King Carl XVI Gustaf's 60th Birthday Celebrations: April 28-30, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More from getty

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 262
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 238
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 310
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 268
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
The Kings of Spain were not present in today's activities.

Images from anp and yahoo/reuters

Attachments

• 2984944.jpg
    2984944.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 684
  • r3886844380.jpg
    r3886844380.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:
Sorry... the dress is fab but Mathilde looks awfull in it!

More images from ukpress

Attachments

• Gustaf_60_Gala_7-UKP.jpg
    Gustaf_60_Gala_7-UKP.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 343
  • Gustaf_60_Gala_8-UKP.jpg
    Gustaf_60_Gala_8-UKP.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 312
  • Gustaf_60_Gala_10-UKP.jpg
    Gustaf_60_Gala_10-UKP.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 319
  • Gustaf_60_Gala_11-UKP.jpg
    Gustaf_60_Gala_11-UKP.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 531
  • Gustaf_60_Gala_12-UKP.jpg
    Gustaf_60_Gala_12-UKP.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,360
  • Gustaf_60_Gala_15-UKP.jpg
    Gustaf_60_Gala_15-UKP.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 316
  • Gustaf_60_Gala_25-UKP.jpg
    Gustaf_60_Gala_25-UKP.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 372
  • Gustaf_60_Gala_24-UKP.jpg
    Gustaf_60_Gala_24-UKP.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 373
  • Gustaf_60_Gala_17-UKP.jpg
    Gustaf_60_Gala_17-UKP.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 309
  • Gustaf_60_Gala_22-UKP.jpg
    Gustaf_60_Gala_22-UKP.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 399
Who is the lady in the "I can see your breasts" dress? :eek:

More from ukpress, 2

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 348
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 405
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 247
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,733
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 343
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 360
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 319
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 295
More from ukpress, 3

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 289
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 360
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 417
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 330
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 6,101
  • 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,651
  • 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 375
  • 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 3,296
ali and rym from polfoto

Attachments

• AP773840_guest.jpg
    AP773840_guest.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 312
Where are the Kings of Spain?
I don't see them anywhere.

Maxima looks fantastic in that orange-red dress..and omg...her tiara...fabulous!!

I agree that Mary looks a bit lost, and it is kinda weird that she "changes partners" (first with CP W-A, then with King Harlad of Norway) why not just stick with Prince Henrik like yesterday and today's lunch?

MM's dress is not a good choice imo...not so flattering, she really needs to get a better designer or sth!!

Mathilde's dress is great, but she does not look so flattering in it though.

Silvia's tiara looks great on her, but how can she hold that much weight on her head all nite long??

i must say the most beautiful tonight is Princess Maxima.
Princess Mette-Marit wear something beautiful (but recycled), but her tiara is too small.
Princess Mathilde & Princess Mary looks very nice as well.
Princess Rym looks beautiful, so does her tiara.
Queen Beatrix & Queen Sonja's dress is gorgeous. Nice colour!
Anne Marie's dress has a nice colour as well..
Maria Teresa's tiara is very beautiful, so does her dress.
Why didn't Rosario wear a tiara? and where is Kyril.

I was hoping more from Victoria & Madeleine since they are hosting this event as well.
Victoria's nobel 2005 dress is much better than this one, and Madeleine.. well, she could've picked something better.
Queen Silvia's dress looks gorgeous, and i like her tiara. Definitely fitting for a host..

Here's the unwatermarked version of the offical photo (from ANP) :

Back row from left: President Olafur Grimsson of Iceland, Grand Duke Henri of Luxemburg, King Harald of Norway, King carl Gustaf of Sweden, Prince Consort Henrik of Denmark, Mr. Penti Arajarvi (Finland) Prince Hans-Adam of Liechtenstein and King Albert of Belgium. Front row from left Dorrit Moussaieff (Iceland), Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, Queen Sonja of Norway, Queen Silvia of Sweden, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, President Tarja Halonen of Finland and Queen paolo of Belgium pose for a group picture during the celebrations for the 60th birthday Swedish King Karl Gustav at the royal castle in Stockholm, Sunday 30 April 2006.

