Queen Sofia's Visit to Greece: October 15-18, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Trip of Her Majesty the Queen to Athens / Greece

October 15

Assistance to the premiere of the movie Hispanic - Greek " El Greco" in the Theatre Spades of Athens

October 16

Visit to the Institute Cervantes of Athens

Hearing to Chiefs and Officials of the Spanish contigente in the Headquarters of the Body of the Army NATO of Thessalonika in the Residence of the Embassy in Athens

Inauguration of the Exhibition " El Greco and his workshop " in the Museum of Art Cicládico of Athens

October 18

Delivery of the Golden medal of the City of Athens in the Town hall of Athens

This is kind of cool, because isn't Queen Sofia herself Greek (born Sophia of Greece and Denmark)? I wonder if she's looking forward to it, and if we'll get to hear her speak Greek.

I can bet she'll go shopping on the 17th, lots and lots and lots of stuff for her grandkids! :lol:

well, she will visit the palaces where she lived?

How was Sofia received in Greece? I was wondering because she is the deposed king's sister and I have heard that he is not held in high regard in Greece.

Was this a a visit based on an invitation?
also
Delivery of the Golden medal of the City of Athens in the Town hall of Athens
is this like the key of the city ?

I think its nice to see Queen Sofia back in Greece & as marezdote asked, it would be intresting to see how she was received & welcomed

:huh:no it was a spur of the moment thing, she just descided to drop by :D and then they just threw a programme together :lol:

I have never heard that Sofia is not popular in Greece, she is faultless, no one can say anything against her (am half Greek)

Was this a a visit based on an invitation?
also
is this like the key of the city ?

I think its nice to see Queen Sofia back in Greece & as marezdote asked, it would be intresting to see how she was received & welcomed

I am glad she can go back to Greece for a visit. She looks very happy!

Visit to the Institute Cervantes of Athens

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071016/72172c2c01172g.jpg

Hearing to Chiefs and Officials of the Spanish contigente in the Headquarters of the Body of the Army NATO of Thessalonika in the Residence of the Embassy in Athens

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071016/72172c2c267e6g.jpg

Lovely pictures, especially the 2nd while receiving the little girl:wub: Queen Sofia looks nice, i love the suit very elegent.

:huh:no it was a spur of the moment thing, she just descided to drop by :D and then they just threw a programme together

well to just threw a programme together that fast theyve done a pretty good job because the programme is pretty intresting:)

yes, the little girl is cute, I do not understand why they did not give her a little bunch of flowers to give to Sofia

Lovely pictures, especially the 2nd while receiving the little girl:wub: Queen Sofia looks nice, i love the suit very elegent.

well to just threw a programme together that fast theyve done a pretty good job because the programme is pretty intresting:)

I'd love to hear her speaking greek!

A little question kind of out of place :lol:, what kind of passports do royals have, something like diplomatic ones?

Thanks for the pics! ! !
The Queen looks wonderful, beautiful and very elegant in all the photos.
Nobody could believe that the years old have had:flowers::flowers::flowers:

A handout photo provided by the Museum of Cycladic Art shows Queen Sofia of Spain , Greek Prime Minister Costas Karamanlis and his wife Natassa standing in front of the Luis Tristan painting "El Greco and his Workshop" exhibited at the museum in Athens

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Spoke to my mother who lives in Athens, Sofia's visit has not been on the news nor in the newspapers (at least the one she reads). Very low key visit then

Doña Sofía: "Atenas siempre ocupará un lugar en mi corazón" · ELPAIS.com

Dona Sofía: " Athens always will occupy a place in my heart "

The queen Sofía has received the golden medal of her natal city, Athens, in a solemn and emotive ceremony in the one that has declared in her mother language: " Athens always will occupy a preferential place in my heart, as one more Athenian, of birth and of heart, of a city of more than twenty-five centuries. In Athens there place the first recollections of my life, here I joined in marriage to the king of Spain and, since acertadamente sentenced Lord Byron, our earlier recollections also will be the last ones ".

Spoke to my mother who lives in Athens, Sofia's visit has not been on the news nor in the newspapers (at least the one she reads). Very low key visit then
The greeks try to keep as much of it out of the papers and the news as possible. The GRF are almost never mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom