The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Apr 25, 2006
Stockholm, SWEDEN
KING CARL XVI GUSTAF and QUEEN SILVIA of Sweden during a press conference at the royal palace. The king, born April 30, 1946 celebrates his 60th birthday on Sunday.
more from cover :

Old 04-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Watermark free pictures from the birthday reception at the Royal Palace this morning, all pictures are from Scanpix by Expressen (in one of the pics one can see the Italian bust of the King that he received).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Expressen1.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	240838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Expressen10.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	240839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Expressen12.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	240840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Expressen13.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	240841  

Name:	Expressen2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	240842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Expressen3.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	240843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Expressen4.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	240844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Expressen5.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	240845  

Name:	Expressen6.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	240846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Expressen7.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	240847  

Old 04-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Some of King Carl XVI Gustaf’s birthday gifts during the first birthday reception for organisations etc at the Royal Palace of Stockholm

- From the people of Sweden, via the Parliament and Government, delivered by the Prime Minister and Speaker of the Parliament – a portrait of the King by Olle Hamngren. The portrait will be included in The Swedish National Portrait Collection, and hung at Gripsholm Castle.

- From the County Governors of Sweden - a conference on water quality (one of the King’s interest areas) for 2007 in Kalmar County

- From the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin, delivered by H.E. The Ambassador of Russia to Sweden - a personal greeting

- From the Swedish Police and Security Police (Säpo) – a GPS (Princess Madeleine’s comment on the gift was: “Mother, it will take your job as a map reader now”)

- From Sveaskog (Sweden’s largest forest owner, state owned), an excursion/field trip in the landscape/province of Småland, a book about the cultural heritage of the forests, a contribution to the King’s fund Young Leadership

- From the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, a seminar about the future of the Defence

- From The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, a symposium connected to the Baltic Sea

- From The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, a seminar about the “environment friendly” cars of the future

- From The Swedish Local Heritage Federation, cheesecake and strawberry jam from Småland

- From the companies Atlas Copco, Electrolux, Ericsson, SCA, Skanska, SSAB and Volvo, a marble bust of the King made by Italian artist Giovanni Poletti

- From the Swedish Academy of Gastronomy, a 34 year old book with recipies from the royal houses of the world

The last two of the watermark free pictures from the birthday reception at the Royal Palace this morning, from Scanpix by Expressen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Expressen8.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	240848   Click image for larger version

Name:	Expressen9.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	240849  
Old 04-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Finally! New photos of the siblings! They look happy :)

Yes Madeleine looks very tanned, but she was in Brazil just a few weeks aago and I´m sure she worked on her tan then :) Not sure about her dress... not a hit if you ask me... And doesnt it look like she gained wheight?
oh boy, that was alot of opinions lol
Yes, she definetly gained weight. I think that CP Victoria looks slimmer than her sister at those pictures...
Old 04-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Courtier

I like the Queen's outfit and the princesss' outifts. Princess Madeleine hair has grown a lot since we last saw her. Both princesss' look tanned and healthy.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The ladies are looking great, but I just think Victoria looks gorgeous! Really nice this hairstyle. And Emma Pernald is such a lucky girl, I hope she realises that

Anyway, I read here that ZDF will broadcast something, but the post didn't say what day and time (or what event) Does anybody know? Does any other german channel show the event (ARD perhaps)?
Old 04-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Anyway, I read here that ZDF will broadcast something, but the post didn't say what day and time (or what event) Does anybody know? Does any other german channel show the event (ARD perhaps)?

Yes, there will be something on ARD on Sunday, 15.30 p.m
And ZDF shows a concert for the king at 11 a.m.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Royal Highness

Madeleine looks lovely. I really think the lighting is doing something weird because in some pictures she looks really tan and in others she looks pretty much normal. I think she has gained weight but I don't care. Her outfit was okay, not her best, not her worst. It's just great to see her back happy and healthy. Victoria and Carl Philip look great as usual. Why did Victoria and Queen Siliva change but not Madeleine?

The King looks really happy! :)
Old 04-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
I wonder if the King of Sweden will give Maxima and Mary the order of the Plar Star as they should be the only member of a reigening family invited without a swedish order. If I remember correctly King Harald has given orders on some special day in the past to other royals (ie not state visit). They surly wont get the Seraphim as Mathilde and Mette-Marit has gotten the Order of the Polar Star. I think all the heirs comming already have the Seraphim (not sure about Willem ALexander)?

Is the Seraphim a higher order and that's what only heirs to the throne receive? Do "new" royal persons always receive an order from a sovereign country's head of state when they visit for the first time?
Old 04-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I find it interesting that they sent Sophie & Edward to Monaco for Prince Albert's enthronement celebrations, but not to Sweden for the King's celebrations.

I wonder when the royals will arrive... maybe not until Sunday for the gala.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat
Is the Seraphim a higher order and that's what only heirs to the throne receive? Do "new" royal persons always receive an order from a sovereign country's head of state when they visit for the first time?
HRH the Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth received the Order of St Olav off HM the King Harald during the Bi-Centenial visit to Denmark last year.

"MII"
Old 04-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Aristocracy

This suit with the stripes on Madeleine is not her best showing... I don;t believe she gained a whole lot of weight, but this suit does not photograph well.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Gentry

Loving Vic's Hair

This has been mentioned a couple of times but I have to say CP Victoria's hair looks awesome! It is nice to see her do something else than just putting it up into a ponytail.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Nobility

Madeleines tan is begining to scare me. She's starting to look red instead of tanned, hopefully it's just the lighting and also I loved her comment about the GPS.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Nobility

Is it just me or are CP Victoria and P Madeleine's shoes they same? They all look so happy it's nice to see that.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lise
Madeleines tan is begining to scare me. She's starting to look red instead of tanned, hopefully it's just the lighting and also I loved her comment about the GPS.
What did she say? :)
Old 04-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Aristocracy

Are the other Royal Families attending the celebrations, or are they alsoBUSY like the Windsors?:rolleyes
Old 04-29-2006, 01:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Happy Birthday Your Majesty!!!! The Family looks wonderful and happy Both Victoria and Madeleine look so Pretty they deffinately get their looks from there Mother :)
Old 04-29-2006, 02:07 AM
Gentry

The "Tan": It must be the lightning or the flashes. If you look at all the pics - for example the one where Silvia takes something out of a box in purple's first pictures post on p.6 - you see that sometimes everyone the men included have red faces and sometimes white ones.

The clothes: Agree they look good. Madeleine wasn't the only one who didn't change. Her big brother didn't neither.

The GPS comment: It's also on p.6 post 120: "Mom, it will take your job as a map reader now."

The Seraphim: In 1995 the system was changed and now only head of states and future head of states get the Seraphim. So if Maxima and Mary get an order at all it's going to be the Polar Star.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:38 AM
Gentry

German TV broadcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Hi Marengo,
German television channel ZDF will broadcast live tomorrow. From 11.03 a.m. on to 13.40. And on ARD there will be a one hour docu about Carl Gustaf beginning at 15.30.
Hope that helps you!

Tags
ball, birthday, birthday celebration, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, european royalty, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, official birthday, prince carl philip, princess lilian, queen silvia, silvia, princess madeleine