General News about King Carl Gustaf & Queen Silvia 1: February 2016 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Margareta Thorgren told yesterday to Expressen that queen Silvia is doing well and resting. No changes in her program are planned. The first event after the Christmas holiday at the calendar for the queen is on 12th January when she and the king attend at an official dinner hosted by the Speaker of the Parliament, Urban Ahlin.
Beskedet_ Då är drottning Silvia tillbaka på jobbet igen _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
The Swedish Royal Court has just released list of Queen Silvia's visits for the upcoming months(besides the official dinner on 12th January mentioned by LadyFinn)
According to Svenskdam:
January 26th -Inauguration of the Royal College of Music's new campus

January 27th- Queen will present scholarships from the Micael Bindefelds Foundation in memory of the Holocaust at the Royal Dramatic Theatre in Stockholm.
January 28th - A trip to Lund for the Lund University's 350th anniversary
February 2nd - Queen will held a working meeting at her Silviahemmet Foundation

At 08:20 am this morning Sweden became for the first time a nation with 10 million inhabitants.

From court Instagram:
Today we will be ten million inhabitants in Sweden. The King sends a greeting to the tenth millionths inhabitant. Exactly who that person is, we don't know. It can be a newborn child, a person who has received residence permit or someone who moved back to Sweden after years abroad.
The King's greeting:
"Whether You came today to the world, returned home or been able to start a new life in our country: You are now part of Sweden's future and its history. I want to wish you a warm welcome."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPe6Y0rhnos/?taken-by=kungahuset

Charbel Chamoun, a lebanese-born artist living in Sweden, has made a portrait of king Carl Gustaf. He posted two short videos of it to Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPQgVROAsKH/?taken-by=ateliercharbelchamoun
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPe89CLAJAb/?taken-by=ateliercharbelchamoun

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Silvia went to a movie with her friends last Friday when king Carl Gustaf was at FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Finland. They watched "Sameblod", a swedish drama which had a premiere on Friday.
Elimane Kane, who sat behind the queen and her friends, tells that five minutes before the film started SÄPO came in and then the queen with her friends. He is not sure if many of the people noticed that the queen came in. Elimane's wife thought that Elimane should take a selfie with the queen, but Elimane didn't dare because SÄPO was there. The queen had many women with her, they seemed to be her fiends, they seemed to have a good time.
Här går drottning Silvia på bio – utan kungen _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Carl Gustaf was at an autoshow in Geneva yesterday.

Carl Gustaf was at an autoshow in Geneva yesterday.

According to Expressen the king and queen left for their holiday trip on 6th March. Natalie Robyn, ceo of Volvo Switzerland, says that they are honoured that the king visited their showcase and was interested in their new cars and newest technology. The king was especially interested in the new Volvo XC60. According to Expressen the king and queen returned to Sweden today.
Margareta Thorgren commented only that the king and queen were on a private trip.
Kungaparet åkte på semester till Schweiz _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
Expressen writes about the interviews queen Silvia gave on the trip to Brazil.
Silvia: Victoria will be a good queen
Last week, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia were on a visit to Brazil, among other things, to participate in a regional "Global Child Forum". The forum aims to create a dialogue and knowledge about children's rights and is organized around the world, on the initiative of the Swedish royal family.
- Children have the right to their own body, to be children and to play. But you talk a little bit about it in school. If we want to have a happy world we must include children, says Queen Silvia in an interview with Brazilian O Globo.
Queen Silvia, who for ten years during her childhood lived in the country, is fluent in Portuguese and therefore made several interviews with the media in the country.
At O Globo she is asked about Crown Princess Victoria's preparations to eventually take over the throne after King Carl Gustaf.
- As a mother, I think of course that Victoria is a perfect person with great compassion, great heart, and who is intelligent. She will be a good queen. She is a good mother and a good person, says Silvia.
The King and Queen's official involvement in Brazil had ended on Friday. Then the idea was to stay in Brazil until Wednesday this week on vacation. But the king and queen decided to return to Stockholm when it became clear that Sweden suffered a terrorist attack.
Queen Silvia told about the plans she had for the private part of the trip to magazine Estadão before the terrorist attack.
- I brought my husband with me because he is very interested in children's rights issues. We have of course very little time, but I'll have time to meet my family.
Drottning Silvia_ Kronprinsessan Victoria blir bra drottning _ Kungligt _ Expressen

King Carl Gustaf has promised to give an interview to SVT News (Finnish news) due to The centenary of Finland's independence in 2017. The interview will be broadcasted on SVT next Tuesday.
Haastateltavana Carl XVI Gustaf _ SVT Nyheter

Ingvar Kamprad, the founder of IKEA, was interviewed at TV-program "Felix möter Ingvar Kamprad".
Over the years and successes he has become a friend with the royal couple.
Ingvar Kamprad recalls at the program back to how it began. He had been invited by King Carl Gustaf and heard that Queen Silvia did not like the old greeting gesture to kiss a lady on her hand.
- So I was brave and kissed her on both cheeks. And she became so happy, so happy, that it was not true. Then the king looked at me and said, "Kamprad, now you must be careful that I will not to get jealous", he says at the program.
Ingvar Kamprad now helps Queen Silvia to build apartments planned to people sufferering from dementia, close to Silviahemmet near the Drottningholm Palace. The apartments are expected to be ready shortly.
Kamprads plan för Ikea - ger känslosamt löfte till sönerna _ Dina pengar

Last edited:
2 Things.
The Queen has won the Humano-Förderpreis for her work with Child Projects / World Childhood Foundation. While the Queen won't be at the Ceremony to receive it personally (it is the day before Victoria's birthday), the Secretary General of Childhood will accept it on her behalf.

