The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2006, 07:27 PM

Thanks so much everyone for posting ths images, gives a royalist from New zealand a bit of a thrill to see such fantastic images.

MY picks:
Big Winners: Maxima's red gown, absolutely stunning.
Big disapointments: Mary's evening wear, she can do much much better. Madeleine pulled that old pink thing out agin... unbelievable.

It was great how that swedish future spouses (Emma, Jonas and Daniel) were included in the festivities, if only the unofficial party.

Oone thing i thought looked odd, was when Mary and Henrik arrived at Drottningholm, he took her arm, she didn;t take his. It should be the other way around, Henrik looked like he was clinging to her.

Thanks again for the posts everyone.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good grief... I've had a hard time getting into this thread all weekend! I just tried posting (a rather lengthy) message twice and it didn't go through. Yes, I know the wonderful Administrators are working on the problems so I'll stop complaining. :)
But I'm only going to post a brief message this time in case it gets lost again.

My top picks for the women who dressed the best for all of the events is:
Princess Victoria
Marie-Theresa of Luxembourg
Queen Anne-Marie of Greece

Bye for now!

Old 05-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Commoner

I thought Pss Maxima and Pss Mary were exquisitely dressed and jewelled. Unlike many,I loved the muted tone of M's dress,a perfect foil for the aquamarines. The vibrant red on Maxima and the RUBIES!!! Somebody who really likes MM needs to take her shopping and introduce her to a stylist. Her husband who has moved in those circles all his life needs to be the first to help her,and definitely not her MIL.Pss Rym was exquisite too.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber26
It seems to me that Victoria and Mari Chantal are wearing the same tiara;
does anyone know something about those two tiara's? (Pictures are from DPA)
Interesting observation Amber26! Is this a tiara that Marie-Chantal has worn before? I wonder if it is part of a set or a replica by way of Queen Ingrid to Marie-Chantal via her mother-in-law Anne Marie?

I'm curious to know more about the very similar tiaras, too.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Interesting observation Amber26! Is this a tiara that Marie-Chantal has worn before? I wonder if it is part of a set or a replica by way of Queen Ingrid to Marie-Chantal via her mother-in-law Anne Marie?

I'm curious to know more about the very similar tiaras, too.
Although they look similar and are both fringe tiara's, they do infact have noticable differences.

Marie Chantal's tiara is spaced out with prongs in between the spikes were as Victorias is nothing but spikes.

"MII"
Old 05-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Courtier

All I have to say is WOW. Rym looked beautiful. I especially loved the dress she was wearing in the last photo. I loved her shoes that she was wearing with the blue skirt and jacket. Too bad the wind was blowing her hair every where because I couldn't really see the style it was in. She looked really good though. Thanks for the photos. Ali and Rym looked really cute together.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wonderful weekend with all the fabulous photos. My heartfelt thanks to everyone that have posted the photos. I will certainly come back to look at them all over again.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:20 AM
Heir Apparent

more pictures without watermark - from dpa :

The Swedish RF at the Luncheon

Old 05-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Heir Apparent

also from the luncheon, from dpa :

the last one are Princess Desiree & Princess Birgitta
Old 05-02-2006, 01:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Maxima & Mette Marit at the luncheon (from dpa)

a couple more from the gala dinner (from dpa)

Old 05-02-2006, 01:42 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Great photos, Purple Platinum!

http://img133.imagevenue.com/img.php...8326_gala1.jpg

Very lucky guy. I see that the (in)famous ponytail was around for lunch. Maxima really sparkled. We can always count on her for some color.Also I guess Mette Marit was going out to practice archery after the lunch. I guess MM no longer stands for Mette-Marit but for Maid Marian!
Old 05-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Heir Apparent

more from dpa

ps. who's the lady on the last pic?
Old 05-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Gentry

What happended to the Spanish royals?
Old 05-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Heir Apparent

thanks for lots pictures of King's birthdays

its really amazings of Royals house include Denmark,Netherlands,Greece,and lots of more to attend of King's birthdays.

but im really like Maxima's red evening dress its really hot mama dress and also ruby tiara

and also CP Mary's daytime looks great with hats of red flowers.

i would agree with posts but Queen Slivia's 80's dress looks so ugly but i dont blame her because she is Queen of Sweden but she need change new outfits like evening and daytime dresses like that.

im really like Sweden Sisters's evening dress and daytime dress looks nice and some recycling clothing from past years.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:56 AM
Gentry

BTW is it just me or did Mary seemed kinda...flusted on the night of the dinner wearing the 'mermaid' dress?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:18 AM
Heir Apparent

a couple more from dpa

The Birthday Boy...

from the Private Dinner at Drottningholm

Old 05-02-2006, 03:26 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks to all for posting the lovely pictures of the birthday celebrations.
The royal family looks happy and beautiful.

But it is pitty for us to see no pictures of the swedish royal couple from the private Gala at Drottningholm-castle!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 03:28 AM
Commoner

Thank you all for posting all those wonderful pictures.

I have to say that

Vikotria and Maxima looked the best very radiant

Mary: naaaa that is not a color that looks good on her, but that dress in red would have probably been the bomb

Mette Marit: she looks sooooo conservative she could do way better, but maybe she still fells kind of big after giving brith and wants to cover up.
I loved her style when she was still pregnant while they were in London that was just great.

Madeleine: sorry but to me she looks like a rosted chicken, that is tooo much tanning it jus looks fake. I did like the blue outfit that she wore I think for the lunch but evening she could have done better too.

All the queens could have done better but Queen Sonja looked loveley
Old 05-02-2006, 03:43 AM
Heir Apparent

someone that keeps impressing me is GD Maria Teresa, she has an impeccable sense of style and has awesome dresses!:)
Old 05-02-2006, 03:52 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma
Please ledies, don´t be so hard on some of the Royals! They are hard working mothers too. And trend in taste is very much according to one's fancy. In some countries also a question of etiquette that´s not simular all over the world. Some of You ladies comment this Royal event as if You are an evil stepmother from a fairy tale. This was´nt a tale! It was head of states, Royals and Presidents, congratulating Swedish head of state.
Like you said, Karisma, this wasn't a tale but a state occasion and I think some of the women should have respected it as such! They're so worried about looking good for the public that they end up looking like Hollywood bimbos. That's not etiquette anywhere in the world! I'm not saying they were complete disasters either - usually just minor flaws that spoil the whole; a lady should know what works for her and compliments her. She should also be advised against what doesn't (which obviously isn't happening in some circles).

Tags
ball, birthday, birthday celebration, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, european royalty, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, official birthday, prince carl philip, princess lilian, queen silvia, silvia, princess madeleine