State Visit from Portugal to Spain: September 25-28, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fanletizia said:
Princess Letizia did not attend the dinner...only the previous concert. After that she came back home

Source: antena3

I believe that there is a confusion in the news:wacko: . This press¡¡¡¡¡ :bang: Because I have read today, that though at first assurance was not known, finally also came to the receipt. They speak so much of the topic that they do not clarify.
http://www.larazon.es/noticias/noti_nac6222.htm

Last edited:
marilla said:
I love Infanta Elena outfit.

I like CP Letizia's combo (blouse and skirt) but I hate this big black stole.

Why did she wear it?

Everybody knows that she is pregnant. :D

Perhaps she felt a little cold. I don't like the stole either, but much better than a jacket from Felipe Varela :cool:.
I like Elena's outfit the best. Anyone knows who the designer is ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised that no one has remarked how elegant Queen Sofia was at the concert at the Pardo Palace, it's one of the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen!

http://www.lne.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1411&pIdSeccion=64&pIdNoticia=447105

The Prince of Asturias accompanies today Cavaco Silva in his visit to Oviedo

The Prince of Asturias, Don Felipe, will come today at 11:25 to the Hotel Reconquest of Oviedo, where he will support a meeting with the President of the Portuguese Republic, Anibal Cavaco Forest, and his lady, Maria Cavaco Silva. Dona Letizia canceled finally her trip to the capital of the Principality because of the inconveniences of the pregnancy.

At 11:40 they will move up to the historical center of Oviedo, where there will be got by the Archbishop of Oviedo, Carlos Osoro, the President of the Principality, Vicente lvarez Areces and the Mayor of Oviedo, Gabino de Lorenzo.

Later, at 12:00 they will be present at the concert of the Choir of the Foundation Prince of Asturias. Besides, they will visit the Altarpiece and the Holy Chamber of the Cathedral.

At 12:40, the procession will divide,by foot, up to the Museum of fine arts of Oviedo, where the exhibition will be inaugurated " Meeting Marked " of the Portuguese painter Adriana Molder.

Later they will walk along the center of Oviedo until they will divide, at 13:45 up to the Airport of Asturias, where they will say goodbye.

You can see the images NOW here

The Prince crosses the streets of Oviedo with the president of Portugal

The Prince of Asturias initiated little before the midday a tour for the streets of Oviedo towards the cathedral to accompany the president of Portugal, Aníbal Cavaco Silva, in his visit to the capital of the Principality.
The citizens congregated on the verge of the hotel of the Reconquest applauded Don Felipe and the president of Portugal.​

The own inconveniences of the first months of pregnancy have prevented dona Letizia from accompanying her husband in this visit on her natal land that, besides, gives name to the title of the Inheritor of the Wreath.​

It is foreseen that the Prince and Aníbal Cavaco Silva and his wife, that before going out they met brief privately, come walking up to the cathedral, where, beside admiring the most important jewel of the Asturian Gothic, they will listen to the choir of the Foundation Prince of Asturias.
Also they will approach the Museum of Fine arts to inaugurate an exhibition of the young Portuguese artist, Adriana Molder.​

Aníbal Cavaco Silva, who yesterday put end in Madrid to his first visit of State since he acceded to the power last March, wanted to travel to Asturias to know HC's thermal plant Energy in Aboño, who supposes the major Portuguese investment in Spanish lands and in the one that was yesterday.​

Last edited:
From terra:

From reuters via yahoo

Last edited:
thanks lula for the photos !!!
surely which Felipe was thinking today much about his woman, it had liked that she also was in Oviedo !!!

Wow, I hadn't seen this pictures yet, I must say that infantas Margarita and Cristina looked very elegant, but I don't like Queen's Sophia brown evening dress, anyway is a personal opinion.

zarzuela said:
I am surprised that no one has remarked how elegant Queen Sofia was at the concert at the Pardo Palace, it's one of the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen!

Her dress looked amazing, I wish we could have seen it without the jacket :sad: Well I'm sure it will get another outing soon :flowers:

According to Presidência da República, this visit to the Principality of Asturias is not a common gesture and it is a sign of personal esteem for the future monarch of Spain.

http://www.presidencia.pt/?id_categoria=9&id_item=1568

The last day of this State Visit to Spain started with a brief meeting with the Prince Felipe of Asturias, which was followed by a stroll by the historical downtown of Oviedo. The first stop was in the cathedral of the Asturian capital, with a musical moment interpreted by the choir of the cathedral and a visit to the Saint Chamber. Afterwards, President Cavaco Silva and Prince Felipe visited the Fine Arts Museum of Asturias, where theyinaugurated a painting exhibition by the plastic artist Adriana Molder, under the heading "Encontro Marcado".

Finally, the Prince of Asturias and the local authorities presented their farewell compliments to the President of the Republic and to Dr.ª Maria Cavaco Silva in the local airport, before their return to Lisbon.

http://es.news.yahoo.com/28092006/185/principe-ensena-oviedo-cavaco-silva.html

The Prince of Asturias accompanied the Portuguese President, Aníbal Cavaco Silva, for more than two hours by the streets of Oviedo, and said that his first-born, Infanta Leonor, won't attend prize-giving ceremony of the Prince of Asturias Awards, next October 20th, "because she is very small".

Cavaco Silva and his wife had the Prince as the best host for their route by the historical downtown of the city, which took them from the hotel Reconquista to the neighborhoods of the Fontán market, where they tasted the traditional cider "culín". The citizens, who were waiting for them along the route, applauded the retinue, congratulated Don Felipe for his future paternity, and asked about Doña Letizia, whose annoyances in the first months of pregnancy have prevented her to accompany her husband to her native land. "The Princess is well, very sorry for not being here", responded Don Felipe, before the insistence of the questions, which he wanted to avoid, so not to overshadow the protagonism of his guest, the Portuguese President.
Manwhile, he explained that the presence of Doña Letizia in the next delivery of the Prince of Asturias Awards in the Campoamor Theater of Oviedo will depend on how she will be by then.

Last edited:
Elsa M. said:
According to Presidência da República, this visit to the Principality of Asturias is not a common gesture and it is a sign of personal esteem for the future monarch of Spain.

I do not believe that this it is the only reason. Portugal has economic important interests in Asturias, since a company portuguese bought the electrical company of Asturias, yesterday the President of the Republic dedicated the visit to economic matters. In the visits of State is normal the visit to places where there are important interests.;)

lula said:
I do not believe that this it is the only reason. Portugal has economic important interests in Asturias, since a company portuguese bought the electrical company of Asturias, yesterday the President of the Republic dedicated the visit to economic matters. In the visits of State is normal the visit to places where there are important interests.;)
Of course there are interests and this State Visit had much of an economic dinamic... but this is stated as the official explanation provided by the President's cabinet... and we must recognize it is nice they're reinforcing once again the bounds with the future monarch of our neighbours...;)

EPA/GUSTAVO CUEVAS POOL

I belive some of them are already posted but theese are bigger

From sipa press via Isifa

Daer Mary, i try to put again the pic of the Prince that I'm very found of:

source - isifa, originally posted by Lula

I hope this time it's good and I apologize for my technical clumsyness....

Last edited:
adelaide said:
Daer Mary, i try to put again the pic or the Prince that I'm very found of:

I hope this time it's ood and I apologize for my technical clumsyness....
Forget the clumsyness! :lol: This pic is indeed great...:wub::heart::wub:

Thanks adelaide :)

He is gorgeous.. :wub:

lecturas

brunopress

Last edited:
more brunopress
]
SIPA[1]fff.jpg

http://s2.supload.com/free/SIPA[1

Back
Top Bottom