King Juan Carlos's Health Issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
King Juan Carlos will be 40 years on the throne in November 2015,a pretty significant date for him and Spain,I'd imagine that by hook or by crook (no pun intended), His Majesty will hang on in there to mark that anniversary. What happens after than,Lord knows!

Yes..my point of bias is sooooo clear here..
You believe the King knows everything about Noos scandal, and at the same time you believe Queen Juliana doesnt know anything about Lockheed scandal..IT IS JUST YOUR BELIEF..In both cases..

Except that we DO KNOW that the King found out about Noos several years back, demanded that Inaki leave and when he did not found him a job in D.C.

And we have NO evidence that Juliana knew. I asked you for some evidence, none was provided and you are assuming she did know. I am not assuming that the king knew - we know he did. :lol:

And we have NO evidence that Juliana knew. I asked you for some evidence, none was provided and you are assuming she did know. I am not assuming that the king knew - we know he did. :lol:

OK since you dont wanna leave this..
Please check Wiki on Lockheed scandal..
"Queen Juliana has threatened to abdicate if her husband was prosecuted"..
Do you need anything more?

OK since you dont wanna leave this..
Please check Wiki on Lockheed scandal..
"Queen Juliana has threatened to abdicate if her husband was prosecuted"..
Do you need anything more?

She did yes,after PM Den Uyl informed her as to the findings of the research.Not before,not ever before!!She was utterly and visibly shocked when she found out...Be sure to be well informed before reactions...!..And,in that case Princess Beatrix would have refused to be the next Monarch.So much for love of pappie as Bernhard was called at home.
Yes,so?What's so special and why is it necessary for others to bring this up in a totally inappropiate thread concerning the health of the King.Not the old out in the open history of the 70's.Big deal...Bernhard stepped down from all his functions and that was that and we all lived happily ever after.Next!

And as for spain and it's rags & rumours!!It is Notorious for just that...No proof for anything except pages one with an extra grey cell doesn't read.
Untill anything is proven:It's just crap for crapule.Nada mas!

Last edited:
Don't think you can compare JC to some 'young' 'healthy' men in a wheelchair. Had JC sat on the wheelchair, all those surgeries would have been avoided (doubt it) ? With the lifestyle he led all these years and bad genes in the family, his whole body is falling apart, if not hip, it would be knees, disk, lung, who knows what is next.

Neither were young nor were they both men. They were people "of a certain age" who were more or less permanently wheelchair bound. Being in a wheelchair did not mean they could not lead productive lives and carry out the functions of their vice regal offices. Being in a wheel chair did not in any way hamper their mental capacity.

Last edited:
Oh my those girls have gotten so tall! And of course beautiful. So glad they are going to see their grandfather.
And I have to say this, but gracious how HOT is Felipe these days. That man just keeps getting better with age. ;)

Wheelchair?

In the US, President Franklin Roosevelt managed to win 4 elections, end the Depression, and prosecute WWII while in a wheelchair. I do believe that was a bit more difficult than being a King, so surely JC shouldn't have to abdicate just because he might not be able to walk.

Oh my those girls have gotten so tall! And of course beautiful. So glad they are going to see their grandfather.
And I have to say this, but gracious how HOT is Felipe these days. That man just keeps getting better with age. ;)

I agree with both of the highlighted comments! I imagine that Sofia will end up being taller than Leonor; in this photo they look like they're the same hight, but in others Sofia looks a little smaller. On another note, I like their outfits. Their tops are cute. In the photo I linked, there's a woman in the crowds wearing a bright blue top and white trousers who I think looks a lot like Infanta Cristina; but I'm guessing it's not her.

Neither were young nor were they both men. They were people "of a certain age" who were more or less permanently wheelchair bound. Being in a wheelchair did not mean they could not lead productive lives and carry out the functions of their vice regal offices. Being in a wheel chair did not in any way hamper their mental capacity.

I know they were people of a certain age, that's why I said 'young' with ''. They were young compared to JC who is 75, most importantly they didn't have 8 operations during a period of 2 1/2 years while holding their office. Any high politician or minister who is 75 with 8 surgeries the last 2 1/2 years likely would have asked to retire or resign.

Last edited:
Any high politician or minister who is 75 with 8 surgeries the last 2 1/2 years likely would have asked to retire or resign.

If people want a politician as a head of state who can be asked to resign because he or she has had 8 surgeries at the age of 75 then why don't they get one. Juan Carlos is a monarch, not a politician.

Really I think what people want right now does not matter much. And this debate is not going anywhere.

This is a question of power and money... an old generation rooted in the power and privilege, which is ready for anything as long as nothing changes ... and a younger generation, with another view of the world, frustrated by the lack of opportunities to generate a transition. And that affects from the Crown to ordinary citizens, of one form or another, affects all society.

The king is the symbol of a system, of a generation, of a way of doing things ... and if that changes, that would generate other changes. While things do not change, all maintain their status, and now everything goes to maintain things as they are. Although this crumbling system and citizens claim changes.

This new surgery has disrupted the campaign to restore the prestige of the king... this week the king leaves the hospital, and I fear that he will not opt for the slow recovery that doctors recommend. Too many months, too many important events... a king forcing everything to come to the foreground, and a prince allow to do only what is strictly necessary.

And at this time the Princess is the weak element that they use to ensure that, easy victim to which is easier to attack without mercy. She is a dispensable element and they will not mind getting rid of her to achieve their goals.

In the US, President Franklin Roosevelt managed to win 4 elections, end the Depression, and prosecute WWII while in a wheelchair. I do believe that was a bit more difficult than being a King, so surely JC shouldn't have to abdicate just because he might not be able to walk.

Well to be fair, in the early days Roosevelt was rarely photographed in a wheelchair. And the press of yesterday while intrusive is not the same press of today, with literally everyone with the Iphone having the ability to serve as a Paparazzi.

Regardless, not being able to walk properly, or walking with the assistance of a cane is not a legitimate reason to abdicate IMO. He might need to slow down for a bit but that it. Its not affecting his mind.

Back
Top Bottom