King Juan Carlos's Onomástica (Saint's Day): June 24, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xicamaluca

Courtier
City
Portugal
Country
Portugal
I belive that tomorrow we will have alot of pics and news from Spain. King Juan Carlos will celebrate his saint day (something like the Queen Day in the Netherlands ;))

This will be the first public appearence of the Crown Princes after their honeymoon :)

You can add here all the news and pics from this day :flower:

The celebrations will take place tomorrow in the Royal Palace of Madrid. The entire spanish royal family will be present ;)

It's already known that the spanish constituition makers will be graced with a decoration (the "Collar de la Orden del Mérito Civil") by the King :)

The celebrations started with a religious service at Zarzuela Palace. There was there the Kings, the Princes of Asturias, the Dukes of Lugo, the Dukes of Palma and their children. Later they will be in the Royal Palace of Madrid ;)

Caption:
MADRID, SPAIN: Crown Prince Felipe ® and his wife Princess Letizia chat in the Royal Palace in Madrid 24 June 2004 during the ceremony of the Saint Day of King Juan Carlos of Spain. AFP PHOTO/ PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU (Photo credit should read PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU/AFP/Getty Images)

2 (pic originaly posted by agm in the Felipe and Letizia news thread)

It is a bit a pity that she doens't wear a new suit/outfit......

But they look great, altough I'm not sure of Felipe's beard though :mrgreen:

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jun 24th, 2004 - 9:36 am
It is a bit a pity that she doens't wear a new suit/outfit......

But they look great, altough I'm not sure of Felipe's beard though :mrgreen:
The other Princesses recycle their outfits too :flower: I think its nice that she wear it again because there's not much pics of that outfit when she first wear it. Felipe's beard reminds me of Haakon :lol:

yes, and look at the official wedding stamp too :(

The spanish royal family it's known for not spending too much money taking official pics :p That's why they used those pics in the stamp and for Letizia as official pic. They don't have an official photografer and The pics from the Royal House Website are from EFE, spanish news agency.

But is very likely that soon Letizia will have a studio official pic, just like they other memebrs of the royal family ;)

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jun 25th, 2004 - 12:55 am
Felipe's tie matches the Queen's outfit while the King's tie matches Letizia's :flower:
Funny :p I didn't notice that ;)

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Jun 24th, 2004 - 7:22 pm
The spanish royal family it's known for not spending too much money taking official pics :p That's why they used those pics in the stamp and for Letizia as official pic. They don't have an official photografer and The pics from the Royal House Website are from EFE, spanish news agency.

But is very likely that soon Letizia will have a studio official pic, just like they other memebrs of the royal family ;)
But this is better than the one they chose, IMO. And there are so much better shots (from that occasion/first presentation) than the one they chose for the stamp. As for Letizia's official pic, they could have posted at least a smiling Letizia. Or is there something going on? :huh:

It's very normal that happen ;) I've seen awfull pics from the other members in the Royal Website. Ones that realy make you think "OMG, why they added this" :p If you see Jaime and Iñki also doesn't look very well :wacko:

For the Letizia pic, was the only realy closeup only from her with a serious face. In the official pics of the spanish royals they don't smile too much (the most smily are Cristina and the Queen and is not a full smile) :p and in almost pics Felipe was next to her, so there wasn't much choise ;)

ok, hopefully they'll post new set of photos this Christmas :flower:

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:27 am
ok, hopefully they'll post new set of photos this Christmas :flower:
It's almost certain that we will have a family pic for Christmas :flower: Well, only if the Kings decided to made another wonderful pic with their grandchildren :heart: , but i bet that will be a family pic this year ;)

About a real official pic of Letizia, i've read that will probably appear after the summer and that will also be an official one of the Princes of Asturias. Let's hope so :flower:

Ahhhh..... too bad Felipe isn't original with his beard. Haakon grew one too, didn't he, sort of after he got married?

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 25th, 2004 - 5:16 am
Ahhhh..... too bad Felipe isn't original with his beard. Haakon grew one too, didn't he, sort of after he got married?
Felipe already wear beard in 95 and in the end of 98 (or 99, i don't remember well :p ). The King also wore beard some years ago, but some skin problems made him leave :wacko:

So, it's normal that Felipe, once a while, let his beard grow :p

Beard:
I suppose it doesn't matter a whit if Letizia is not in favour? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom