The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 04:12 AM
Nobility

The Spanish people: Juan Carlist vs. Royalist?

at the time of wedding of prince felipe, I heard on french tv, that spanich people are more juan carliste than royaliste, is it true?

personnaly, I think that spanich royal family is the more pleasant in europe

Old 01-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa
at the time of wedding of prince felipe, I heard on french tv, that spanich people are more juan carliste than royaliste, is it true?

personnaly, I think that spanich royal family is the more pleasant in europe
I think the Spanish people really admire the King for all that he has been able to do in terms of the monarchy following the death of Franco. Many people had their own doubts about a monarchy but also about a man (Juan Carlos) who was "groomed" by a man such as Franco. But I think the King, along with the Queen, have both worked tremendously hard to make Spain a democratic nation and that both have represented their country very well.

I think there is some "concern" about how Felipe will take on the role. While he is very well liked, his father's shoes are tremendous to fill. But if Felipe is anything like his father's son, he will do a very good job for Spain, too, I think. (He already is doing a very impressive job.)

Old 01-13-2005, 05:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I think the Spanish people really admire the King for all that he has been able to do in terms of the monarchy following the death of Franco. Many people had their own doubts about a monarchy but also about a man (Juan Carlos) who was "groomed" by a man such as Franco. But I think the King, along with the Queen, have both worked tremendously hard to make Spain a democratic nation and that both have represented their country very well.

I think there is some "concern" about how Felipe will take on the role. While he is very well liked, his father's shoes are tremendous to fill. But if Felipe is anything like his father's son, he will do a very good job for Spain, too, I think. (He already is doing a very impressive job.)
I agree with you, the king work a lot for Spain, and it will be difficult to equalize him, but I also think that prince Felipe is an intelligent man, he will be also a good king

Tags
juan carlist, juan carlos i, royalist, spain