King Carl XVI Gustaf's 60th Birthday Celebrations: April 28-30, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pictures from the Parliament's lunch in the City Hall of Stockholm. Pictures from Imagine Scandinavia.

Attachments

• IS2.jpg
    IS2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 396
  • IS3.jpg
    IS3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 259
  • IS4.jpg
    IS4.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 556
  • IS1.jpg
    IS1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 305
  • IS5.jpg
    IS5.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 382
  • IS6.jpg
    IS6.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 314
  • IS7.jpg
    IS7.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 321
  • IS8.jpg
    IS8.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 335
Mathilde finally wore something "without hat" (a headpiece), and she looks fabulous... Elegant & charming..
I like what Marie Chantal wore today. beautiful & elegant.

Last edited:
Getty images

Attachments

• 57497677.jpg
    57497677.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 909
  • 57497683.jpg
    57497683.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 57497682.jpg
    57497682.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 57497681.jpg
    57497681.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 457
  • 57497680.jpg
    57497680.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 57497676.jpg
    57497676.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 57497687.jpg
    57497687.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 57497688.jpg
    57497688.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 294
  • 57497689.jpg
    57497689.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 231
  • 57497690.jpg
    57497690.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
wonder if we will see any family photos and photo of each member of the family as we usally get to see each year at the kings birthday, or at least the past years we have seen such photos

purple_platinum said:
Mathilde finally wore something "without hat" (a headpiece), and she looks fabulous...
Elegant & charming..
Yes, we are really rewarded for waiting :) Source: Imagine Scandinavia

Last edited:
Without that thing around her neck Maxima's outfit would have been ok, but now...no! It makes her face look so chubby (which is not the case, as we saw yesterday). The ribbons around her ankles (of the shoes) never worked for her before and it doesn't work now either.
She wore the hat and jacket on Prinsjesdag and the skirt and sjawl on 2 previous ocassions.

Mathilde and Victoria look most elegant today IMO.

Last edited:
1 more of Queen Sonja (from imagine)

The King & children... (from getty)

Last edited:
I saw a full photo of CP Mary's outfit, and I absolutely loved it! CP Mary, CP Mathilda both looked extremely elegant today.

Tiff

more from getty :

th_12692_57497814.jpg

Great pictures. I realy love the outfits from Victoria,Mary and Mette Marit. I was just wondering whay Mette Marit always wear dark stockings?

CP Mary, CP Mathilde and CP Marie Chantal looked extremely elegant today.
CP Maxima and CP Mette Marit disappointed me. They used to wear much better. I hope they improve it this evenning

In 30 minutes...

Programme for the Festive Concert in honour of His Majesty the King
30 April 2006 in the Hall of State, the Royal Palace of Stockholm

* La Rejouissance from Music for the Royal Fireworks (1749), Georg Friedrich Händel
* Nerone’s aria from Agrippina, Georg Friedrich Händel, performer Malena Ernman
* Cancion del amor dolido from El Amor Brujo, Manuel de Falla, performer Ale Möller Band
* Danjugan Sanctuary (words by Gerry A. Grey) – a solemn procession of endangered species, performed by Anders Paulsson
* Sous le dome épais, Flower Duet from Lakmé, performers Jeanette Köhn and Anne Sofie von Otter

** Prayer to the Sun (words by Karin Boye) for soloists, chorus and orchestra
Commissioned by The Royal Swedish Academy of Music to mark the 60th birthday of H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf
Premiere performance, performed by Anne Sofie von Otter and Karl-Magnus Fredriksson

* Here’s to Life (words by Phyllis Molinary), performed by Lisa Nilsson
* Scherzo from Pastroral Suite, Lars-Erik Larsson
* Largo al factotum from Il Barbiere di Siviglia, Gioacchino Rossini, performed by Karl-Magnus Fredriksson
* I’m a stranger here myself (words by Ogden Nash), Kurt Weill, performed by Ann Sofie von Otter
* Nje Pajem, Ale Möller, performed by Ale Möller Band
* Viola, Lisa Nilsson, performed by Lisa Nilsson
* Love Song from Forest of the Amazon, Heitor Villa-Lobos, performed by Jeanette Köhn
* Soave sia il vento terzetto from Cosí fan tutte, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, performed by Jeanette Köhn, Malena Ernman and Karl-Magnus Fredriksson
*Greeting Prelude, Igor Stravinskij​

ceci said:
CP Mary, CP Mathilde and CP Marie Chantal looked extremely elegant today.
CP Maxima and CP Mette Marit disappointed me. They used to wear much better. I hope they improve it this evenning
I agree with you ceciMaxima's shoes and that thing arround her neck looks bad. Mette Marit, well imo she looks better than last night, but she needs help :(

everyone looked superb. none of the ladies dissapointed me at all. those dresses yesterday were so incredible, i can't really decide who wore it better. among my favourites are rosario nadal and marie chantal with similar black designs, mary (i have always loved her engagement gown) and maxima with that really flatering sparkling brown gown. from the older generation, sonja and maria teresa definetely won the race. i felt wuite sorry for mette marit. although her dress was quite "difficult" to wear, it would have suit her much more if it was in another colours. it would have been a great difference if it was in pastels, for example. she always glitters with soft colours.

today, however, she was one of the best dressed ones in my opinion. that hat was amazing and accentuated her traces a lot, and at the same time made a great contrast wth the black-blue outfit. wonderful, really. mary's hat although she re-used it, looked as if it was new with the addition of the flower matching the dress. the same for maxima, with the idea of combining the foulard and the skirt and with the same tones of orange for the hat, purse, shoes and the blazer. the swedish sisters and mathilde looked incredible as well, as feminine and appropiate as always.

i wonder where is rosario today. i'm sure she wore something magnificent... :)

All Ladies looks great but CPss Mary looks simply WOOOW. I know why I love watching events like this!

Thank you for the great pictures. CPss Mary looks wonderful. I love that she's wearing the Danish colours. She's really glowing.

I just saw the first images from the concert. Siliva wears a new dress and the huge Braganca tiara, Victoria in white and the baden fringe, and MAdeleine wear the pink dress from Frederiks wedding or one very similar

Last edited by a moderator:
earlier this morning, from facetoface :

I thought Queen Beatrix was going to be there today -- any sighting of her?

Can anyone post those gorgeous pictures of Mathilde without the watermarks? I would be so grateful. She looks absolutely angelic with that headpiece.

Back
Top Bottom