Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
Queen Sofia's Current Events, Part One
Commencing June 2014

This thread is for all solo events undertaken by Queen Sofia of Spain

291px-Personal_Coat_of_arms_of_Sofia%2C_Queen_of_Spain.svg.png

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Last edited:
This isn't a current event, but since there isn't a general news thread about Sofia, I thought I'd post this here. Moderators; please feel free to move if this is in the incorrect place.

Queen Sofia has been allowed to spend a few days in Geneva with Infanta Cristina and her family. Noblesse & Royautes have predicted that from now on, Sofia will spend more time with Cristina and her family:

La reine Sophie d’Espagne : séjour à Genève

Will Queen Sofia continue with her official duties? I hope she does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are Sofia's events not listed on casareal anymore?

In this event Queen Sofia was not accompanied by regional or local authorities, so I guess it was more a personal event that official.

Probably now they will be more strict with what is considered an official event and what not, and will be on the agenda only those events when she officially represents the king. The queen used to fill her calendar with less official events, as attendance at some concerts, now I believe that such activities will be considered personal.

Thanks. I guess most of Sofia's events don't count as 'representing the King' (and you are quite right, this is the way it was before), yet her work is related to the crown and the position she has held and still holds (rank-wise), she is still a member of the royal family, so its a shame we don't see listed when she is supporting her good causes that will reflect well on the royal family.

The social activity of the queen, was much institutional activity, in most social activities she represented the State (the King as Head of State), and was accompanied by political authorities. Normally the presence of political authorities in an event marks the difference between institutional events, and those that can be considered more private.

Her annual trip of cooperation, is a trip organized by the Spanish Cooperation Agency, under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to visit projects that the Spanish cooperation develops.

She was Honorary Chairwoman of numerous social organizations, some as Queen of Spain and others as personal interest. For example, now the honorary presidency of the Spanish Red Cross has passed to Felipe and Letizia, but Queen Sofia probably continue to support the Foundation for Help Against Drug abuse.

Now she will probably have more private acts with her foundation. But the great project of her Foundation, which is Alzheimer's project, takes many of its activities in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and public research institutes... and these activities may still be institutional.

In Spain most of the activities of the Royal Family are very institutionalized, except some audiences and meetings of foundations they personally support, they are almost always accompanied by a Minister or a Secretary of State.

Thanks for explaining. Question is, why was it listed before, to look more busy? My point is that it doesnt do any harm listing it, I've seen a lot more fluffy events on a royal agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom