King Carl XVI Gustaf's 60th Birthday Celebrations: April 28-30, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The most beautiful ladies for me:

1. GD Maria Teresa
2. CP Mary
3. CP Maxima

P.S. JessRulz, I agree with you. That person, witch gave that dress to Mette-Marit, should be really shot. She is beautiful, but I hate that dress!

Last edited:
The most beautiful ladies for me:

1. CP Mary

2. CP Maxima

Amen

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks so much for the photos, I really enjoyed seeing all of it. Everyone is dressed their best with their best smiles. But my favourite for the evening is Queen Sofia of Spain, she looks so feminine, I love her Valentino couture gown, it makes her look young and radiant :) It's disappointing that we didn't have a glimpse of the Swedish princesses :(

Both Princess Mary & Mette dresses doesn't do them any justice, its just horrible in my view. I love Maxima, Rosario and Maria Teressa' gown.

PS. is it me or Princess Maxima smoking habit is showing in her face? For a 34yrs old, she looks like a woman in her late 40s.

Very nice picture, but where is Sweden royal family? any pics for them?

Gillian said:
Very nice picture, but where is Sweden royal family? any pics for them?

There are no pictures of them tonight unfortunately. King Carl Gustaf wanted this celebration to be private, just the royal family and his honored guests. But we will see them tomorrow, all in their gala wear! :)

Last edited:
omg....look at Daniel's glasses......it makes him look like he's in the 40's or 50's and it also make him look weird!!!!

Jonas is very handsome!!!! :)

I think Maxima and Marie Chantel's looks great!! The engagement dress on Mary, I think it looks weird this time, it sort of look different from the frist time she wore it, but I like her hair!

Mette-Marit's dress was horrid as was Maxim'a...Absolutely horrid!

All I can say is thank goodness they are both beautiful women!

Mary's hair was stunning & so very, very flattering. I'm not a big fan of her engagement gown however.

"MII"

I´m dissapointed that we haven´t seen any foto of the Swedish RF, I mean they could atleast had one pic taken of them, and where is the paparazzis when you need them ;) Anyway looking forward to this day and can´t wait for the celebration to begin!

Hmmm, I agree with everyone on Mette-Marit's dress. She can look so good, so why does she insist on wearing something frumpy. Why not re-wear the Valentino gown from the baptism in Greece - she looked gorgeous in that - instead? The black sleeves on this dress should've been ripped off, by someone.

Apprantly Carl Philip, Madeleine and Victoria had arranged a show for their father, here is a papparazzi pic of that, and one of the Kings sister Cristina
expressen
edit to add two more from aftonbladet

Attachments

• 131d3d23.jpg
    131d3d23.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 725
  • 31891498.jpg
    31891498.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 317
  • NYHETER-30s14-kungen-183_438.jpg
    NYHETER-30s14-kungen-183_438.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 454
  • NYHETER-30s14-skal-351_438.jpg
    NYHETER-30s14-skal-351_438.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 436
selminha said:
Mathilde??????????

The belgian Royals and Queen Beatrix will be there on Sunday but they where not there on Saturdays Party.

CP Maxima; she has worn better dresses; in my vieuw this brown dress do'snt do anything for here. Red is better!!

beautiful pictures from all the royalty's but i have not seen the family of sweden, nice that the emma and jonas came together.

I absolutely adore Queen Sofia and Queen Sonia. They looked marvellous!
Mary's hairdo was beautiful, but I'm not very found of the dress.
Maxima's gown was ok. Not her best, but very nice.
I also liked Marie Chantal (pity we couldn't see the top of the dress) and Rosario Nadal of Bulgaria (she is always sooo elegant!:))
The worst dress was absolutely Mette-Marit's.:(

The Te Deum in the Palace Church was wonderful!

Many royals in the pews, and before the arrival of the Royal Family, the new fanfare for the King, which was a gift from the Royal Guards, was played, and then they entered to organ music. Queen Silvia wore a great red suit and hat, but Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine re-used older clothes.

The hymn of praise "Te Deum - O, God, we praise you" was sung, and all of the music during the service was by Mozart and Kraus. The sermon by the Chief Court Chaplain was also wonderful, I hope they'll publish it on the website later.

Who is this couple please? http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=241322&d=1146387439

I think it's a great shame Mathilde & Philippe weren't present, they had an engagement in Brussels, but maybe they could have followed WA & Maxima's example?

For me Emma Pernald, grandduchess Maria Teresia, princess Maxima and princess Mary looked the best, absolutely wonderful, the way a princess ought to look.

Shame on you Mette Marit, that's all I can say ;)

Swedish flags fly outside the Stockholm Royal Palace and the balcony on which H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf will later make an appearance to celebrate his 60th Birthday on April 30, 2006 in Stockholm, Sweden

from getty

Attachments

• 57496633.jpg
    57496633.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 57496637.jpg
    57496637.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 263
The royal family at the church and on the balcony

from svt

Last edited:
The Defence's tribute on the Outer Courtyard is now in progress. There was just a march past by 500 soldiers, a very impressive sight! The King and Prince Carl Philip are on the ground on the podiums, as per tradition, to receive the tributes, and the royal ladies of the Royal Family are in the small balcony above.

The royal guests are standing in the windows looking down from the Apartments of the Orders of Chivalry, King Juan Carlos seemed very intrested - he stood close to the windows, almost leaning a bit forward to the window to get a better view :D

OMG! The Princess Reuss was there! I'm so happy to see Anni_frid Lyngstad! :)
Are there more pictures of her?

I found one (ANP) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Margaretha and Princess Christina of Sweden

from imagine

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 353
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 334
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 287
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 360
King Carl Gustaf of Sweden, with Prince Carl Philip, is honoured by the Royal Life Guard at a ceremony at the courtyard of the Royal palace in Stockholm, 30 April 2006

from getty

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 324
From the Defence's tribute on the Outer Courtyard at the Royal Palace of Stockholm, which was just held. Pictures by Scanpix from Dagens Nyheter, Expressen and SVT.

Attachments

• DN1.gif
    DN1.gif
    40.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Expressen1.jpg
    Expressen1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 364
  • SVT1.jpg
    SVT1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 339
GrandDuchess said:
That's the President of Iceland, Olafur Ragnar Grimsson, and his wife, Dorrit Moussaieff

Thank you :) a stylish couple!

Soon it's time for the King to step out on the large balcony of the Royal Palace, at Lejonbacken, were he will receive tributes from the huge crowd that has gathered on the streets, and a musical tribute.

After this, it's time for a Royal Cortège to the City Hall were the Parliament will host a lunch at 2 PM CET.

Back
Top Bottom