The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-15-2016, 05:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia told to Svensk Damtidning at her work event at Silviahemmet today, that she and the king are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in Öland. According to the court it is a celebration for the closest family, but Madeleine told in Gotland to Svensk Damtidning that they are not in Sweden next weekend.
- I'm hoping for a surprise, said queen Silvia.
Vi avslöjar! Så ska kungaparet fira bröllopsdagen _ Svensk Damtidning

The king and queen have both work events on next Tuesday, but according to the calendar the summer holiday starts for the others after the Polar Music Prize on Thursday.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:07 AM
Serene Highness

Probably they will be together in Öland and celebrate together.

The children are on holiday, so I don know what the court means with closest family (probably some sisters of the King and brothers of the Queen)

Old 06-15-2016, 08:08 AM
Majesty

I don't think they all are on holiday, only Madeleine's family seems to be back in London.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I don't think they all are on holiday, only Madeleine's family seems to be back in London.
No, of course they are not on holiday, we can see that from the calendar.
The king, queen, Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip and Sofia attend at the Polar Music Prize on Thursday. That is a work event. And like I wrote, after Thursday it seems according to the calendar that only the king and queen have work events next Tuesday. Queen Silvia has a work event on 12th July and nothing for the others until the whole family attends at Victoriadagen-concert.

Queen Silvia said that she hopes for a suprise, meaning that she hopes that Madeleine and family would arrive to Öland on next weekend although Madeleine said to Svensk Damtidning that they will not be in Sweden then. Svensk Damtidning wrote last week that Madeleine was still in Stockholm on her birthday 10th June, so perhaps the family went back to London last weekend.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
No, of course they are not on holiday, we can see that from the calendar.
The king, queen, Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip and Sofia attend at the Polar Music Prize on Thursday. That is a work event. And like I wrote, after Thursday it seems according to the calendar that only the king and queen have work events next Tuesday. Queen Silvia has a work event on 12th July and nothing for the others until the whole family attends at Victoriadagen-concert.

Queen Silvia said that she hopes for a suprise, meaning that she hopes that Madeleine and family would arrive to Öland on next weekend although Madeleine said to Svensk Damtidning that they will not be in Sweden then. Svensk Damtidning wrote last week that Madeleine was still in Stockholm on her birthday 10th June, so perhaps the family went back to London last weekend.

Thank you for your detailed report ;-). I think the whole family will starting slowing with the agenda in july...

I hope Madeleine will call her parents or willl surprise Silvia in any way. But that's a personal matter, so they will have to deal it whithin the family.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:41 PM
Courtier

The King and Queen will attend the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro between 16-21 August.

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 06-16-2016, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The King and Queen will attend the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro between 16-21 August.

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus
I thought they would go. They love sports, it's in Brazil..
Old 06-17-2016, 02:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Board of the Foundation Royal Wedding Fund (The king's and queen's wedding foundation) has decided at a meeting at the Royal Palace on Thursday, May 26, 2016 decided to award grants totaling 703 000 SEK.
Utdelning 2016 Stiftelsen Kungaparets Bröllopsfond - Sveriges Kungahus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Thank you for your detailed report ;-). I think the whole family will starting slowing with the agenda in july...
The royal family usually starts their holiday from midsummer in June at the latest, some members even week before that, so they do the same thing this year too.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Johan T Lindwall was with the king and queen in Bhutan and in the end of the visit he spoke with the king and queen about their 40th wedding anniversary, video of the interview at the article:

The king begins with a funny nod to his wife:
- Is it 40 years? Congratulations, he says to his wife, laughing.
The queen says:
- It is initially difficult to summarize 40 years. It feels much shorter. Very, very short. When I look at my children and grandchildren all, I understand that there have been many, many years. Also very intense years.
King Carl Gustaf:
- Just take a situation as today. We stand here today in Bhutan in a small village, it is a little fascinating, I think. During these years, we have made most trips together and represented Sweden, both at home and abroad. In many parts of the world and it's part of the whole.
The King points out that he and Silvia have a unique benefit that many others do not have:
- We work together after all and it is not everyone who has the ability to do it. The fact that in this way we will be very close to each other and have time to discuss in the cars to and from the various visit places about the things you have been through and experienced, or people you've met. Compare how you perceive things, discuss and meet people, is a support for each other. We may have some different views, it is double impression, it is good, then you can compare.
The queen interrupts:
- It seems that this has become a 40-year honeymoon?
- Well, says the King and squirms. Not really?
Then he says with his sometimes a bit special humor:
- A honeymoon with you all, it had probably been fantastic, he says referring to all the others with them, including the small Swedish media group that has followed the state visit.
The King seems very proud of the Queen?
- Yes, yes. I think she has done well during all these years.
Silvia who stands next puts her hand on her Carl XVI Gustaf and says:
- I have to say. I'm very proud to have such a nice man!
Kungen och Silvia om 40-åriga bröllopsdagen _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation
Old 06-18-2016, 08:14 AM
Majesty

I wish this couplle well, and although they are not affectionate or fans od public display of affection in public, I hope they ahve solved and worked out all the troubles.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

The royal court has put a link to the video of the highlights of the king and queen's wedding to their Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset

And a photo to court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG00r45v...-by=kungahuset

Svensk Damtidning has an article about queen Silvia - what she has said about herself, what her family members, friends and other people have said about her.
Väninnorna, hovdamen och kungen avslöjar_ Så är Silvia privat _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 06-19-2016, 10:51 AM
Serene Highness

No children on the King and Queen's 40th anniversary at Öland
Crownprincess Victoria and Prince Daniel and family were not at Öland this weekend.
Prince Carl Philip was racing in Anderstorp this weekend
Princess Madeleine and mr. Chris O'Neill and family were in London this weekend
Old 06-19-2016, 11:39 AM
Majesty

Happy 40th anniversary to the couple

Not surprised Victoria and Daniel aren't there to celebrate, likely celebrating their own anniversary with their kids. One down side with sharing an anniversary with your parents.

I am sure the whole family may celebrate later during their summer holidays when all together
Old 06-19-2016, 05:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen has a short video from today. The king left Solliden courtyard with a Jeep and his dog. Later the king and queen were walking at Alvaret with Tord Magnuson and two bodyguards. The king picked up a flower and gave it to the queen. Margareta Thorgren said to Expressen that the royal couple has decided to celebrate very privately. Those invited are friends, family and relatives. The king and queen have celebrated today with the people closest to them.
The king and queen have been out at Alvaret picking flowers?
- The king and queen have had some activities today. That may have been one of them, said Thorgren.
Kungens fina kärleksgest till drottning Silvia _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Old 06-19-2016, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Happy wedding anniversary to King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia.

I'd forgotten that Victoria and Daniel's wedding anniversary was the same as theirs, it's understandable why they weren't at the celebrations in Öland.
Still, it seems that Garl Gustaf and Silvia had a nice time celebrating.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-22-2016, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Due to their 40th wedding anniversary the king and queen have given an interview to Kungliga magasinet and posed at princess Sibylla's apartment, like living again their engagement day.
https://www.facebook.com/KungligaMag...type=3&theater
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG9finki...by=royal_roger

They have given an interview to Dagens Nyheter too, it will be published tomorrow. The king and queen speak to Åsa Beckman from Dagens Nyheter's Saturday Magazine about refugee children, their children, grandchildren, and life as a couple in the public eye.
Video from Dagens Nyheter Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/dn.se/video...type=2&theater
Photo
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG9JCJEC...=paul_hansen64
Old 06-22-2016, 02:28 PM
Commoner

Does anyone know where you Can buy kungliga magasinet online? I HAVE TO read that!
Old 06-22-2016, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

