The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
I love events like this one!!! It's just a feast for my eyes:)
Just like me!! :)

I simply adore Máxima's dress, she is amazing tonight! The dress color fits her so well, imo!!
I also like Princess Lilian black and white outfit. She is very elegant!
Duchess of Braganza is very stylish in her pink dress. Does anyone knows who the designer is?

Thanks you everyon for the pics!

Old 04-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry. no photos of the King and Family?

Old 04-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Commoner

I think MM looks very frumpy in her dress. It doesn't look as if it fits well and it makes her look too pale. Maxima looks radiant, as does Mary. MM is so pretty, I wish she'd try to look more put together.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some pics from Imagine, I glued them together to not make so many posts

The future Prince Consort???

the King and Queen of Spain, the Queen is wearing Valentino Couture, she has worn it before

The Norwegian royal family, Astrid wearing a fruit bowl for a skirt

From Jordan Prince Ali and Princess Rym
Old 04-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marakimou
I think MM looks very frumpy in her dress. It doesn't look as if it fits well and it makes her look too pale. Maxima looks radiant, as does Mary. MM is so pretty, I wish she'd try to look more put together.
Maybe if she would stand different, and wore some jewellery...
Btw. Mary's dress remind me her dress from engagement - evening. Isn't it the same dress?
http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs2/freddenmark53.jpg
Old 04-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Maybe if she would stand different, and wore some jewellery...
Btw. Mary's dress remind me her dress from engagement - evening. Isn't it the same dress?
http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs2/freddenmark53.jpg
It is the same dress. If my memory is correct, this is the third time that Crown Princess Mary has worn this dress.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

OMG, is that Jonas walking with Emma. He is gorgeous. Madeline and Jonas will have beautifull children.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Gentry

OMG, This is so exciting! I can't wait to see the SRF. I'm dying to see Victoria and Madeleine. So far I have to agree with everyone that Maxima looks wonderful.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:01 PM

It's the first time I've been Daniel Westling - very strange look. Princess Lilian looks absolutely stunning and is, IMO, the best dressed this evening. The King and the rest of the immediate RF wont be posing for pics apparantly because the King wants to stress the private nature of the party.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Royal Highness

If at all possible I wish Daniel had not worn glasses with his tux. Now that I look at him he has a very cartoonish look about him. As long as he makes Victoria happy, I guess I have no real complaints. :)
Old 04-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Nobility

And as long as she makes him happy too.:)
Old 04-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Serene Highness

I am really so impressed by how great EVERYONE looks tonight! (except for Daniel, he doesn't look good in those glasses :( )

I am soooo dissapointed we didnt get any pics of the family. I wanted to see what the girls were wearing. Tomorrow we should see them right? in tiaras?
Old 04-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
The King and the rest of the immediate RF wont be posing for pics apparantly because the King wants to stress the private nature of the party.
How is it that the Swedish royal family (but not Lilian) arrive at the party without the media seeing them and photographing them? And yet the arrival of the other guests has resulted in dozens of pictures?

I understand that there has to be a line drawn between public and private life and such occasions, and really, I respect such a line. But it seems a bit like a spoil sport on the King's part to not pose for even five minutes for pictures as he and his family arrive. I'm not saying that there should be pictures inside the dinner or the party of the guests eating or dancing, just the arrival.

The King has grown up in front of the Swedish public and all week we've seen him photographed as he receives gifts. We can't see pictures of him for just a few minutes on this grand occasion?
Old 04-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Some pics from Imagine, I glued them together to not make so many posts

From Jordan Prince Ali and Princess Rym
I must say I am quite impressed with Princess Rhym. She looks fantastic.. it's been such a long time since we have seen her. I still remember her as a reporter on CNN..Thanks for the pics!
Old 04-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Commoner

Mary looks absolutely gorgeous ( love the hair and dress), Maxima looks nice, Mette looks pretty and sweet... I didnt like Emma's dress though... Overall, the ladies look very nice...
Old 04-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Courtier

Thanks everyone for the great pictures posted here..for me the best dressed were Princess Mary and Princess Maxima..Mette Marit gown was a bit confused for me..actually I didnt like it
Old 04-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Princesses Máxima and Mary looked wonderful!
Old 04-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Commoner

Maybe The King and Queen, Crown Princess and Princes were in the Palace before the press arrived.
In my opinion, all ladies looked so so so good (we didn't see Princess Margarita of Romania) and I liked very much the dresses (apart from Mette-Marit and Astrid). Hope they chose beautiful dresses for tomorrow and we could see Beatrix, Paola and Mathilde!!
Old 04-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Courtier

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...a-9075-11.html more pics here.
What is Rym wearing? is it an Algerian costume?
Old 04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Gentry

I didn't see king Carl's sisters. Where they are?

Tags
ball, birthday, birthday celebration, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, european royalty, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, official birthday, prince carl philip, princess lilian, queen silvia, silvia, princess madeleine