King Carl XVI Gustaf's 60th Birthday Celebrations: April 28-30, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Note.

Attached is a reply note that I received from King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden to my birthday card and letter that I posted to HM on the occasion of HM's 60th birthday.I have made the picture size smaller in order to fit and attach it here.The first picture is the first page of the reply with HM's message and signature and the second picture is the front cover of the letter.

Attachments

• Page 1 Royal Note with the King's Signature.JPG
    Page 1 Royal Note with the King's Signature.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,080
  • The Front Cover.JPG
    The Front Cover.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
Royal court has published the speech Victoria gave in her fathers honor, the text cant be copied, its in english:
http://www.royalcourt.se/kungafamiljen/hkhkronprinsessanvictoria/tal.4.187e1841020141a4c88000215.html?start=20060501-224541395-PM&end=20060601-224541395-PM

I would love to say it was great (esp remembering Silvias great speech at the 50th birthday) but I dont really think it was, especially the part about the Moose was :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunatly to me the text does not sound like Victora but rather like a tall, thin, white haired lady has written it, especially the following statements:

I am sure you feel kinship with the King of the forest - the Moose:lol:
Like him you wear your crown with elegance....and express youself eloquently, even in silence:neutral:

about sports...
their successes gives you outburst of joy - far beyond your royal dignety:wacko:
Well I did like the reference to the fact that he lost his parents so early and that it is an advantage for her that she does

Last edited:
Thank you Larzen for the link! Reading the full speech, I found myself shaking my head as well...
Overall it's unimaginative, impersonal and unfunny. It sounds like some awkward welcome speech by a small-town mayor welcoming the King for a visit and being lost for words, which would be forgiveable - but I don't understand it in the case of the King's own daughter!
Strange that CP Victoria would hold such a dull speech to toast her father's 60th birthday, and stranger still that the RF puts it on the website. No matter who actually wrote it, IMO it just reflects somewhat badly on Victoria who's certainly smarter than this - I hope!
I too remember Queen Silvia's moving speech from 10 years ago and even more so CP Frederik, who gave such an emotional, sincere and intelligent speech on the occasion of his mother's 60th birthday...

Larzen said:
Unfortunatly to me the text does not sound like Victora but rather like a tall, thin, white haired lady has written it, especially the following statements:

Ahh, yes. The great mysterious one.

"Overall it's unimaginative, impersonal and unfunny. It sounds like some awkward welcome speech by a small-town mayor welcoming the King for a visit and being lost for words, which would be forgiveable - but I don't understand it in the case of the King's own daughter!"

Sadly you are right. I don't know what to think. :sad:

If Victoria didn't write that speech.......why didn't she? I mean, it's her father; I'm sure she could have whipped something up in a short period of time.

Now, if she did write it......she went overboard on the magesterial portion of the speech. Sometimes less really is more.

highpriestess said:
Mary looked like a shadow of her former sporty self: deathly pale, washed out, frail and looked old with the pearl choker. Maxima looked vivid and stunning with the gorgeous ruby tiara. She carried the tiara so much better than Mary did with her ruby tiara.

So true. Maybe she wasn't feeling well that night.

I think Mary looked stunning. Tiara, chocker, earrings, ring, evening gown...the whole look worked very, very well IMO.

Boris said:

I too remember Queen Silvia's moving speech from 10 years ago and even more so CP Frederik, who gave such an emotional, sincere and intelligent speech on the occasion of his mother's 60th birthday...

Can anybody tell me where I can find this speech of Queen Silvia?

Can someone tell me, who that person are, their heads are in a red circle?
C:%5CWINDOWS%5CDesktop%5CCarolin%20USB%5CInterna...%5CNiederlande%5CFragezeichenbild%20umrandet.jpg

Attachments

• Fragezeichenbild umrandet.jpg
    Fragezeichenbild umrandet.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 623
Look in post #363 and it will tell you principessa!

In answer to Antje's question (Post # 637) regarding the poem read by Queen Silvia to her husband at the gala banquet on the occasion of his 50th birthday: I wasn't able to find the whole text but re-discovered the following excerpt:
"Count the garden by the flowers -
never by the leaves that fall.
Count the days by golden hours -
don't remember clouds at all.
Count your nights by stars, not shadows.
Count your life with smiles, not tears.
And with joy on every birthday,
Count your age by friends, not years."

Gallery:

Getty

Queen Silvia's orange outfit and green gown was so beautiful. I also loved Victoria and Madeleine's daytime and evening gowns. I thought the best dressed was Mathilde's stunning red gown.

It was very nice celebrations for the King. Wonder how it will be celebrated next year?

why daniel didn't attend i see picture of jonas and emma

Gallery:

Getty

Queen Silvia's orange outfit and green gown was so beautiful. I also loved Victoria and Madeleine's daytime and evening gowns. I thought the best dressed was Mathilde's stunning red gown.

Queen Silvia's green dress was indeed beautiful, but it's strange we haven't seen it again.

Someone can say why Queen Margrethe didn't attend the birthday gala of her cousin? Health problems? Personal problems?

Last edited:
The advantage in going back to such an old topic, is that the answer is most of the time available in the topic itself; see the post below:
According to konghesuet.dk Queen Margrethe II. has got a several cold and will stay at home. Prince Henrik and Crown Princess Mary will go as planned.

Back
Top Bottom