The king's own company Bensor AB accounts million loss
The company suffered a million loss for the past year. But the café and restaurant operations at Solliden Palace seems to have had a positive Estelle effect.
- We expect a loss, but we want to have small deficits, says Jan Lindman, Treasurer of the court.
The annual report for the King's company Bensor AB was completed in last days. The financial figures could have been more cheerful for the king.
Bensor AB, which is 100 percent owned by the king, has been around for eleven years. On nine years the royal company has reported a loss.
The company's net loss for 2015 was 1,476,298 SEK, compared with 774 860 SEK, which was the loss in 2014.
The king's summer residence Solliden Palace and Stenhammar Castle management in Sörmland are included as a subsidiary to Bensor AB.
The comfort of the King: Solliden with its café and restaurant business is doing better than the year before. The loss was modest 84,000 SEK compared with 1.2 million in 2014.
- Restaurant Operations at Solliden were previously in a company called Sollidenpaviljongen AB, while the business park was the parent company Bensor AB, says Jan Lindman.
The two businesses are now merged to Sollidens Slott AB.
- Sollidens Slott AB now gives a pretty good overall picture of the business
Farming Operations at Stenhammar Castle pulled more than 200 000 in losses.
- We still invest a lot in Stenhammar, says Lindman.
Kungens eget bolag redovisar miljonförlust i Bensor AB _ Dina Pengar
Translation
Old 06-23-2016, 12:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia to Expressen about their wedding anniversary
The queen reveals that she was thoroughly tricked by her husband the king on their big day:
- Yes, it was. It was a big surprise. Something I had not counted on. It was to start with very, very nice. It was just the family that was gathered.
- It was me and the king, little prince Alexander with mother princess Sofia and father prince Carl Philip and of course crown princess Victoria with family and the two little ones, the Queen says. Even princess Christina and her family.
Those missing were princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill and kids Princess Leonore and Prince Nicolas.
What did you do on your wedding day?
- It was a small surprise by the king. I will not go into more detail now. But it was wonderful.
Oops, exciting. Tell!
- Should I? Well, I can do that. It was surprising in every way.
The king managed to fool his wife. He asked Silvia appear at a special time outside Solliden Palace. When the queen stood there and waited for the king came with a tractor and a loading platform.
- I climbed up to the platform and then we drove to Alvaret, the queen tells.
Alvaret surrounding Solliden Palace is the royal family's oasis where they take walks or workout to relax. The king had been up at Alvaret in the morning several times as his jeep to make sure that the surprise was ready for the Queen.
- The king had made a surprise to Alvaret.
What it was? A picnic with goodies?
- Perhaps, the Queen says, smiling again.
Some parts of her wedding day, she wants to keep for herself and the king. But it was like the Queen herself says:
- A big surprise and a memorable day.
Så lurade kung Carl Gustaf drottning Silvia på bröllopsdagen _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

So Victoria, Daniel and the children were in Solliden during the weekend. And Sofia and Alexander and obviously Carl Philip came as soon as he could from Anderstorp.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

And here is the long interview at Dagens Nyheter, with gorgeous photos by photographer Paul Hansen.
They speak about how they couldn't be home when the children were small and the king says:
- Afterwards, we have understood that the kids thought it was sad that we had to leave them as often as we did. We didn't thought that at the time. Well, you thought about it but we were stuck in the program and it was hard to break it. I have not counted, but I think Victoria is more at home than we were.
- She is on maternity leave, and we weren't at the time, says the Queen.
They speak also about how they let the media take photos of the family at Christmases or Easters. The media respected that and did not follow the children when they, for example, went to school. So they were quite protected and could move freely, it was very nice. But with social media, of course, it has changed enormously. Everyone has an iPhone, everyone is a paparazzi.
The king says that their children have always done as they wanted, they have strong wills.
- I know the Swedish people love to see little Estelle. And she's adorable and funny and alert - and the parents put out photos of her. But they always do it in a protected manner, always the same photographer. She can handle it well. All children might not make it, but she does. That is so personal.
And they talk about their work, and a lot of the refugee children. And 7 children have made questions to them. And the queen has also Estelle at her phone.
Kungen och drottningen i intervju med Dagens Nyheter
Translation

And according to it's cover, also Svensk Damtidning has an interview
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...Damtidning.jpg