I'm quite disappointed in Madeleine's choice of gala wear. She has worn this dress 3-4 times now and I'm all for recycling but I had hoped for a new dress for her father's 60th birthday. It's also more of a letdown after the rumors that she had gotten a new dress in Hollywood. I like that she wore the Fringe Tiara, she looks good in it but Madeleine's pearl choker has got to go! Madeleine only recycles two necklaces for gala since she was 18! I think five years of the same two necklaces deserves a little upgrade. :)

I like Victoria's dress. It's simple but a very nice cut on her. I'm also very pleased with her choice of tiara, the Baden Fringe always looks so great on her.

And I have to mention Maxima because she looks absolutely vivacious in red! I love that dress on her; she just looks so good! To me this makes up for her awful outfit and hat on Queen's Day. :D

Thanks everybody for pictures!

more from yesterday's parliament luncheon (from uk press - part 1)

Last edited:
Most ladies looked absolutely great. Wonderful outfits and jewelry. Q. Silvia as usual looked just perfect for a Queen. Loved her dress. Mathilde's dress looks great but does not suit her wholesome scrubbed down persona. That dress should be worn by someone with pizzazz. Maxima has developed her own and very becoming style. She would also look fabulous in Mathilde's dress. Did the Spanish royal couple attend the gala dinner?

Thanks to all who posted pictures. Everyone looked so lovely all weekend. Especially Maxima, Madeleine and Marie Chantal who always look great in my mind. I'm so sad its over :(

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful pictures. Here are my comments on the fashion:

I'm a bit disappointed to see so many re-cycled gowns, especially Madeleine's. That pink lace gown looks like a prom dress that's too young for her now. I actually think Victoria looked better than her sister in both the evening gown and the day-time suit. But whaza, Madeleine's boyfriend is so good-looking that I don't think that girl needs any sympathy. That guy is a looker! What's his background? Anyone knows?

Silvia outshined every women tonight and she should. What a gorgeous chatuse gown and the tiara looked absolutely regal on her head. At first glance, I thought her gown looked like a '80s bridesmaid's dress with the big puffy sleeves. But after seeing the enlarged photo, I love it.

The second best is Maxima. She looked stunning in the stripeless red gown and the absolutely fabulous ruby tiara (wow!). It's more than making up for the early day-time dress, which was a terrible choice on her. I agree with someone who said she shouldn't have the tie on her neck. She has a rounded face. She should avoid high stand collars by all means.

Mathilde's dress looked 1" too short and although the dress was stunning, it didn't look good on her. It made her look like she's preganent again. It accentuated her middle section unflatteringly. But I think she looked the best in the day time coat and the stringy headpiece. Very classy and haute couture looking.

Rym's Mideaval dress was a bit too costumy for my taste.

MM's dresses on both nights were head-scratchers and neither looked good on her. Her smile was radiant but she really should do something with her hair and choose better dresses. The red hat during the day time was great though. It's the best head gear any ladies wore for that event. The long feather really showcased her very chiseled features.

Mary looked great on the first night. I was never that taken with the teal gown, but her hair do for the first night was the best hairdo she's ever had. It softened her harsh complexion - extreme paleness and extreme dark eyes and hair - and even the pointed chin. But she looked washed-out and old on the second night. The dusty lavender washed her out and the hairdo didn't look anywhere as good as the first night. The pearl choker always has a way of aging her by 10 years everytime she wore it. With more noticeable lines and the choker, she looked like a generation older than Madeleine and even Victoria. Her outfit during the day time looked cheap for some reasons. In close up, the red top underneath the jacket looked like a separate T-shirt. The jacket looked like an off-the-rack read-to-wear. The hat also looked cheap.

MC's gown on the second night was a disaster IMO. It looked too young for her with the big piffy sleeves. And did she wear bra underneath? I don't think so. She didn't look that great without one. She looked good on the first night though. The white hat and suit during the day-time made her look a bit wash-out. I don't know why she seems to like wearing neutral and pastel colors. Those neutral and pastel colors wash her out, especially as she gets older.

Rosario - I think that's her name - was a disappointment too on both nights. Such a gorgeous woman. Why did she wear neutral colors and choose not to wear any jewelries? She looked too wane and washed out. I still remember the fabulous emerald green gown she wore to Felipe and Letizia's pre-wedding banquet. She looked absolutely stunning.

Victoria & Madeleine look great without their coats on...

Luncheon, from ukpress - part 10

Princess Lilian as always very lovely. She has aged considerably since the Nobel festivities. May her days be filled with peace and love and comfort of her family.

Back
Top Bottom