Spanish State Visit to Argentina: November 11-13, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xicamaluca

Courtier
City
Portugal
Country
Portugal
The kings iniciated yesterday a 3 day visit to Argentina

casareal
Don Juan Carlos y Doña Sofía son recibidos por el Vicepresidente de la República Argentina, Daniel Scioli, a su llegada al Aeropuerto de Buenos Aires para comenzar su Viaje de Estado a Argentina, que finalizará el próximo día 14.
(Aeropuerto de Buenos Aires, 11 de noviembre de 2003)

arg01g.jpg

casareal
Don Juan Carlos y Doña Sofía son recibidos por el presidente de la República Argentina, Nestor Kirchner y señora Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, en el salón blanco de la Casa Rosada, en la primera jornada de las dos de que consta el viaje oficial de Sus Majestades los Reyes a Argentina, para potenciar y apoyar las inversiones españolas en ese país. (Buenos Aires, 11 de noviembre de 2003)

argen20g.jpg

capt.bai10411121413.argentina_spain_bai104.jpg

From left, Spain's Queen Sofia, King Juan Carlos of Spain, Argentine President Nestor Kirchner, and his wife Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner pose for a photograph at the government house in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Wednesday, Nov.12, 2003. The Spanish royal couple is on a two day official visit in Argentina before attending the Ibero American Summit in Santa Cruz, Bolivia.
capt.bai10111121415.argentina_spain_bai101.jpg

From left, Spain's Queen Sofia, King Juan Carlos of Spain, Argentine President Nestor Kirchner, and his wife Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner pose for a photograph at the government house in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Wednesday, Nov.12, 2003.
capt.bai10511121557.argentina_spain_bai105.jpg

Spain's King Juan Carlos, left, and Queen Sofia, center, wave to their fans at the Palacio San Martin, in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Wednesday, Nov.12, 2003. The Spanish royal couple is on a two-day official visit in Argentina before attending the Ibero American Summit in Santa Cruz, Bolivia.

capt.bai10611121755.argentina_spain_bai106.jpg

Argentine President Nestor Kirchner, center, hugs King Juan Carlos of Spain, right, while Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner smiles, left, during a meeting at the government house in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Wednesday, Nov.12, 2003. The Spanish royal couple is on a two-day official visit in Argentina before attending the Ibero American Summit in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. At the back Argentine Foreign Minister Rafael Bielsa.
capt.edb10111130011.argentina_spain_edb101.jpg

Spain's King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, posse with Argentina's President Nestor Kirchner and his wife Cristina, in front of glacier Perito Moreno, 3,200 kilometers (2,000 miles) southwest of Buenos Aires, Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2003.The Spain's royal couple is on a two-day vissit to Argentina.
capt.edb10311130026.argentina_spain_edb103.jpg

Spain's King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, posse with Argentina's President Nestor Kirchner and his wife Cristina,wave to photographers in Puerto Banderas, 3,200 kilometers (2,000 miles) southwest of Buenos Aires, Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2003 .Spain's royal couple is in a two-day visit to Argentina

capt.edb10311131324.argentina_spain_edb103.jpg

Spain's King Juan Carlos, and Queen Sofia shake hands with wellwishers, Thursday, Nov. 13, 2003 as he leaves Hostal Posada de los Alamosin Calafate, Argentina, 3,200 kilometers (2,000 miles) southwest of Buenos Aires. The Spanish royal couple is on a two-day visit to Argentina.
r550578518.jpg

Spanish Queen Sofia (L) and Argentine first lady, Senator Cristina Fernandez, hold a private meeting at the Casa Rosada Government House in Buenos Aires, November 12, 2003
capt.edb10411130048.argentina_spain_edb104.jpg

Spain's Queen Sofia, left, takes a picture accompanied by Argentina's First Lady Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, as they visited the glacier Perito Moreno, 3,200 kilometers (2,000 miles) southwest of Buenos Aires, Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2003 . Spain's royal couple is in a two-day visit to Argentina.

r559803749.jpg

Spanish King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia ® walk out from their hotel in El Calafate, where they toured the Perito Moreno glacier in Argentina's Patagonia, November 13, 2003.
r3013129015.jpg

Spanish Queen Sofia (L) takes a snap of Argentine President Nestor Kirchner ® and first lady Senator Cristina Fernandez, as they pose with the background of the Perito Moreno glacier at Los Glaciares National Park, in southern Argentina, November 12, 2003. The Spanish Royal couple, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, arrived in the country for a two-day visit before departing to Bolivia to attend the XIII Ibero American Summit.

www.rexfeatures.com - King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain on a tour of Buenos Aires, Argentina - 11 November 2003.

Attachments

• SP_436117B.jpg
    SP_436117B.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 262
www.rexfeatures.com - King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain on a tour of Buenos Aires, Argentina - 11 November 2003.

Attachments

• 555.jpg
    555.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 319
SPANISH ROYALS TAKE IN SIGHTS OF PATAGONIA

As the first snows begin to fall in their own country, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain have been experiencing a more southern chill during a trip to the Argentine province of Patagonia.

Wrapped up warm against the brisk Antarctic wind, the royal pair, who are currently on an official visit to the country, were treated to some spectacular views of the towering Perito Moreno glacier. They were joined during a boat trip on Lake Patagonia by their hosts, Argentine President Nestor Kirchner and his wife Cristina Fernandez.

Perito Moreno has the distinction of being the only glacier in the world to be still growing. It is located within the Glacier National Park, which extends for 350 kilometres along the Andes and is a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Under brilliant blue skies Queen Sofia took a moment to practice her photography skills, snapping the Argentine premier and his wife on board the vessel.

