General News about King Carl Gustaf & Queen Silvia 1: February 2016 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy wedding anniversary to King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia. :twohearts:

I'd forgotten that Victoria and Daniel's wedding anniversary was the same as theirs, it's understandable why they weren't at the celebrations in Öland.
Still, it seems that Garl Gustaf and Silvia had a nice time celebrating.

Due to their 40th wedding anniversary the king and queen have given an interview to Kungliga magasinet and posed at princess Sibylla's apartment, like living again their engagement day.
https://www.facebook.com/KungligaMa...296853820844/1029874550463066/?type=3&theater
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG9finkiTMM/?taken-by=royal_roger

They have given an interview to Dagens Nyheter too, it will be published tomorrow. The king and queen speak to Åsa Beckman from Dagens Nyheter's Saturday Magazine about refugee children, their children, grandchildren, and life as a couple in the public eye.
Video from Dagens Nyheter Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/dn.se/videos/vb.321961491679/10153618199356680/?type=2&theater
Photo
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG9JCJECp4J/?taken-by=paul_hansen64

The king's own company Bensor AB accounts million loss
The company suffered a million loss for the past year. But the café and restaurant operations at Solliden Palace seems to have had a positive Estelle effect.
- We expect a loss, but we want to have small deficits, says Jan Lindman, Treasurer of the court.
The annual report for the King's company Bensor AB was completed in last days. The financial figures could have been more cheerful for the king.
Bensor AB, which is 100 percent owned by the king, has been around for eleven years. On nine years the royal company has reported a loss.
The company's net loss for 2015 was 1,476,298 SEK, compared with 774 860 SEK, which was the loss in 2014.
The king's summer residence Solliden Palace and Stenhammar Castle management in Sörmland are included as a subsidiary to Bensor AB.
The comfort of the King: Solliden with its café and restaurant business is doing better than the year before. The loss was modest 84,000 SEK compared with 1.2 million in 2014.
- Restaurant Operations at Solliden were previously in a company called Sollidenpaviljongen AB, while the business park was the parent company Bensor AB, says Jan Lindman.
The two businesses are now merged to Sollidens Slott AB.
- Sollidens Slott AB now gives a pretty good overall picture of the business
Farming Operations at Stenhammar Castle pulled more than 200 000 in losses.
- We still invest a lot in Stenhammar, says Lindman.
Kungens eget bolag redovisar miljonförlust i Bensor AB _ Dina Pengar
Translation

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Silvia to Expressen about their wedding anniversary
The queen reveals that she was thoroughly tricked by her husband the king on their big day:
- Yes, it was. It was a big surprise. Something I had not counted on. It was to start with very, very nice. It was just the family that was gathered.
- It was me and the king, little prince Alexander with mother princess Sofia and father prince Carl Philip and of course crown princess Victoria with family and the two little ones, the Queen says. Even princess Christina and her family.
Those missing were princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill and kids Princess Leonore and Prince Nicolas.
What did you do on your wedding day?
- It was a small surprise by the king. I will not go into more detail now. But it was wonderful.
Oops, exciting. Tell!
- Should I? Well, I can do that. It was surprising in every way.
The king managed to fool his wife. He asked Silvia appear at a special time outside Solliden Palace. When the queen stood there and waited for the king came with a tractor and a loading platform.
- I climbed up to the platform and then we drove to Alvaret, the queen tells.
Alvaret surrounding Solliden Palace is the royal family's oasis where they take walks or workout to relax. The king had been up at Alvaret in the morning several times as his jeep to make sure that the surprise was ready for the Queen.
- The king had made a surprise to Alvaret.
What it was? A picnic with goodies?
- Perhaps, the Queen says, smiling again.
Some parts of her wedding day, she wants to keep for herself and the king. But it was like the Queen herself says:
- A big surprise and a memorable day.
Så lurade kung Carl Gustaf drottning Silvia på bröllopsdagen _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

So Victoria, Daniel and the children were in Solliden during the weekend. And Sofia and Alexander and obviously Carl Philip came as soon as he could from Anderstorp.

And here is the long interview at Dagens Nyheter, with gorgeous photos by photographer Paul Hansen.
They speak about how they couldn't be home when the children were small and the king says:
- Afterwards, we have understood that the kids thought it was sad that we had to leave them as often as we did. We didn't thought that at the time. Well, you thought about it but we were stuck in the program and it was hard to break it. I have not counted, but I think Victoria is more at home than we were.
- She is on maternity leave, and we weren't at the time, says the Queen.
They speak also about how they let the media take photos of the family at Christmases or Easters. The media respected that and did not follow the children when they, for example, went to school. So they were quite protected and could move freely, it was very nice. But with social media, of course, it has changed enormously. Everyone has an iPhone, everyone is a paparazzi.
The king says that their children have always done as they wanted, they have strong wills.
- I know the Swedish people love to see little Estelle. And she's adorable and funny and alert - and the parents put out photos of her. But they always do it in a protected manner, always the same photographer. She can handle it well. All children might not make it, but she does. That is so personal.
And they talk about their work, and a lot of the refugee children. And 7 children have made questions to them. And the queen has also Estelle at her phone.
Kungen och drottningen i intervju med Dagens Nyheter
Translation

And according to it's cover, also Svensk Damtidning has an interview
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/SvenskDamtidning.jpg

That you LadyFinn! I had just finished admiring the photos and was about to translate the interview when I read your post! It's a lovely interview and I hope to see other magazine covers as well!

King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia have been spending some days at their Villa Mirage in St. Maxime before their trip to Aachen, Germany.
Bildextra! Här semestrar kungaparet på Rivieran _ Svensk Damtidning
Ruotsin kuningaspari lomaili Rivieralla – Kaarle Kustaa paistatteli ilman paitaa, Silvia rentona lippis päässä - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat
Kaarle Kustaa ja Silvia veneilemässä Rivieralla - kuningas nautti auringosta ilman paitaa

Gallery, Queen Silvia, king Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden boating in Saint tropez, France on july 10, 2016
IBL Bildbyrå

Last edited:
A reissue of portrait stamps with King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia in new colors and in the value of the new abroad postage 13 SEK has been released on 25th August. Already before the premiere of portrait stamps in January 2015 the colors were chosen for future releases. The inspiration was taken from the first series of stamps featuring Carl XVI Gustaf which was introduced in 1974 and was published in various colors for several years.
Instagramprofilens bilder blir frimärken - PostNord

Svensk Damtidning writes about the King's herniation, that he hurt his back already at his fishing trip in Norway in the beginning of August. King Harald and his entourage were with the king and Gustaf Magnuson was with them too. The king was training his new two hands fishing technique. He was fishing for eight hours and although he is physically fit, he got pain in his back.

The photos are nice; I didn't expect them so "cozy".... But it seems that I have to wait for the interview to be out...

She is the queen with the cutest smile.

Sweden can be proud on her queen. Of course, we Germans are also proud on "our" Queen Silvia.

Lovely portrait of a lovely queen :flowers: Hope she us enjoying her day with her kids and grandkids.

That's a beautiful photo of Silvia - she's one of my favourite European monarchs. I hope she had a wonderful birthday!

Queen Silvia was taken to the Karolinska University Hospital in Solna after suffering from dizziness.
According to the court, she is still in the hospital for observation.

Queen Silvia, who celebrated her 73th birthday yesterday was taken to Karolinska University Hospital late last night.
According to the director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren the Queen has had a cold for a time and suffered from dizziness.
"The court confirms that the Queen was taken to hospital late last night. The Queen has had a cold for a time and suffered during Friday evening of dizziness. Queen Silvia is still in hospital for observation and tests are taken. She is doing well under the circumstances", writes Thorgren in an email to Expressen.
The incident occurred in connection with a concert yesterday.
Princess Madeleine followed the queen to the hospital and stayed there all night.
Drottning Silvia har förts till sjukhus _ Kungligt _ Expressen

The same text is at a press release at the court website.
Med anledning av att Drottningen är på sjukhus - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
Hope she gets better soon, lovely that Madeleine stayed with her.

