The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

General News about King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Part 1: February 2016 -

King Carl XVI Gustaf & Queen Silvia General News Thread

Please use this thread to post general news ,sightings and pictures of King Carl XVI Gustav and Queen Silvia in this thread.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf has given an interview to german hunting Magazine Jagen weltweit
https://www.united-kiosk.de/Jagen+We...r_2104887.html

Old 05-09-2016, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully it will be about something new...
Old 05-17-2016, 02:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning called to photographer Peter Knutson, who took the latest official photos of the king and queen, published to the king's 70th birthday.
Knutson was surprised when he got the call. At first he thought that he would photograph the staff at the court, but when he realized that it was the king's official portrait, he was pleasantly surprised. He mainly takes photos of celebrities and covers of magazines. The king and queen were very easy going to deal with. Knutson also took the official photo at the King's banquet but he didn't stay at the party afterwards. If the court calls again, he would be happy to take photos again.
Han är hovets nya mästerfotograf _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 05-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf's and queen Silvia's interview in Gods & Gårdar magazine
"That is why we love Solliden"
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 05-21-2016, 03:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Man gets the 'most Swedish tattoo ever' in tribute to King - The Local
Old 05-29-2016, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

There will be no official celebration on the 40th wedding anniversary of the king and queen.
- No, that's right. There is nothing official planned, says Margareta Thorgren.
The cause is according to Expressen's information the royal super year 2016 with all the things that have occurred in the past five months. Two births, the king's grand 70th anniversary celebration that lasted for over a week, and on Friday a major televised christening.
Why not celebrate?
- The royal couple have chosen a private celebration.
How will that happen?
- It is private and therefore we communicate nothing about it.
The same day as the king and queen have their 40-year anniversary also Silvia celebrates 40 years as queen of Sweden. In the current situation nothing official will be due to that either. When the King celebrated 40 years on the throne in 2013 there was large official celebration but the Queen 40 years has not been included in the official schedule.
- There is currently nothing scheduled.
Those who want to woo the king and queen on wedding day. Or those who want to congratulate the Queen of 40 years on the throne. How should they do?
- We get back to you with information when it gets closer.
Otippat besked från SIlvia_ Inget firande på bröllopsdagen _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation
Old 06-02-2016, 01:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

A new Nobel Center is planned to be inaugurated in Blasieholmen on 4th October 2016. Many are against building of it. King Carl Gustaf is critical about the plans to build a new Nobel Center to the place it is now planned.
- Nobel is a name that we want to protect, of course. We want to preserve and increase its value. And those who do this have a laudable objective, but that the house has become so large and come a little bit in the wrong place is a shame. And it's very sad that it has become such an animated debate.
Both the king and the queen are in favor of taking private initiatives in honor of Nobel's memory, but have some comments on the planned on Blasieholmen.
We are moving towards the old Kungliga Tullhuset (Royal Customs House).
- This house represents its time and contact with other countries. It is about Sweden's good trade relations with the rest of Europe and even far across the oceans. The building was a central point in the city. So it's a very nice environment.
But the Customs House will be demolished under the new zoning?
- Or moved, tabs Queen Silvia in.
- No, it is not, says the King. You can not move it. The point is that the house is not going anywhere. And look, this could of course be the finest restaurant. It's a great place. And with a park in front of.
But will the Nobel Centre get a place then?
- It doesn't need to be so gigantic, having this huge volume. You can downsize and turn in different directions. And why get bogged down in the trenches and say it should be right here? It is also possible to move it.
Has the Nobel Foundation been in contact with the king about this?
- Yes, I have been pretty close versed in this project for a long time.
And what does the King say then?
- I discuss it openly. As I do now. That said, it is a laudable project, but the building could be moved.
Both the king and queen have questions about the facade of the Nobel Center. Brass can't be used due to environmental reasons, but it is planned an alloy with stainless steel, brass color.
- It becomes sharp. Strong color. Dominant. Very domineering.
And the shape of the house then?
- I will not put me in that, says the King, I can not discredit everything here.
- I find it a bit strange that an architect has made such a proposal, the Queen says.
Is there more roles for the Swedish royal family on these issues? What would you be willing and able to do?
- We can listen to the people. The people of Stockholm are proud of their city and of the historical heritage. And thanks to a good dialogue between different groups can push things further. Both improving and preserving old environments which there is so much left in Stockholm. It's really important. And fun.
Kungen_ ”Det går ju att flytta på Nobel Center” - DN.SE
Translation
Old 06-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Commoner

I have read on The Local Sweden that the king has been criticised by a Stockholm councillor. He said substantially that they don't need the king's opinion on this topic. “No, he's one hundred years too late. He is entitled to have an opinion on aesthetics, but Sweden has been a democracy since 1919,” “It feels absurd to, in the year 2016, respond to questions about what the Royal Family wants.” I find this attitude strange. The king may not be the most diplomatic person out there but one would think that he is entitled as everyone else to have an opinion. Is it so unacceptable that he expresses a simple personal opinion on these kind of issues? I don't know. I'm just asking.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

