm with Bine221 she does have a "what the hell is going on here" look on her face!

So adorable :wub:

Is it just me, or does CP Victoria's nail polish match little Estelle's jacket?

What a great surprise that they brought Estelle! She is super-cute :wub: and while in the first pictures she looked like Victoria, I now see a lot of Daniel in her!

i think we can presume that we will see Estelle every year from now on, on the King's birthday on that balcony with the rest of the royal family!

Iltalehti quotes Expressen's paper version story:
That Estelle was brought to the window, was a total surprise for the king and the queen. Victoria and Daniel had managed to take her to the Palace so that the king and the queen hadn't seen it. And Bertil Ternert didn't know anything either. "This wasn't planned at all, the crown princess attends at a work engagement when it agrees with her", said Ternert.

Of course it is just pure speculation, that the king and the queen didn't know about Estelle coming to the Palace...

Last edited:
i don't think that victoria can brought her to the window without the permission of the king

Iltalehti quotes Expressen's paper version story:
That Estelle was brought to the window, was a total surprise for the king and the queen. Victoria and Daniel had managed to take her to the Palace so that the king and the queen hadn't seen it. And Bertil Ternert didn't know anything either. "This wasn't planned at all, the crown princess attends at a work engagement when it agrees with her", said Ternert.

Of course it is just pure speculation, that the king and the queen didn't know about Estelle coming to the Palace...

I don't think that it had minded the royal couple to let Estelle be part of the balcony scene, they are proud of the little star.

I have a question and hoping someone can answer it for me.
On some pictures taken during the 'balcony scene' it seems that Queen Silvia is crying...
Can someone tell me what that was about?
Link to the pictures:

MYROYALS

Last edited:
Hendrik-Jan77 said:
I have a question and hoping someone can answer it for me.
On some pictures taken during the 'balcony scene' it seems that Queen Silvia is crying...
Can someone tell me what that was about?
Link to the pictures:

MYROYALS

Looks like a sneeze and then blowing her nose to me.

On some pictures taken during the 'balcony scene' it seems that Queen Silvia is crying... Can someone tell me what that was about?
She currently has a cold indeed.
Already mentioned the day before in the reports about the SAP 40th jubilee gala for the World Childhood Foundation, when she intoned 'Happy Birthday' sounding rather like a husky Marlene Dietrich.;)

i don't think that victoria can brought her to the window without the permission of the king
I don't think CP Victoria needs anyones permission to bring her daughter to the palace. Perhaps she just wanted to make her dad's birthday extra special and brought the little girl that probably already has "morfar" twisted around her little fingers.

Its strange not seeing Crown Princess Victoria at the Palace balcony today,I'm sure she'll celebrate her fathers birthday upon her return from Amsterdam.

Back
Top Bottom