Queen Sofia and Princess Tatiana Radziwill

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zarzuela

Nobility
Country
Thailand
Can someone please give me further details of who is Princess Tatiana Radziwill and how she is related to Queen Sofia? All I know is that they are related to each other and are very good friends as well. Princess Tatiana has spent summers in Mallorca with the Spanish Royals, and she has been invited to events like the royal wedding in Madrid and attended Leonor's baptism.I have been trying to do dome reserach on the Internet but haven't found a good deal of information so far. All I know is that the Radziwill family name comes from Poland. Further information will be much appreciated. Thanks.

2g) Dominik Reiner Karl Hieronymus Maria Nicolaus Alphons (Balice 23 Jan 1911-Geneva 19 Nov 1976); m.1st Paris 30 May 1938 (div 1946) Pss Eugenie of Greece and Denmark (Paris 10 Feb 1910-Geneva 13 Feb 1989); m.Rome 2d 8 Jan 1947 Lida Lacey Bloodgood (b.New York City 1 Feb 1923)
1h) Tatiana Maria Renata Eugenia Elisabeth Margarete (b.Rouen 28 Aug 1939); m.Athens 24 Mar 1966 Jean Henri Fruchaud (b.Paris 1 Apr 1937)
1i) Fabiola Fruchaud, b.Paris 7 Feb 1967; m.St.Tropez 27 Aug 1994 Thierry Georges Philippe Herrmann (b.Maison Lafitte 20 Dec 1965)
1j) Titiana Herrmann, b.31 Jul 1996
2i) Alexis Fruchaud, b.Paris 25 Nov 1969; m.St.Tropez 2002 Natalie Chandler

Pss Eugenia was a daughter of Prince Giorgios and Marie Bonaparte. Giorgios was a brother of King Konstantinos I of Hellens who was a father of 3 Kings of Hellens- Giorgios II, Alexandros and Pavlos - father of Queen Sofia of Spain.
http://pages.prodigy.net/ptheroff/gotha/radziwill.html
http://pages.prodigy.net/ptheroff/gotha/greece.html
Relationship (sorry only by Polish)
http://geneweb.inria.fr/roglo?lang=pl;em=R;ei=26344;long=on;spouse=on;et=M;color=;i=230345

Some update:
Fabiola Fruchaud divorced and remarried Didier Fradin.
They have a son together, Edouard (*2007)
Alexis and Natalie Fruchaud have a daughter Thalia (*2008)

Source: Dan Willis and Hein Bruins on Nobiliana

Zarzuela, You started a very interesting thread about one of the most beautiful Princesses.
She is still very close to Queen Sophia, We saw Mrs Taiania Fruchaud nest to the Queen at Prince Nicolas's wedding this summer.

I read somewhere that Queen said that her only friends are her sister Princess Irene and her cousin,Princess Tatiana...

I read somewhere that Queen said that her only friends are her sister Princess Irene and her cousin,Princess Tatiana...

Exact! I read the book "the Queen" being a long interview of Quuen Sofia to a Spanish journalist, when she discuss her life, since her childhood. She talks very often about Tatiana Radzwill, they ahev always been very close.
I do not really remember her face, can someone post a pic?

fandesacs2003 said:
Exact! I read the book "the Queen" being a long interview of Quuen Sofia to a Spanish journalist, when she discuss her life, since her childhood. She talks very often about Tatiana Radzwill, they ahev always been very close.

Is Princess Tatiana Radzwill any relation to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis' ex-brother-in-law - her sister, Princess Lee Radzwill's, ex?

I'm somewhat surprised by this. The Queen resonates a real warmth and sincerity. Both are, imo, attractive qualities in any person.

Perhaps it's a matter of trust and discretion.

Last edited:

Ive also read somewhere that Queen Sofia has said "Royals doesn't have friends, they have family"

Is Princess Tatiana Radzwill any relation to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis' ex-brother-in-law - her sister, Princess Lee Radzwill's, ex?

Prince Stanislav (Lee's ex) and Tatiana while they belong to the same royal house, any relation is pretty distant. There seem to be many branches of the family, and going back at least four generations, I cant find any connection.

Prince Stanislav (Lee's ex) and Tatiana while they belong to the same royal house, any relation is pretty distant. There seem to be many branches of the family, and going back at least four generations, I cant find any connection.

I'm from Poland and while this family is of the highest nobility they are not royalty.

Is there any picture of Princess Tatiana Radziwill in the wedding of Felipe and Letizia?