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia pose with President Nestor Kirchner and his wife Cristina.

Attachments

• s1
    19.3 KB · Views: 115
While on board, the Spanish queen also snapped a couple of shots of their hosts

Attachments

• s2
    16.9 KB · Views: 135
This is interesting ...

Imagine Scandinavia - Argentina. King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain visit the Museum of Fine Arts and receive the visit Maxima Zorreguieta's parents.

Attachments

• 14_Carlos_Sofia_8.jpg
    14_Carlos_Sofia_8.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 252
Imagine Scandinavia - Argentina. King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain visit the Museum of Fine Arts and receive the visit Maxima Zorreguieta's parents.

Attachments

• 14_Carlos_Sofia_9.jpg
    14_Carlos_Sofia_9.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 353

Attachments

• 14_Carlos_Sofia_7.jpg
    14_Carlos_Sofia_7.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 350

Attachments

• 699.jpg
    699.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 375

Attachments

• 14_Carlos_Sofia_5.jpg
    14_Carlos_Sofia_5.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 324

Attachments

• 789.jpg
    789.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 361
And here are Maxima's parents ...

Attachments

• 14_Carlos_Sofia_2.jpg
    14_Carlos_Sofia_2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 687
nice attire by Queen Sofia! The color red do look striking on her! very fashionable

Interesting that Maxima's parents would be invited to attend an event with the King and Queen of Spain in attendace. The Spanish royals are very good friends with Queen Beatrix, and this visit with Maxima's parents might be perceived as a betrayal somewhat. Afterall, Maxima's father was not allowed to attend her wedding because of his participation in a guerilla event during his time in government. Queen Beatrix didn't want the royal family to be linked with that hostility and Maxima had to agree that her father would not attend her wedding.

And it's not like Maxima's father is presently part of the Argentinian government, which would make sense regarding his appearance here.

agm    Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 12:32 pm
Spain's King Juan Carlos, left, and Queen Sofia, center, wave to their fans
Their fans ?

agm    Posted: Nov 13th, 2003 - 12:42 pm
Spanish Queen Sofia (L) and Argentine first lady, Senator Cristina Fernandez, hold a private meeting at the Casa Rosada Government House in Buenos Aires, November 12, 2003.
I like the way Queen Sofia has reached over and established personal contact.

paulette  Posted: Nov 14th, 2003 - 10:51 am
Princess Maxima's mother also looks good in her attire!
She looks too young to be Maxima's real mother.
imo that's her step-mother.
If I remember correctly, her parents divorced.

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 14th, 2003 - 7:16 pm
She looks too young to be Maxima's real mother.
imo that's her step-mother.
If I remember correctly, her parents divorced.
I don't think Maxima's parents are divorced. And I think that really is her mom. I tried to find a more picture of Maxima and her mom when she visited Argentina and went shopping with her mom and siblings, but couldn't. :( But here is a picture of a younger Maxima with her mom, and it looks like the same woman to me -- add on some years, of course!

Attachments

• NL_maxima_101.jpg
    NL_maxima_101.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 210
Alexandria  Posted on Nov 14th, 2003 - 7:22 pm
I don't think Maxima's parents are divorced. And I think that really is her mom.

If that is the case, why would the Dutch Royal House
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/UK/royal_hous...nsesmaxima.html

post it the following way?
Princess Máxima was born Máxima Zorreguieta on 17 May 1971 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
She is the fourth daughter of Mr Jorge Horacio Zorreguieta and the eldest daughter of Mrs Maria del Carmen Cerruti de Zorreguieta. She has two brothers, one sister and three half-sisters.

The mention of half-sisters tells me there has been a divorce and a re-marriage. The question is, does Maxima get on well with Mother as well with Step-mother ? Who does she favour more ?

Hi!!.. My dad...was the one of the persons in charge to receive them here in Argentina! He was the one that received or took him to Palacio San Martin if i am not mistaken .. jaja..just wanted to say it! and i have photos of my parents with the kings (but they are from when my parents where invited to Spain)..jaj..kisses :D

Last edited:
hrhcp said:
If that is the case, why would the Dutch Royal House
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/UK/royal_hous...nsesmaxima.html

post it the following way?

The mention of half-sisters tells me there has been a divorce and a re-marriage. The question is, does Maxima get on well with Mother as well with Step-mother ? Who does she favour more ?

From what I can remember about the articles that I read about Maxima and her family before she and Willem-Alexander married it is Maxima's father who has been previously married. Maxima's mother, I believe is Jorge Zorregueita's second wife.

Isabel said:
From what I can remember about the articles that I read about Maxima and her family before she and Willem-Alexander married it is Maxima's father who has been previously married. Maxima's mother, I believe is Jorge Zorregueita's second wife.

Yes..Máxima is daughter of Jorge Zorreguieta and Maria del Carmen Cerutti..i think they got divorced (jorge and his first wife)because he was already having an affair with Carmen when they were still married....i Carmen and Jorge have 4 children Maxima, Martin, Ines (who suffered from anorexia) and Juan....i hope this information is useful for you!!kisses!:D .pau

pauli_170291 said:
Yes..Máxima is daughter of Jorge Zorreguieta and Maria del Carmen Cerutti..i think they got divorced (jorge and his first wife)because he was already having an affair with Carmen when they were still married....i Carmen and Jorge have 4 children Maxima, Martin, Ines (who suffered from anorexia) and Juan....i hope this information is useful for you!!kisses!:D .pau

I thought so! Thanks for the clearing things up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom