Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

PPE Agency
Old 03-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

I am having a laugh at these choreographed visits whenever the King is in hospital.

This time I notice that a lot of people come and visit the King, including those who I would not expect, like JAIME PENAFIEL, yes, the bitter old guy who badmouthes Letizia so much and who doesnt have a clue about what is going on in the royal house - as I am reading on this forum - , so I wonder why he can just walk into the hospital and visit the King, having a chat on the way with the head of the royal household, Rafael Spottorno
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/J...0uOiWoTMHl.jpg

Carlos Revenga, the Infanta's secretary (who supposedly knows all the secrets), isn't this a statement?
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...C5zjnfLUGl.jpg

But, as the pictures indicate, lots of people are making their pilgrimage into the hospital, this time Inaki is not among them, maybe he got banned this time

Interesting, what kind of people the King wants to have around him when he has an operation, apart from his eversmiling family.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

Thank God I was not born a royal, with all of the drama my family loves to create over things like routine scans, I could just imagine what they'd all do if we were in the exact position of the Bourbons at this time. I guarantee I'd be showing up at the hospital drunk just to deal with all of it, and I'd be shutting off my phone well before trip.

I too have noticed all the drama surrounding these visits. The Asturias family in particular seems to be cast first and foremost in the role of smoke and mirrors. It seems that these two little girls are trotted out at such times in order to remind people that much better times lie ahead. The are the Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret Rose to the dastardly Edward VIII, and the treacherous Wallis, but the stakes are so much higher. One wonders what sort of subconscious pressures are placed on these two little ones, or conscious ones, i.e., "Don't even think of uttering a peep or looking sideways at your sister during that visit to hospital," and that sort of thing.

I'd like to have a drink and some tapas with Leti and find out what all of this stuff means to the family.

I know it's hard enough watching the elders in the family age and slowly decline, but the psychological baggage surrounding a King's decline must be even greater.

I suppose I am way, way off topic here. Sorry! We giraffes find it difficult to stay on topic. Perhaps we need a thread where I can say whatever I want whenever I want.....
Old 03-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

I suppose I am way, way off topic here. Sorry! We giraffes find it difficult to stay on topic. Perhaps we need a thread where I can say whatever I want whenever I want.....
Oh no, GracieGiraffe! Keep on going with your posts, they´re amusing and you definitely has many interesting points of view

And I don´t think this is OT at all, we´re all discussing the though times this family is going through and every opinion is welcomed and appreciated, at least for me.

I agree with you, I really would like to be a fly on Zarzuela´s window and just hear every conversation there.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 03-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duke, Peñafiel didn´t visit the King. He just spoke with Sporttorno and Ayuso, as many other journalists spoke... they were smart enough to avoid Peñafiel´s show. He was there a few minutes to be photographed while the king was in surgery, it was fun listening to journalists and photographers covering the information in the hospital laughed at his ridiculous attempt to appear in the media.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Duke, Peñafiel didn´t visit the King. He just spoke with Sporttorno and Ayuso, as many other journalists spoke... they were smart enough to avoid Peñafiel´s show. He was there a few minutes to be photographed while the king was in surgery, it was fun listening to journalists and photographers covering the information in the hospital laughed at his ridiculous attempt to appear in the media.
I though the same when I saw the images. I would never think that the King would receive the old Peña at his hospital room, but who knows? He´s doing such strange things lately...

Revenga´s visit is more worrying, IMO

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Zarzuela prepares the next return of the King to the public activity

hola.com

Zarzuela prepara la próxima reincorporación del Rey a la actividad pú | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Old 04-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Zarzuela prepares the next return of the King to the public activity

hola.com

Zarzuela prepara la próxima reincorporación del Rey a la actividad pú | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
The King returns to his public duties next week

El Rey reanuda el lunes su actividad pública, un mes y medio después de su o | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Old 06-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M.King Juan Carlos describes his health as a 'matter of screws' from hola.com

Don Juan Carlos califica su estado de salud como un 'asunto de tornillos' | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Old 06-29-2013, 01:23 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

the article says that the King has lost weight, 10 kilos, it shows on recent pictures.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M.King Juan Carlos walks for the first time with one crutch at an audience in Zarzuela from Hola.com

Don Juan Carlos camina por primera vez con una sola muleta en una audiencia en Zarzuela
Old 07-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
the article says that the King has lost weight, 10 kilos, it shows on recent pictures.
I have to agree. He's lost the very puffy and swollen look.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Spain's King Juan Carlos Downplays Health Issues | HispanicallySpeakingNews.com
Old 07-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yes so it seems,His Majesty is looking a lot fitter of late.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From hola

El Rey confiesa que se va a tomar su recuperación con más tranquilidad: 'Voy | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Old 09-13-2013, 03:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king looks quite fragile at the audience on Thursday. The article writes that the king has seen stumble and slip out alarmingly.
El rey a punto de caerse durante una audiencia en la Zarzuela - Noticias Nacional - INFORMATIVOS
Translation

Tags
king juan carlos, king juan carlos health, spains king