King Carl XVI Gustaf's 60th Birthday Celebrations: April 28-30, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It surprises not to see any photo of the Kings of Spain, not of those of Bulgaria and the Princes of Preslav, they all came yesterday to the dinner. Have not they come to the today acts?

Queen Silvia wears the Braganca Diamond Tiara and a Dimound necklace with a drop i think
Victoria wears the Baden Fringe Tiara and a simple dimound necklace
Madeleine wears the King Carl Gustav's Fringe Tiara and the Queen Victorias 13 row pearl collier necklace
Lilian wears the Laurel Necklace Tiara and the The sevigne necklace

First pictures of Maxima and W-A.. love her dress and ruby tiara!!
sources anp

from ukpress :

Henrik is peeking on one of the balconies on the 1st pic.

ps. lovely images Larzen. looks like Queen Sonja dropped her purse & King Constantine helped her to pick it up. funny ones...

Last edited by a moderator:
wow... what a wonderful dress Maxima wore. I love it! the colour is great & the detail is too.. she definitely bounch back from this morning. let's just hope MM do the same..

here's the picture without watermark from ANP-EPA :

Great to see Máxima with this Ruby Tiara! It's one of my favourite Dutch Tiaras! :)
Is Beatrix there, too?

I loved Victoria, Madde and MC this afternoon! And Maxima looks great! Thats a new tiara for her I believe. Cant wait to see the others.

Maxima looks great! Hopefully we'll see more pics soon!

Jess, thanks for the beautiful photos without watermarks!! Maxima looks beautiful! Green is rather subdued for QS but she looks lovely.

no probs, Emily! Hopefully we'll get bigger size of the picture.

Here's Thai Princess Sirindhorn at the luncheon (from ppe)
she's wearing traditional Thai silk dress.

and now from the concert... (from ANP)

King Harald, Queen Sonja, and Princess Mary (she is perhaps tired Henrik holding her.. and switch partners..:D )

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the Kings of Spain didn't attend?
Great pics btw!
Thanks.

Mary looks a little bit "lost" :D
why didn't she walk on the arm of The Prince Consort?
He's right behind her! ???

Last edited by a moderator:
...sOfIa.... said:
Does anyone know why the Kings of Spain didn't attend?
Great pics btw!
Thanks.
If you mean the concert and gala dinner, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia are there - I saw them attending on TV!
It surprises not to see any photo of the Kings of Spain, not of those of Bulgaria and the Princes of Preslav, they all came yesterday to the dinner. Have not they come to the today acts?
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia have attended the events today. I saw him in one of the windows during the TV broadcasts from the Defence's tribute earlier today, were the royals were looking out.

Thanks, Grand Duchess is that I was surprised that that there was no photography, I hope that there are photographies of them this night;)

Beatrix entered with Henrik, behind Sonja, Harald & Mary

purple_platinum said:
an official photo from ANP-EPA :

http://imageshack.us

I must say, I'm a bit disappointed with that official photo: I would've expected the ladies to pull out all stops tonight and it seems they've rehashed previous outfits. Also, I'm not sure the Queen's dress does much for her...unless they didn't want to take the spotlight off the King? Yes, that must be it! :rolleyes:

Does anyone know where I can look for pictures (except ANP and Getty Images)

I'm surprised more pictures haven't come out yet.

GömdNatt said:
Beatrix entered with Henrik, behind Sonja, Harald & Mary
Great ! :) what tiara did she wear?
Aren't there some new photos yet? :confused: some of Mette Marit, Sofia , Beatrix ?

Finally I´m able to get in here! This messege that keeps popping up is so anyoing :) But its nice to see so many here!

Beautiful photos! Nice to see a new family photo at last. They all looks great. Ecen they dont have new dresses on! Silvias dress isnt perfect but the colour is nice on her. The shoulder part- not so much :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pictures!

A big thanks to everyone for the pictures.
Great to see the family together again. Queen Silvia looked absolutely stunning. In my eyes she was the most beautyful woman today. This orange suits her so much. And great to see her laugh and enjoy the day. The first time after the death of her brother.
CP Victoria looked beautyful, too.
Hoping for more pictures from the gala. ;)

http://www.imagine.photositepro.com/main.php?cmd=View&ViewImage=229383&ViewImageSelect=24

(Just cannot figure out how to post a picture even though there's a very fine description of how to do it in these forums:)..what can I say - I'm stupid :D)

But I just love this picture of the royal couple! aren't they holding hands? ..I think it's such a cute picture! :)

Amazing! Princess Mathilde fabulous in Armani (thanks to Liza from the GREMB). Source UK Press

Maxima's dress is fantastic, and the tiara is beautiful. Big difference from this morning :)

Images from getty

Attachments

• 57499275.jpg
    57499275.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 440
  • 57499282.jpg
    57499282.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 407
  • 57499284.jpg
    57499284.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 393
  • 57499294.jpg