Thanks for sharing ! I like this Princess , now Madame Fauchaud who has ahappy life. She is the famous Marie Bonaparte, Princess of Greece Grand Daughter

Both being members of the same House of Radziwill means that, of course, they are related.

But, their closest connection is that they are 5th cousins 2 times removed, both being descendants of Markgraf Friedrich Wilhelm von Brandenburg-Schwedt(1700-1771) and Princess Sophie Dorothea of Prussia(1719-1765).

If we count their closest Radziwill descent they are 7th cousins both being descendants of Prince Dominik Radziwill(1643-1697) and Princess Anna Marianna Polubinska(1650-1690).

Who is Tatiana?

From 2005 no one has been able to answer your inquire!

Well, I'm no expert, but I have investigated the family for decades and everyone that I try to contact that was alive in Princess Marie's time, have died. In the early 1980s she sent an envoy representative to inquire of me and my family. At first I didn't recognize her name and at the time, it wasn't very important to me. I met Tatiana's mother in the early 1950s.

The person that you are asking about is the same person that I have been trying to re-contact until she passed away. Her name is Princess Tatiana, daughter of Marie Blanc, De Bonaparte, Radziwill, Daughter of Prince Roland, wife of Prince George of Greece.

Many time, I had wished that someone would have been considerate enough, to have shared some of this same information with me when I was younger. During those days, everyone wanted to keep it all a secret. But fear not, I already know who she was and who she was to me. :bonaparte:

Ciao

I wonder how funny JC life was with so many close friends&family of Sofia around always, average men do not like this;-)
I doubt Sofia is the saint many believe, there is always two sides of a medal and to me the while thing looks pretty hypocritical, as if she did not profit from JC income...

:previous: Men have issues with their wives having friends? Wow. That's pathetic at best. I could see being jealous if they were male friends she was taking vacations with. But then again with his own 'friends' he has little room to complain if she had.

Unlike Irene who has lived in the palace with them, Tatiana is not a house guest. And even Irene it wasn't like they live in a two bedroom flat and she is right on top of the couple all of the time.

But yes there is no doubting Sofia will have benefited from any financial gains of her husband. Just like Cristina benefited from her husband's financial escapades. The question is did she know what her husband was up to? Was she knowingly part of any fraud on his part? This is what saved Cristina from the same fate as her husband. And which has Sofia not facing exile with JC.

All royals, men and women have close friends. Its not surprising she has chosen family as her close friends. She can count on them for their discretion in what she does and what she talks to them about.

As the Marriage of JC & Sofia was an 'arranged' thing; and for many years only a 'working' relationship and not a private one; i doubt that she was much in the picture what JC did. He wouldn't have told her - much too much of a macho, and too much involved with his ladyfriends. He clearly used the money as he wished without consulting his wife.

The two lived very much separat already for a very long time; only very few public pictures now and then.

Queen Sofia and Princess Tatiana Radziwiłł seems to be close cousins they had a resemblance of each other as children from the photos I've seen.

As the Marriage of JC & Sofia was an 'arranged' thing; and for many years only a 'working' relationship and not a private one; i doubt that she was much in the picture what JC did. He wouldn't have told her - much too much of a macho, and too much involved with his ladyfriends. He clearly used the money as he wished without consulting his wife.

The two lived very much separat already for a very long time; only very few public pictures now and then.

Although if we look at some photos from the 60's and early 70's there does appear to have been strong chemistry between them. We will probably never know the full story of their engagement and marriage until well after both are gone. Undoubtedly Sofia fell in love with JC, as a princess that had lived a relatively sheltered life. After the birth of their 3 children things must have changed. Sofia with her strong sense of duty and upbringing to noblesse oblige carried on keeping up appearances. JC himself is said to have referred to Sofia as a "great professional".

:previous: Men have issues with their wives having friends? Wow. That's pathetic at best. I could see being jealous if they were male friends she was taking vacations with. But then again with his own 'friends' he has little room to complain if she had.

Unlike Irene who has lived in the palace with them, Tatiana is not a house guest. And even Irene it wasn't like they live in a two bedroom flat and she is right on top of the couple all of the time.

All royals, men and women have close friends. Its not surprising she has chosen family as her close friends. She can count on them for their discretion in what she does and what she talks to them about.
some men do, and so do some women. Ad its possible that if Sofia did have her sister close by all the time, it might have irritated him and he preferred being wiht hs mistresses...

Back
Top Bottom