Neue Presse Coburg | Förderpreis für soziales Engagement

Also, the King and Queen will be in Munich 23-25th of July to attend a Charity Concert. The concert is held at the Konzertgesellschaft München (Charity Concert Society) which was co-founded by Princess Birgitta's late husband.
Full report is here:
Königin Silvia und Carl Gustaf: München-Besuch im Juli!

Also, the King and Queen will be in Munich 23-25th of July to attend a Charity Concert. The concert is held at the Konzertgesellschaft München (Charity Concert Society) which was co-founded by Princess Birgitta's late husband.
Full report is here:
Königin Silvia und Carl Gustaf: München-Besuch im Juli!

I have posted info about the king and queen attending the concert here in April:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...nts-february-2016-a-40254-14.html#post1974972

The link has been broken at that website, info about the concert:
BENEFIZ-GALA-JAZZKONZERT
Mit dem schwedischen Königspaar zum Gala-Benefizkonzert

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia went on Wednesday evening to singer Tomas Ledin's show "Skarpt läge" at Cirkus.
Margareta Thorgren confirmed it and said that the royal couple was there totally private.
According to the organizers, Tomas Ledin performed all his hits during the evening.
And afterwards, the king and queen were both satisfied and in a happy mood when they met Expressen's photographer outside Cirkus. On the question if the king and the queen liked the show - Queen Silvia responded quickly:
- It was lovely, awesome!
Kungen och Silvia tittade på Tomas Ledin på Cirkus _ Nöje

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY_lwdIjkPa/?taken-at=99206

Swedish press has previously written that Tomas Ledin is one of queen Silvia's favourite artists.

Tomas Ledin published a photo of the king and queen at his concert in Cirkus.
"Nice visit! Here is the whole ensemble gathered after yesterday's test show, along with some prominent guests, who were in a brilliant good mood. Fun. Premiere on Friday!"
https://www.facebook.com/tomasledin...48494846870/10155135602646871/?type=3&theater

Expressen's article about the photo
Tomas Ledins hemliga möte med Silvia och kungen _ Nöje

Tomas Ledin has been married from 1983 with Marie Ledin. Marie Ledin (daughter of famous Abba manager Stig "Stikkan" Anderson) is the Managing Director of the Polar Music Prize, and Tomas Ledin acts with his wife as host for the royal family at Polar Music Prize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson tells at her blog, that king Carl Gustaf was on a "secret" holiday in Monterosso in Italy last weekend with his friends. Jenny's friend was there too.
One of the reasons for the holiday was to play boules! The king brought his own ball that he played with. He and his friends have their own boules club and they played with a happy mood according to the guys in the village who testified that the king and his friends were very nice.
Italian local media have reported on the royal visit and in a newspaper article you can read that the king and his gang were also taking a boat trip. The king stood in line and waited just like all other passengers, no vip-treatment here.
The king flew back to Sweden on Tuesday with low cost flight on Norwegian.
Kungens hemliga semester med grabbarna _ Hovbloggen

When the interview to Magazine Vi was made, king Carl Gustaf was concerned about the dog Brandie's health.
She suffers from a half-sided facial paralysis and must be sent on computer tomography.
Magazine Vi have done a big interview with King Carl Gustaf. The theme is the forest that is both a professional interest and a place of haven to the king.
In the report by Josefin Olevik and photographer Thron Ullberg, presented on nine pages in the December issue of Vi, the king also talks about his dear dog Brandie, a Bavarian Mountain Scenthound, which is with him at the interview.
The master and his dog are almost inseparable.
It is obvious that the king communicates with his dog in a special way, as she suffers from a mystery's disorder. It is important to wake on the right side.
- She is defective, you understand, says the king to Vi, explaining that Brandie has a half-sided facial paralysis. However, the dog does not suffer from it, but the king is very concerned, and time is booked for computer tomography, a layer X-ray.
The king now hopes that Brandie will be fine and that the vet will make good decisions.
- I hope it's not dangerous. Unless otherwise, we can try to give her botox, says the king with a laugh to Vi.
Now the director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren, says to Expressen that everything has gone well.
- Brandie is fine, I can notify, but by the way, I have no comments more than that the royal family are big animal lovers and have had many dogs.
Kungen orolig för sin sjuka hund Brandie _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
A really beautiful photo of Queen Silva, one of the best photos ever. She is really a gorgeous lady and always so serene.

It's great photo of Queen Silvia - taken at "Silviahemmet"!
But it's really taken 15.10.2014?

Expressen tells that king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia celebrate New Year in Japan, they will be there about two weeks. Margareta Thorgren said that the members of the royal family are back at work on 8th January.
https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/kungligt/kungens-ovantade-nyar-firar-i-japan/

Japan is a uncommon choice for European to enjoy their New Year! But so many places are closed during New Year, I hope it doesn't affect them to enjoy their holiday, anyway I think celebrating Japanese New Year is an interesting experience:flowers:.

Svensk Damtidning tells that the king and queen's holiday in Japan was a skiing trip.
- That's right. They have been in Japan and went skiing privately together with some friends, said Margareta Thorgren.
Japan may otherwise sound like an unexpected ski paradise, but actually has more ski resorts than any other country - more than 700.
Which of them was the one the king and the queen chose?
- Unfortunately, I can not tell that, said Margareta Thorgren.
- But I can say that it was very remote.
Vi avslöjar! Så var kungaparets privata semesterresa _ Svensk Damtidning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom