The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2013, 06:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Medical Part 1

http://www.casareal.es/ES/Documents/...3%A9dico_1.pdf

Old 11-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if Cristina will be paying a discreet visit at a later date.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if Leonor and Sofia know their way around that whole darn hospital by now that they can director other visitors.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I wonder if Leonor and Sofia know their way around that whole darn hospital by now that they can director other visitors.
Quite likely they do.
BTW how are things in Giraffe land?
Old 11-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Lovely photos of the two Infantas, they are adorable and I would imagine that they've cheered their grandfather up. On another note, nine operations within three years is a lot!

You can find more photos of the Spanish Royals visiting Juan Carlos on Getty Images, I'm not sure how to retrieve a gallery though: Search - Getty Images UK: Royalty

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Nobility

Very pretty Infantas!!
Leonor and Sofía are soooo adorable
Old 11-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Sofia and infanta Cristina visit Kin Juan Carlos

http://estaticos04.elmundo.es/assets...2074903636.jpg
http://static01.diariodenavarra.es/u...y_bd1f53bd.jpg

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_esp...arte-medico/1/
Old 11-24-2013, 06:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Fotografía 70135 Europapress - Chance

its such a farce to see cristina there, smiling with her mother. if she wanted to see her father so desperately she could have gone discreetly through another entrance, but no, there has to be the big show, with her secretary and the head of the royal household, yes, we get it, she is still very much part of this family. and how ridiculous this whole thing is, i mean the king has a scheduled operation on the hip, is it really necessary that the queen, felipe or the president rajoy line up to give press conferences in front of the hospital? what a ridiculous show off. even worse when you live abroad like cristina, i can only speak for myself but i would never fly in from switzerland to see my father who is in hospital for only a couple of days with a scheduled operation, in the best of hands, with other family members gushing around him, with the possiblity of phone or skype at hand, unless, of course, i have nothing better to do than to convince people that i am such an important member of this family and other people provide so graciously for my income that i can fly back and forth from geneva just for a photo op.

this family has understood nothing and is so out of touch, i cant even put it in words. at least we didnt have to see urdangarin entering the hospital this time.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

This time she left the secretary at home... she really doesn´t know how to behave discreet and humble way, she wants to pose for a photo with a smile and waving as if the press loves her.

On visits, it is something cultural, in Spain is not strange if a patient receives daily visits from his family and friends, in many cases the standard is that the family take turns to accompany each day. I think the king even receives fewer visits than would be normal.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
This time she left the secretary at home... she really doesn´t know how to behave discreet and humble way, she wants to pose for a photo with a smile and waving as if the press loves her.

On visits, it is something cultural, in Spain is not strange if a patient receives daily visits from his family and friends, in many cases the standard is that the family take turns to accompany each day. I think the king even receives fewer visits than would be normal.
thanks lula, i thought it was him on this picture
http://img2.europapress.net/fotoweb/..._70134_980.jpg
but i can be wrong. i recognized spottorno on other pictures.

yes, it must be another culture then. in some countries i know people will avoid going to hospitals to visit unless its urgent or serious.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Infanta Elena with her son Felipe and infanta Cristina visited the king today

La Infanta Elena y la Infanta Cristina visitan al Rey en el hospital - ABC.es

Photo

http://cdnnet1.kalooga.com/thumb?url...t&size=960x960
Old 11-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke, are you feeling well ?
Old 11-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would find it extremely odd if the closest family members don't visit the patient at the hospital, if he/she stays there longer than a day. In Finland it is a normal custom to visit their loved ones. But of course Cristina didn't have to make such a show of her visit, she could have arrived disreetly.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Felipe visited King Juan Carlos tonight before traveling to Brazil

El Prncipe Felipe visita al Rey horas antes de viajar a Brasil | Espaa | EL MUNDO
Old 11-24-2013, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I would find it extremely odd if the closest family members don't visit the patient at the hospital, if he/she stays there longer than a day. In Finland it is a normal custom to visit their loved ones. But of course Cristina didn't have to make such a show of her visit, she could have arrived disreetly.
I don't think its just a normal custom in Finland...its a normal custom for anyone anywhere in the world who has a family member that they care about spending the night (heck a couple of hours) in the hospital.

And call me silly, but I don't think its ridiculous that the family is speaking about the King, his operation and his health at a press conference. Last time I checked, he is still the King right? Shouldn't the country be concerned about his health, his spirits, and his recovery?

Call me silly again, but don't we as royal watchers who joined a royal forum to discuss all things royal have an interest in this family? What they think? how they interact with each other? If we express this interest on the internet from all parts of the world...why shouldn't the people of Spain (who actually have a vested interest in this family) have the same questions? And they would want to get these answers from the family.

In regards to Cristina...she can't win with some of you guys. Why should she hide while visiting her father? He is her FATHER for goodness sake! If she had visited him without appearing in public...the same people criticizing her now would have found something else to be critical of.

Amazing.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I don't think its just a normal custom in Finland...its a normal custom for anyone anywhere in the world who has a family member that they care about spending the night (heck a couple of hours) in the hospital.

And call me silly, but I don't think its ridiculous that the family is speaking about the King, his operation and his health at a press conference. Last time I checked, he is still the King right? Shouldn't the country be concerned about his health, his spirits, and his recovery?

Call me silly again, but don't we as royal watchers who joined a royal forum to discuss all things royal have an interest in this family? What they think? how they interact with each other? If we express this interest on the internet from all parts of the world...why shouldn't the people of Spain (who actually have a vested interest in this family) have the same questions? And they would want to get these answers from the family.

In regards to Cristina...she can't win with some of you guys. Why should she hide while visiting her father? He is her FATHER for goodness sake! If she had visited him without appearing in public...the same people criticizing her now would have found something else to be critical of.

Amazing.
Thanks, great post.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:53 AM
Serene Highness

Originally Posted by LadyFinn
I would find it extremely odd if the closest family members don't visit the patient at the hospital, if he/she stays there longer than a day. In Finland it is a normal custom to visit their loved ones. But of course Cristina didn't have to make such a show of her visit, she could have arrived discreetly.

Zonk,
Given the situation in Spain and the financial mess(the stealing of money that was to go to help the people of Spain) that it seems (from what is being reported around the world about her and her husband) that a bit of discretion on her part would have been in order. There really is no need for her to be seen in public doing anything at this time. Yes this is the royal family and even they should not be above the law of the land, there is always something said about being discreet. I am of the old school that honesty is the best policy and there seems to be a lot of dishonesty in this royal family with the exception of CPF/CPL and their family. I know that nobody is perfect yet the way that some people think that just because your royal (being born royal is just an accident of birth no more no less) your entitled to anything you want in life when in all sense of the word *royal* there should come a great sense of responsibility towards the position, and not to take advantage of that position while others suffer.

Tags
king juan carlos, king juan carlos health, spains king