King Juan Carlos's Annual Christmas Speech: 1975-2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xicamaluca

Courtier
City
Portugal
Country
Portugal
King juan Carlos, yesterday, during his traditional Christmas message on TVE :flower:

Attachments

• rey.JPG
    rey.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 414
Last edited by a moderator:
Polfoto 25-12-2004 Spains King Juan Carlos makes his traditional televised speech in Madrid, Saturday Dec, 24, 2004. The King paid a tribute to victims of the March 11 train bombings and expressed his solidarity with their families and said relatives of the 191 people who died in Spain's worst terrorist attack had his and his family's "deepest affection and understanding."

Attachments

• carlos.jpg
    carlos.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 297
  • carlos2.jpg
    carlos2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 315
Does anyone know if there is a link to watch or hear the King's Christmas speech? If so I would appreciate seeing/hearing it! Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Lyle said:
Does anyone know if there is a link to watch or hear the King's Christmas speech? If so I would appreciate seeing/hearing it! Thank you and Merry Christmas!

You can see the video and read the transcript on the Official webpage of the Royal House of Spain www.casareal.es

Ennyllorac said:
You can see the video and read the transcript on the Official webpage of the Royal House of Spain www.casareal.es
Thanks, Ennyllorac! I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction and I can't wait to sit down and watch it!

The king has sent a message to the coutries due to the tsunami victims.

Spain's King Juan Carlos speaks during his traditional television Christmas Message broadcasted on Saturday 24 December 2005, in Madrid, Spain. Juan Carlos asked the Spanish people for a commitment to fight against poverty, marginalization and social exclusion and stated that we cannot 'tolerate' that immmigration can be a synonyme of 'death, explotation or discrimination'.

article from terra : http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/rey_moderacion_sosiego_superar_tensiones_657435.htm

Attachments

• 1701295efwefg.jpg
    1701295efwefg.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 348
  • 1701295ewgfg.jpg
    1701295ewgfg.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 544
Last edited:
From Getty :
Madrid, SPAIN: King Juan Carlos of Spain presents his Christmas wishes to the country 24 December 2005 from Zarzuela's Palace in Madrid.

ps. seeing the outline from the tiny tiny pic of king, felipe, and leonor, i think it's a great & precious one. if only they released this photo. (and if only they used this as their christmas card.. haha..)

Attachments

• 56485740.jpg
    56485740.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 284
  • 56485741.jpg
    56485741.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 421
Maybe that's why is was placed in such a strategic position that it can be seen on camera! Maybe the SRF are trying to make up for the Christmas card debacle! Also, the pic emphasizes the succession and continuity of the SRF and monarchy!

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:
From Getty :
Madrid, SPAIN: King Juan Carlos of Spain presents his Christmas wishes to the country 24 December 2005 from Zarzuela's Palace in Madrid.

ps. seeing the outline from the tiny tiny pic of king, felipe, and leonor, i think it's a great & precious one. if only they released this photo. (and if only they used this as their christmas card.. haha..)
It looks like was taken in the same day as the official pics of Leonor, the background and the clothes look the same :) Problably one of the private pics that weren´t published ;)

The photo is taken the day of Leonor's exit of the clinic. The message is recorded so evidently the day of Christmas Eve people work very little. This photography is placed there by an intention and a message. In the last years, the photo that is placed next to the King they have always some special meaning, especially if there is an important event throughout the year. Last year was the photo of the wedding of the Princes and the photo of the 25th Anniversary of Constitution two years ago.
Till now there was no photo of the King, the Prince and Leonor the three alone ones, I believe that they were guarding it for this moment because it is the speech of the King to all the citizens, that it is re-transmitted by all the channels of television. It gives me the impression of which it is the whole symbol, and a sample of support to leonor how future heiress.

Sure it is on purpose! For last year's message, there was a picture from Felipe and Letizia's wedding.

They sure could have realeased that picture....

This is the first time I have seen him giving the traditional Christmas message on TV. He looked very tired. Is he not well?

Anna_R said:
Sure it is on purpose! For last year's message, there was a picture from Felipe and Letizia's wedding.

They sure could have realeased that picture....

It surprises me that the King and Queen and the entire Spanish royal court are so conscientious about such details as placing a framed image of significance from the year into the scene when the King makes his speech, yet they would allow/permit such a badly photoshopped image of them and their grandchildren as their Christmas card which goes out to thousands of people around the world.

At any rate, now that the picture of the King, Felipe and Leonor has had its moment of significance and unveiling and such a place of honour in the King's speech, I hope that it will be released to the pubic now.

:king: Today, December 24th, at 21.00 (spanish time) is emitted the traditional message of His Majesty the King :king:

Thank you for the photos :flowers: The King looks very good, I think.

http://www.20minutos.es/data/img/2006/12/24/543743.jpg
What a strange thing... usually the photo that appears is a photo of family. I mean last year it was three different generations: the King, the Prince and Infanta Leonor; two years ago was a photo of the Princes' wedding, which had the Kings and the Princes. And this year we have the King talking with some ladies. :ermm:

Last edited:
...JuAnItA... said:
Thank you for the photos :flowers: The King looks very good, I think.

http://www.20minutos.es/data/img/2006/12/24/543743.jpg
What a strange thing... usually the photo that appears is a photo of family. I mean last year it was three different generations: the King, the Prince and Infanta Leonor; two years ago was a photo of the Princes' wedding, which had the Kings and the Princes. And this year we have the King talking with some ladies. :ermm:

Not always it has been a photo of family, other times have used images of an important event. Last two years have used a photo of the King, with the Prince and Leonor, and the image of the wedding of the Princes. But the year of 25 Anniversary of the Constitution was in use a photo of this commemoration.;)

I initially did not understand the photo, but after thinking it I believe that I have found an explanation. The photo is of the trip of the King in Canaries, is with a group of elders and persons with problems. The King has asked in his speech for political agreement and serenity, and has been precisely in the Law of dependence (of help to dependent persons, that is to say, elders, children, sick persons or with disabilities), where the most important political groups have agreed this year. With this a bit symbolic sense I have dealt the image.

lula said:
Not always it has been a photo of family, other times have used images of an important event. Last two years have used a photo of the King, with the Prince and Leonor, and the image of the wedding of the Princes. But the year of 25 Anniversary of the Constitution was in use a photo of this commemoration.;)

I initially did not understand the photo, but after thinking it I believe that I have found an explanation. The photo is of the trip of the King in Canaries, is with a group of elders and persons with problems. The King has asked in his speech for political agreement and serenity, and has been precisely in the Law of dependence (of help to dependent persons, that is to say, elders, children, sick persons or with disabilities), where the most important political groups have agreed this year. With this a bit symbolic sense I have dealt the image.
Thank you for the explanation, lula :flowers:

Thank you for posting the King's speech Lula. I thought it was a very good one. The king touched all important issues of the past year (and not only). It was obvious he would refer to the issue of terrorism, given all the recent events and those tragic deaths of the officers, whose funerals the Royal family attended.

Back
Top Bottom