King Carl XVI Gustaf's Birthday - April 30: 2003-2005, 2008-2015, 2017-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So everything is balanced then, right?

What a difference! Look at the pictures of today's celebrations in Sweden, then take a look at the celebrations in the Netherlands!! Everyone in Sweden looked so serious- beautiful- but serious. Maybe the King should invite Princess Maxima to his party next year- I'm sure she'd liven things up a bit!!! :punk:

This is true. She would. However, the Swedes, relatively speaking, let their guards down more on the National Day. But generally, you are right.

The King's 59th Birthday - 30 April 2005

On saturday the whole family will show at the royal castle
for the kings birthday

I see you are early this year, Josefine :)

Great that the whole family will be there! Hope we´ll see some fantastic photos from this year to!

Birthday

Yes and we are only one year away from the King celebrating his 60th Birthday! I bet there will be quite big celebrations next year to mark his 60th. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
To the Stockholm people: Do you have plans to go to the castle tomorrow?

Attachments

• King Carl Gustaf XVI 58th birthday.jpg
    King Carl Gustaf XVI 58th birthday.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 978
Last edited:

Happy 59th Birthday to King Carl XVI Gustaf
Many happy returns
:) :) :)

Attachments

• Prince Carl Gustaf baby cute.jpg
    Prince Carl Gustaf baby cute.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 757
  • Prince Carl Gustaf child.jpg
    Prince Carl Gustaf child.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 734
Lena said:
So you have waited for the very right moment, Dennis. Perfect timing

Thank you. Here´s another great photo of Carl XVI Gustaf:

Attachments

• CG.jpeg
    CG.jpeg
    20.9 KB · Views: 382
Just came back...ouch my arm hurts from recording the spectacular birthday, nevertheless a nice celebration. Anyhow I'm very sorry that it was the Jämtlands regiments last appearance :(. Damn politicans and their saving-program.

Last edited:
First two pictures from royalcourt.se
Has princess Madeleine worn a white coat? The one she has worn, when she has visited the children´s hospital?

Attachments

• föd1.jpg
    föd1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 468
  • föd2.jpg
    föd2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 495
It looks like that coat. Victoria is wearing the great coat she wore in Japan.
"And the women go wild..." at the sight of Carl Philip in his uniform...

Thanks for posting them.

Dennism said:
It looks like that coat. Victoria is wearing the great coat she wore in Japan.
"And the women go wild..." at the sight of Carl Philip in his uniform...

Thanks for posting them.

"great coat"...hmm :rolleyes:
I wonder, why they don´t show at the balcony for a "regular" birthday. That with the window worked fine, when the children were small and could be placed in the front row...but now the whole family is about the same height and they have to change places to be seen of all.

more of carl philip pöease

the whole family looks very happy

Good point. I think it´s time for some redecorating! "Watch out. We´re making a bigger space for a window!" Yes, well, I think it´s a great coat. I am prepared to stand alone(like the cheese) in that opinion.

they could use this belcony instead

Attachments

• 0000316618-023.jpg
    0000316618-023.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 399
There you go. A good idea.

Lena said:
but now the whole family is about the same height and they have to change places to be seen of all.

Hehe well yeah I've been thinking the same, that's a problem, guess they should work on that for the next one by expanding the space in some way...which I doubt :rolleyes:

Here is the King doing his annual shaking-of-hands-with-children.

And an official photo from today of the family:

Attachments

• CG430.jpeg
    CG430.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 553
  • Family.jpeg
    Family.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 658
Dennism said:
Here is the King doing his annual shaking-of-hands-with-children.

Thank you, Dennis. I wonder, if the children went this year on to hug the king...or if they went back to the old "habit" just to shake hands. This pic says clearly "shaking"...but maybe the little boy is just shy.

Dennism said:

Did Silvia and Madeleine exclude Victoria from the phone call or memo that they were both going to wear white on this occasion? :p

Silvia looks wonderful in that cowl-neck white jacket however.

Alexandria said:
Did Silvia and Madeleine exclude Victoria from the phone call or memo that they were both going to wear white on this occasion? :p

:D Maybe Victoria has thought to wear certain white shoes is enough :p

Yes, and what attractive shoes they are...:)

Oops... about that family pic: CP Victoria's pink coat is not so great IMHO as she must have bought it at least two sizes too large - and Princess Madeleine's pant suit looks as if it was made of paper - so stiff & uncomfortable.
I don't think that the rather 'cold' setting for the photograph in that icy white Palace hallway does help either.
Plus, here we go again: Victoria's eternal rubberband ponytail & Madeleine overdoing it on the (fake?) tan... sigh. Queen Silvia & the guys in the family looked much better today.

Boris said:
I don't think that the rather 'cold' setting for the photograph in that icy white Palace hallway does help either.

Yes but they´ve done it there before so maybe it´s a tradition that needs to stopped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey people! I was at the Royal Palace today to celebrate His Majesty, and it was great - lots of people and a good programme on the courtyard, and a yummie Prince Carl Philip in a uniform slightly behind his father! :D

I must say that I'm extremely disappointed at Crown Princess Victoria. I really don't like this jacket, the colour is just too much, it's way too big and it looks like a raincoat... She destroyed the whole picture with it, the visual unity of the family, because it stood out so much.

Otherwise, a good day! Okay weather, they had promised rain, but only a few drops came in the end. Nice singing and cheering for HM, and afterwards I signed the congratulatory records.

PS. Pics are coming! DS.

GrandDuchess said:
I must say that I'm extremely disappointed at Crown Princess Victoria. I really don't like this jacket, the colour is just too much, it's way too big and it looks like a raincoat... She destroyed the whole picture with it, the visual unity of the family, because it stood out so much.

Well, I agree that she could have worn something else but I do like the coat. Maybe it wasn´t appropriate what with the King and Carl Philip in uniform, Madeleine in a suit and the Queen wearing a very nice coat.

Okay people! Here are the first pictures. This is of the Inner Courtyard with the various military groups and some of the things that took place there during the programme of the congratulatory call.

My pictures - Inner Courtyard:

Attachments

• Rimg0021.jpg
    Rimg0021.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 319
  • Rimg0031.jpg
    Rimg0031.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 287
  • Rimg0030.jpg
    Rimg0030.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 294
  • Rimg0028.jpg