King Carl Gustaf Controversy: 2010-2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Duke of Marmalade said:
Yep. He came across as arrogant, sleazy and with a body language that sreamed "liar". If any proof, such as the infamous pictures, should ever come to light he is finished.

Who on earth advised him to do such an interview at this stage, and even worse, allowed such a pitiful presentation of a Head of State. Now the hole that he has been digging since the first "interview" at the Hunting Lodge is even deeper than before. If you give an interview on the subject, either do it right and are well prepared in order to clear the case or keep your mouth shut.

The King chooses his own advisors, I think. It might have been his own idea. He should have been prepared for this interview.

If I were his advisor, I would say:

If all the accusations are completely false, say so directly and forcefully and leave open the possibility of suing.

If they are true, admit it as honestly as possible rather than wait for details to surface bit by bit. The sex scandals wouldn't necessarily finish him though I'd feel sorry for the Queen. His alleged associations could leave him vulnerable go blackmail, though, which is a bigger concern.

Even in the belgian newspaper they spoke about the King of Sweden's strange royal way of doing and worse someone has a picture of he King among this ladies.
I am really sad for the Swedish Monarchy.

Oh my god, what was that???? The most horrible interview I have ever seen! With this ääähs and öööhs and this unsure body language he´s trying to convince us about his innocence? Not convincing at all! And as Mille Markovic´s only reply the day after this interview: I will come with the proofs... I really really fear what material he has.... and what this material contains of! I agree with the others: if there are real picture proofs, this interview (and his pseudo-denial) really kills him!
BYe Bine

Bine221 said:
Oh my god, what was that???? The most horrible interview I have ever seen! With this ääähs and öööhs and this unsure body language he´s trying to convince us about his innocence? Not convincing at all! And as Mille Markovic´s only reply the day after this interview: I will come with the proofs... I really really fear what material he has.... and what this material contains of! I agree with the others: if there are real picture proofs, this interview (and his pseudo-denial) really kills him!
BYe Bine

The king is not the most comfortable person in public at the best of times. Publishing photos in the next few months? This is very serious.

I think they should give it a rest and leave the king in peace. Who cares... He was right answering the questions like he did, some of the questions were downright stupid. Some people for example would define Moulin Rouge as a sex club, some (most) wouldn't. Besides, he's dyslexic and has trouble with social situations but everyone always seems to forget this and interpret his fidgeting and uncomfortableness the wrong way. I do not care if he has done what he is accused of or not, I just want all this money hungry crap to end.

There are far more serious problems in Sweden at the moment but I guess since those issues cannot be discussed, the attention must be turned into things that are not important at all... Let them destroy their monarchy if they want, they'll later regret it.

I do not care if he has done what he is accused of or not, I just want all this money hungry crap to end.

There are far more serious problems in Sweden at the moment but I guess since those issues cannot be discussed, the attention must be turned into things that are not important at all... Let them destroy their monarchy if they want, they'll later regret it.

The Head of State potentially involved in criminal activities is not a serious problem?

Long time ago , before his wedding I saw on TV a very important thread saying that King
Carl Gustav was able to be King because his Grandfather had such a long Reign et secondly because Sweden had then an excellent Prime Minister the late Olof Palme .

Last edited:
The Head of State potentially involved in criminal activities is not a serious problem?

Well, I have seen no credible evidence or proof that he has been involved in any kind of criminal activities. Watching naked ladies go at it is not a criminal activity IMO (or having friends who allegedly might have tried to do business with organized crime, you can never know for sure what your friends are up to), but then again I'm quite liberal in my views.

I and many people I know just think the whole thing has gone ridiculous in Sweden (which in a way does not surprise us... ;):ROFLMAO:). The Swedish people are free to get rid of their king but can they honestly say that a president for example would be a better choice? Just look at ours... :whistling:

Well, I have seen no credible evidence or proof that he has been involved in any kind of criminal activities. Watching naked ladies go at it is not a criminal activity IMO (or having friends who allegedly might have tried to do business with organized crime, you can never know for sure what your friends are up to), but then again I'm quite liberal in my views.

No but deliberate lying to the public would be (in case compromising evidence comes to light after this interview).

No but deliberate lying to the public would be (in case compromising evidence comes to light after this interview).

Lying to the public is a crime in Sweden? In that case most of the politicians in the world should be in prison for their crimes, I guess... :ROFLMAO:

Long time ago , before his wedding I saw on TV a very important thread saying that King
Carl Gustav was able to be King because his Grandfather had such a long Reign et secondly because Sweden had then an excellent Prime Minister the late Olof Palme .

Olof Palme excellent? Well, up until his death he wasnt concidered excellent but after his death he became St Olof, the PM with no flaws.

In the early 70ths there were massive changes to the monarchy and had the king died a few weeks later we would have gotten a republic, but as he died Carl Gustaf was proclaimed king and suddenly the republican agenda came to a halt.

As for the current situation. Most people i speak with say: ENOUGH!!! Either publish the photos or stop this nonsence.

Wounder what the reaction on Skansen when the king arrives will be

It is sad that senior members of the TRF does not understand that they behave just as badly in his unfounded speculation that the newspapers' journalists. We need credible evidence. Otherwise, be silent! The whole story is a newspaper drama where the tabloids had blood weathering. Nothing of substance has emerged so far. It is a sad drama, we may witness in which the alleged "crimes" in no way justifies the hurricane winds that whipped up. The King has, after all, neither has committed treason or sold the crown jewels. It's like a hurricane in a manure thanks, humiliating and degrading for the royal family. Now it's just a break in the power struggle, the cards appear. Have opponents triumph in hand?

Karin Pettersson, Aftonbladet's political editor, writes:
The king is a symbol for Sweden beyond politics and conflicting desires. As the head of state, he has real, important tasks. He represents Sweden abroad and at home. He leads the Advisory Council. And at moments of national crisis, he can serve as a unifying figure.
The same king has spent the last few days answering questions about whether he went to strip club. He has had to comment on whether he knew that one of his best friends negotiated with big criminals in order to buy pictures of King in compromising situations. He replied negatively, but tangential. Word is now against words, to be continued.
The king should realize that it is time to abdicate.
Out of respect for the people.
Kliv av – för folkets skull | Karin Pettersson | Ledarkrönika | Ledare | Aftonbladet

Seven wittnesses tell about the photos of the king and naked women
Expressen
Top politicians: The crisis is not over for the King
Although the king spoke out the pressure increases. Leading politicians warned of consequences if the king was lying in his high-profile defense.
Toppolitiker: Krisen inte över för kungen - DN.SE
Google Translate

Last edited:
It is sad that senior members of the TRF does not understand that they behave just as badly in his unfounded speculation that the newspapers' journalists. We need credible evidence. Otherwise, be silent!

TRF is a message board, not the court of law. Its rather bad behaviour to ask members to shut up when not agreeing with their opinions.

Lying to the public is a crime in Sweden? In that case most of the politicians in the world should be in prison for their crimes, I guess... :ROFLMAO:

you ain't kiddin.. you should be in the U.S. Here lying is an artform...

:shifty:

"Shut up" i Your words

TRF is a message board, not the court of law. Its rather bad behaviour to ask members to shut up when not agreeing with their opinions.

Even if a moderator rebukes, one should be correct. There is a significant linguistic difference between asking someone to "be quiet", which is a polite form of address, and asking someone to "shut up". The latter is rude and I have not written. You should know that all the errors that are spread through gossip tends to grow and each wrong statement leads to snowballs set in motion and grow bigger and bigger. My assumption has been that those who move on the forum is for the monarchy and then maybe they are helping in the search for truthful facts.

Last edited:
Scandal-hit king sees popularity plunge - The Local

The king gave today an interview to TT about alleged visits to strip clubs and contact with the criminal underworld.
Scandal-hit King denies all allegations - The Local
Photos from the interview:
SVD - bilder från intervjun

The whole interview with a video:
Kungen berättar om maffia-affären - ord för ord - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

Oh good grief. I don't know a word of Swedish but this was still uncomfortable to watch! I don't know if the Swedes were clamoring for an interview, but I have to think that this move was ill-advised. And can you imagine Silvia's humiliation?

Oh good grief. I don't know a word of Swedish but this was still uncomfortable to watch! I don't know if the Swedes were clamoring for an interview, but I have to think that this move was ill-advised. And can you imagine Silvia's humiliation?

I read the translated transcript and I got to say.. well i can't say it..

other than.. :bang:

man that was horrible. The king completely stepped all over his own tongue on that one. It'll be interesting to see if any real proof ever shows up.

Re: the interview

IMO Giving this interview was a bad idea for a lot of reasons:

1. the king waffled a lot, - not surprising, he is not a man known for his eloquence.
2. obviously he did not rehearse, or do a dry run, like lawyers do with their witnesses? Surely he must have know which type of questions would come up, Does he not have advisers?
3. the interview was not necessary: if needed a carefully crafted statement would have been better.

This begs the question: Did the king get bad advice? or is it that he just doesn;t listen to advice? If he was advised to do the interview, some courtier should be fired.

This begs the question: Did the king get bad advice? or is it that he just doesn;t listen to advice? If he was advised to do the interview, some courtier should be fired.
I read somewhere it was the King's idea to do the interview. With the outcome of it, I don't think it was a good idea.

The responsible person is Bertil Ternert, Director of the Information and Press Department, who was only appointed by the end of last year. He is an Army officer and has a PR background in that area.