The planned Nobel Center is really gigantic, the king is totally right in his opinion. And imo doesn't suit to the surroundings it is planned at all.
http://www.nobelcenter.se/wp-content...Center_DCA.jpg
http://www.nobelcenter.se/wp-content...Center_DCA.jpg
Old 06-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

yeah, it doesnt give a good flow
thanks for the updates
Old 06-03-2016, 08:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary85 View Post
I have read on The Local Sweden that the king has been criticised by a Stockholm councillor. He said substantially that they don't need the king's opinion on this topic. “No, he's one hundred years too late. He is entitled to have an opinion on aesthetics, but Sweden has been a democracy since 1919,” “It feels absurd to, in the year 2016, respond to questions about what the Royal Family wants.” I find this attitude strange. The king may not be the most diplomatic person out there but one would think that he is entitled as everyone else to have an opinion. Is it so unacceptable that he expresses a simple personal opinion on these kind of issues? I don't know. I'm just asking.

It sounds like this city councilor has a strong republican bent. It wasn't necessary to take a swipe at the king that way, and I'm no fan of CG. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the record wanting to see the monarchy abolished.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
There will be no official celebration on the 40th wedding anniversary of the king and queen.
- No, that's right. There is nothing official planned, says Margareta Thorgren.
The cause is according to Expressen's information the royal super year 2016 with all the things that have occurred in the past five months. Two births, the king's grand 70th anniversary celebration that lasted for over a week, and on Friday a major televised christening.
Why not celebrate?
- The royal couple have chosen a private celebration.
How will that happen?
- It is private and therefore we communicate nothing about it.
The same day as the king and queen have their 40-year anniversary also Silvia celebrates 40 years as queen of Sweden. In the current situation nothing official will be due to that either. When the King celebrated 40 years on the throne in 2013 there was large official celebration but the Queen 40 years has not been included in the official schedule.
- There is currently nothing scheduled.
Those who want to woo the king and queen on wedding day. Or those who want to congratulate the Queen of 40 years on the throne. How should they do?
- We get back to you with information when it gets closer.
Otippat besked från SIlvia_ Inget firande på bröllopsdagen _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation
Could it possible that the royal purse has been strecthed so thin that a big party for Silvia is not affordable? I was looking for this to be a tiara event; I think they did a big party for Silvia's 70th birthday. She has a stamp in her honor, maybe another event like the outer courtyard similar to the king's birthday. For all she put up with - including the public scandals - she should get a big celebration.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet has published a special Royal magazine with 84 pages due to the 40th wedding anniversary. Royal expert Jenny Alexandersson tells about the magazine at her blog:
The King's and Queen's friends describe the couple, and we take a look at their early years before they met, and if you've always wondered why the king likes masquerades you get the answer in this magazine. Photos of parties, travelling and everything about the couple's private paradise. The king and queen have by the way their own tips on how to get a long marriage to last.
Allt om kungaparets kärleksjubileum _ Hovbloggen
Old 06-09-2016, 05:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Could it possible that the royal purse has been strecthed so thin that a big party for Silvia is not affordable? I was looking for this to be a tiara event; I think they did a big party for Silvia's 70th birthday. She has a stamp in her honor, maybe another event like the outer courtyard similar to the king's birthday. For all she put up with - including the public scandals - she should get a big celebration.
I never expected any grand celebrations of either the 40th of the Queen Silvia as Queen nor their 40th Wedding anniversary. Since the year is full of other events and celebrations, I think it's logic not to prioritize this, maybe not only due to financial reasons, but the amount of events and attention. The King and Queen have probably decided that they celebrate this in the best way privately.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

I expected that the king and queen would have had a small private celebration with their family and closest friends. Svensk Damtidning asked Madeleine in Gotland if they are looking forward to celebrate the king and queen 40 years married. Madeleine said that unfortunately they (Madeleine and family) are not at home then, there will be congratulations on a phone.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Never heard about a big party for the Queen's 70th birthday.
She is not the head of state but the consort
Such birthday parties are only reserved for the head of state

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I expected that the king and queen would have had a small private celebration with their family and closest friends. Svensk Damtidning asked Madeleine in Gotland if they are looking forward to celebrate the king and queen 40 years married. Madeleine said that unfortunately they (Madeleine and family) are not at home then, there will be congratulations on a phone.
Neither are the other children or family, because it will not be celebrated
Old 06-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

The king and queen at Olof Stenhammar's 75th birthday party at Norrnäs Gård in Värmdö, 25th May. At the first photo with Olof and Inger Stenhammar.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:37 AM
Courtier

Wow, that looks like an 80s circus dress. Was the party themed or something? I'm so used to seeing Queen Silvia well dressed, this appearance is an anomaly.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:30 PM
Courtier

The King and Queen attended a private party at Näsby Slott the weekend before National Day. I believe the party was in connection to the Naval Academy but I could be mistaken.

Här återvänder kungen till Täby – för att festa