King Carl Gustaf Controversy: 2010-2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tacky is what I think of this picture.

Carl Gustaf von Schweden: So wild ist der König im Bett! - BUNTE Camilla Henemark giving some embarrassing details about her relationship with the King in her new book ("he was wild").

Swedish newspaper Expressen had different articles on the book and quotes from CH. I think that these are initiatives from those who still want to express negative views on the King, and probably pay the lady, keen to earn some money. We see such things in different countries where a member of the royal family is an easy target. eg in Belgium regularly new negative articles on prince Laurent... at the same time they harm the whole royal family.:sad:

QE11 had small children when she ascended to the throne. And she had two more after she ascended. A grownup CP is not needed if there is a youthful monarch.

Anyone in the public eye whether they be royalty, sports figures, or entertainers is far game nowadays. No one is off limits apparently.

Swedish newspaper Expressen had different articles on the book and quotes from CH. I think that these are initiatives from those who still want to express negative views on the King, and probably pay the lady, keen to earn some money. .:sad:

Well, I was not surprised about that at all. When the book has been revealed last year, she was invited to some interviews and already stated, that she will write a book as well. It seems, after her great pop-singer days she has no money left.
Also the only story she has to tell is how they met, how they became lovers and what has happened in bed. So it was clear, that the result will be like this.

BYe Bine

Queen Silvia have reported the newspapers that have published the photo montage by the artist Elisabeth Ohlsson Wallin, showing the king, queen, Camilla Henemark among others, to the Swedish Press Ombudsman. She claims that the publishing of the picture have damaged her public image. The first judging by the PO have not lead to any criticism of the newspapers, so the queen have appealed to a higher instance, the Pressens Opinionsnämnd: Drottning Silvia anmäler montaget | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/drottning-silvia-anmaler-flera-tidningar/

Last edited:
AFP Swedish queen files complaint over satirical artwork

Artist Elisabeth Ohlsson Wallin gives a press conference at 13.00 today in her studio. She now wants to give her version of the story of the PO notified photomontage including Queen Silvia. "I am often called provocateur, but also a provocateur has feelings and a heart. I will tell you how I've felt. It has been deeply depressing for me. And I have no speech writer or press secretary. I stand completely alone"
Resumé Ohlson Wallin ”Det har varit djupt pressat”

Daniel Nyhlén, who was earlier a royal reporter, writes in his blog that just when we had forgotten the montage this PO notification makes that it appears again and again. Queen Silvia can't have wanted that.
https://blogg.improveme.se/danielnyhlen/2013/02/20/drottning-silvia-anmaler/
Translation

Elisabeth Olsson Wallin said at her press conference: "I want to apology the Queen - if you can make it in private. It does not mean I regret my picture, but it does mean that I'm sorry that it could cut so deep". She said also that the court makes a fool of itself.
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/ohlson-wallin-svarar-silvia-pa-presskonferens
Translation

Olsson Wallin said: "When Queen PO reported some magazines for my picture, I became very worried. I reckoned that the court, the queen and the king have a very professional team around them. A staff who can tell you what for responsibility art has in society, what art does and that art is important".
https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/kallar-till-presstraff-efter-silvia-montage/
Translation

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad she file a complaint as those satirical 'artwork' were quite nasty towards the Queen!
Her complaint is not about the artwork in itself, the complaint is that a number of Swedish newspapers published articles about the photo montage. Had the queen complained about the creation of the artwork, such a complain would have been seen as an attempt to hinder the artist from voicing her right of expressing her opinion, as one of our four fundamental laws are the 1991 Fundamental Law on Freedom of Expression

Her complaint is not about the artwork in itself, the complaint is that a number of Swedish newspapers published articles about the photo montage. Had the queen complained about the creation of the artwork, such a complain would have been seen as an attempt to hinder the artist from voicing her right of expressing her opinion, as one of our four fundamental laws are the 1991 Fundamental Law on Freedom of Expression

Oh right,thanks for explaining that!

Hi- so I never followed this scandal and don't know much about it so my question is- is there a chance that the infidelity is all lies? Is there actually any proof or is it just he said she said?? :)

Hi- so I never followed this scandal and don't know much about it so my question is- is there a chance that the infidelity is all lies? Is there actually any proof or is it just he said she said?? :)

The book came out and when asked abt it he stood in the woods mumbling something abt that he hadn't read the book and that he had talked to his family and to the Queen and the events described in the book was in the past and that he had decided to turn the page....

He didn't deny that it happened so the I guess it happened. The woman Camilla Henemark said that she had been totally ready to deny everything but when he stood there at the moose hunt rambling on and not denying it, she thought what the hell and she spilled....

Only days after the Queen was seen not wearing her wedding ring and I understand her 100%!!

But recently it seems like they have mended their marriage and hopefully he won't stray anymore.

Oh that is so sad but I am glad that he and the Queen are mending fences!!! :) they are so cute together!!! :D for some reason I still have a hard time accepting the story- it shocks me but I guess if it is true It must be accepted. :) :) they looked very happy this weekend! :)

I'm not sure that it happened. As far as I've understood a lot of the "evidents" in the book turned out to be false.
True that the king didn't deny, but then again he's got a funny way of communicating with the media.
Not saying that it isn't true and that it didn't happen, but just that the truth perhaps isn't as black or white as the press - or the royal house for that matter - puts it.

Swedish gangster who claimed he had photos of the king in compromising sexual situations is found dead with four bullet wounds to the head | Mail Online
Notorious Serbian-Swedish gangster Milo 'Mille' Markovic has been found dead with four bullet wounds to his head in Stockholm.
The 52-year-old was shot dead while sitting in a car outside his home in Ulvsunda, in the western part of the Swedish capital, just after 6pm last night, the engine still running.
Markovic was unofficially credited as one of the sources for the controversial 2010 biography about the King of Sweden in which the monarch was accused of attending strip clubs and having extramarital affairs.

In order not to have the same discussion in two different threads the posts about the book "Chefen - berättelsen om en skandal" (The Boss - the Story of a scandal") have been moved to this thread at the Royal Library subforum.

Back
Top Bottom