Not sufficient, as everybody can see. To allow such a desaster to unfold, for some time now, is a complete disqualification for the job. How can a PR person a) allow such an interview to happen in the first place (a monarch being asked how to define a "strip club" :eek:) and b) sit there and watch the obviously unprepared CG being made look like a complete fool :bang:

Seems that the SRF doesnt have any clue about chosing their PR people, after they finally got rid of Nina Eldh there was hope but Bertil Ternert is as bad and is struggling how to handle such a - potentially very desastrous - issue.

:previous: The King should go and beg ETW to come back. Since she left it's going just downwards in SRF PR department.

Unfortunately, there is an "open secret" that the king don´t embrace good advice from his press office. From a very reliable source, I have been reassured that the king, unfortunately, "running his own show". It´s evident! But this fact still need´t mean that the king is lying. Both Prime Renfeldt as opposition leader Juholt has clearly stated that they choose to believe in the king. Furthermore, the constitutional committee said "NO" to examine the data. At present, it is best to choose to believe that the king might have had dealings with criminals. There've been a hunt for the royal family since the crown princess weddings and indications are that there are Republican interests who have achievements in the nasty rogue hunt continues.

IMO Giving this interview was a bad idea for a lot of reasons:

1. the king waffled a lot, - not surprising, he is not a man known for his eloquence.
2. obviously he did not rehearse, or do a dry run, like lawyers do with their witnesses? Surely he must have know which type of questions would come up, Does he not have advisers?
3. the interview was not necessary: if needed a carefully crafted statement would have been better.

Unfortunately, it is so that the King don´t listen to his press office. This is a well known open secret!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard from several good friends of mine in Sweden who, in the words of one, say that "things are burning" over there. That means that this is not something that is going to go away unless there is full disclosure.

There are evidently a number of photographs of the King in attendance at clubs where the entertainment is not limited to conversation with friends over a nice glass of wine or beer.

The Swedish press is in no way as "rabid" as, say, the British press; the fact that a major newspaper is calling for his abdication is fairly significant.

That interview, which I saw, was astonishing in the Clintonesque-like shrug-off of questions and wordplay. Add to that the tremendous number of "um," "ah," and "er" phrases being spoken, it's clear to see that there is a lot of obsfucation going on.

This is serious. It's not a relatively harmless (except to Silvia) frolic with a busty Camilla, as we saw the King admit to, last year. This has him squarely in the middle of - and to a certain extent under obligation to - criminal elements.

Duke of Marmalade, I am with you; I would prefer to discuss this openly as opposed to being told what we may and may not speak of here.

Originally posted by me in 11/2010: "I remember the incident at the now GONE Gold Club in Atlanta. Dubious isn't a strong enough descriptive for the place. In 1999, the place was shut down (and the building razed) by the Feds, as it not only was it a "gentlemen's" club (strip club), but was involved in money laundering, racketeering and a load of other stuff. As far as the King being there, so what? He was a visitor and someone didn't do their homework about the place or someone isn't telling the truth about whether he was there or not or whether he has a penchant for this type of activity. I'm certainly not going to judge him...If his wife isn't bothered, I'm not either."
------------------------------------------------------------
Sheesh, I thought this had subsided. It happened 15 years ago.

This is turning into a "witch" hunt. I was not at the club, but my boss (at that time) was. I phoned my old boss yesterday to ask him about the party. He confirmed that the King had been treated to a night out by Atlanta's community of international bankers; he would not go into any detail.

The King went to a strip club, so what! If he had sex with a woman to whom he wasn't married, he's in a very BIG pool of others who have done that. I doubt that the King was involved in "underworld" activities. He just likes the ladies.

It just might be that Sweden is ready to go republican and this is the first salvo.

Last edited:
NotAPretender said:
I've heard from several good friends of mine in Sweden who, in the words of one, say that "things are burning" over there. That means that this is not something that is going to go away unless there is full disclosure.

There are evidently a number of photographs of the King in attendance at clubs where the entertainment is not limited to conversation with friends over a nice glass of wine or beer.

The Swedish press is in no way as "rabid" as, say, the British press; the fact that a major newspaper is calling for his abdication is fairly significant.

That interview, which I saw, was astonishing in the Clintonesque-like shrug-off of questions and wordplay. Add to that the tremendous number of "um," "ah," and "er" phrases being spoken, it's clear to see that there is a lot of obsfucation going on.

This is serious. It's not a relatively harmless (except to Silvia) frolic with a busty Camilla, as we saw the King admit to, last year. This has him squarely in the middle of - and to a certain extent under obligation to - criminal elements.

Duke of Marmalade, I am with you; I would prefer to discuss this openly as opposed to being told what we may and may not speak of here.

The Swedish press seem to agree with you on this.
http://m.thelocal.se/34088/20110531/

Back
Top Bottom