Not a great chistmas season for some of the royals! I hope Silvia get well soon, hopefully it's nothing too severe...

Margareta Thorgren said to TT News Agency in the afternoon:
- Right now the latest report from the doctor is that the queen is feeling well, but as a precaution she stays at the hospital.
At two o'clock on Saturday afternoon, the Queen is still at Karolinska University Hospital and the court does not know how long she will remain.
All in the royal family are informed and part of the family has been gathered.
Drottning Silvia förd till sjukhus _ SVT Nyheter

Margareta Thorgren has told that the queen will stay in the hospital overnight. The notice about when she can go home is not expected until tomorrow (Christmas Day).
The royal family announced through the court that they celebrate Christmas as usual, and wait that the queen comes home.
- There have been family members visiting. Now the family celebrates Christmas in these circumstances. It is a private celebration and nothing that the court will inform, says Thorgren.
Drottning Silvia har förts till sjukhus _ Aftonbladet

Glad to hear she is feeling well, hopefully she'll be well enough to leave the hospital soon..

Get well soon Your Majesty!

Unfortunate that the queen is ill and in the hospital still. I am sure she was looking forward yo the holiday with her grandkids, including two new ones. Seems a year for illness, Alexander was said to be sink a few days ago. Hopefully she is soon on the mend and on her way home. :flowers:

Wishing Her Majesty a speedy recovery no one wants to spend Christmas in hospital.

Aftonbladet this morning:
Queen Silvia is still at the Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm. The court is very secretive about her health.
- I have no new information, said Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department.
It was in connection with the celebration of her birthday on Friday evening as Queen Silvia suffered from dizziness. She was taken to the Karolinska University Hospital, in the company of Princess Madeleine.
- The fact that she had a cold for a long time and suffered from dizziness was judged that she would be taken to hospital. The Queen is feeling well under the circumstances, said Thorgren to Aftonbladet then.
In the morning of Christmas Day the queen is still at the hospital.
How the situation has changed in the night?
- I have no new information. When I have new information, I will return to the matter, said Thorgren.
When Aftonbladet tries to ask more questions Thorgren repeats only that she has nothing more to tell, then she hangs up hastily.
According to information provided to Aftonbladet King Carl Gustaf is very concerned that no details of how the Queen feels comes out.
Hovet lägger locket på om drottning Silvias hälsa _ Aftonbladet

Press release from the court website

The Queen has left Danderyd hospital and is back home at Drottningholm Palace.
The Queen has recovered and is feeling well under the circumstances.
Drottningen åter hemma - Sveriges Kungahus

First it was told that she was taken to Karolinska University Hospital and now the court writes about Danderyd hospital. So obviously Expressen had wrong information when they at first wrote that the queen was taken to Karolinska. Now SVT quotes the news from TT News Agency:
"Correction
In an earlier version of this article was written that the queen was treated at Karolinska Hospital. According to the court, it was Danderyd Hospital where the queen was."
Drottning Silvia på sjukhus _ SVT Nyheter

Glad to know she is at home..

Let's hope it was just a midl dizziness and nothing more serious!

The german magazines will have a field day next week. The SRF with her german Queen is most popular here.

They often write about Silvia looking old and absent, last time at the Nobels, where she actually looked old and absent, speculating about her suffering from Alzheimer's, like her mother. The 'dizzy' event will only add to that.

Well time wil tell... If there is a significant change in the queen's number of public engagements in the new year it may be a sign of something more. Otherwise there is no reason to believe its not just a slight case of illness that everyone has from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom