King Juan Carlos's 70th Birthday Celebrations: January 5, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo of the session of photos of 60 birthday of the King. I wait that in few days they announce that this year we will have new photos on the occasion of 70 birthday.

http://i7.tinypic.com/8bpvc6q.jpg

Any news yet if there will be a photo session or a photo being published as the Kings' birthday is tomorrow and the papers would surely print such a photo tomorrow's issues.

This will be the first public occasion where Jaime will be missing (I guess he will be missing?) - a bit odd to see Elena on her own.

I believe this inviting of the members of the Government is nothing else than a usual New-Year-celebration mixed with his birthday. In other royal houses those New-year-celebrations are normal usus.
I find it quite unfair that some royals never really celebrate their (round) birthdays but go to any other birthday party they are invited to (f.i. Albert of Monaco) and never return the favour....
The same f.i. with Queen Beatrix. She never celebrates any of her birthdays by inviting foreign royals.

Queen Beatrix celebrated her 60th birthday 10 years ago very big with an Ball at the Royal Palace Amsterdam and a performace at the the Theatre. They also visited Palais het Loo. And for her 60th birthday there was also a ball at the Royal Palace Amsterdam as it was only 2 days before the Wedding of Willem-Alexander and Máxima.
And this year there will also a perfomance athe Theatere of The Hague for the joint birthday-celebration of Beatrix and Princess Margriet. Perhaps we will se some foreign royals there.

El Rey pasará su 70 cumpleaños en privado

The King will pass his 70 birthday privately

The King will pass tomorrow the day of his 70 birthday privately, as habitually the members of the Royal Family are accustomed to celebrate this type of anniversaries, has informed Efe a speaker of the House of the King.

Don Juan Carlos will offer next Wednesday, the 9th of January, a dinner in the Palace of El Pardo to the representatives of the high institutions of the State of 32 years of his reign, included the persons in charge of the Autonomous Communities.

The following day of his birthday, on January 6, Don Juan Carlos will preside in the Royal palace at the traditional celebration of the Pascua Militar, accompanied of the Queen and the Princes of Asturias.

Happy Birthday King Juan Carlos!:king: :flowers:

Happy Birthday to His Majesty! Thank you for the links. It was wonderful to see this program.

i don't mean to be disrespectful but i think the king is H.O.T. in his uniform, he may be seventy but imo he's sexier than his son today. So proud and handsome, i hope he had a wonderful birthday. thanks for all the links and videos, i can't understand a word but i could feel his strength and passion, he's a very admirable man.

Happy Birthday on King Juan Carlos 70th Birthday! King Juan Carlos is love husband with Queen Sofias marriage 46th Anniversary!!! King Juan Carlos is love father and father-in-law. He have many grandchildren!!!!

Instituciones felicitan al Rey y destacan su labor en defensa de democracia

Institutions congratulate the King and emphasize his labor in defense of democracy

Representatives of the most important institutions of the State have congratulated today to the King Juan Carlos for his seventy birthday and have emphasized the contribution of the monarch to the consolidation of the Spanish democracy.

http://www.canarias7.es/articulo.cfm?Id=79424

The King celebrates tomorrow his70 birthday with the personalities of his reign

King celebrates tomorrow his 70 years of life, which fulfilled last 5th, with a dinner in the Palace of El Pardo together with almost five hundred guests, the majority of they protagonists in 32 years of reign.

Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía, accompanied by the Princes of Asturias and the Infantas and by the family of the Monarch, will be present at this celebration in which the Monarch will declare a few words on the occasion of his anniversary, they informed to Efe sources of the House of the King.

The Court of the Borbones of El Pardo and the first floor that have been enabled for this dinner, the first one of these characteristics that the King celebrates since, till now, he had passed his birthdays in the intimacy, except ten years ago when he travelled to Bosnia to be with the Spanish troops in mission of peace.

Last edited:
I take it that this is the official celebration?

El cumpleaños del Rey reúne a Zapatero, Aznar, González y Calvo Sotelo | elmundo.es

The birthday of the King brings together Zapatero, Aznar, Gonzalez and Calvo Sotelo

The dinner with which the King celebrates his 70 birthdays brings together this night in the Palace of El Pardo 450 guests, most politicians and representatives of the institutions of the State. In addition, it has been the first occasion with which there coincided the current prime minister, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, with three of his predecessors, Jose Maria Aznar, Felipe González and Leopoldo Calvo Sotelo.
(...)

All of them, join numerous leaders of the political, they could taste the exquisite menu prepared for the occasion, composed by a stew of pilgrim's scallops with prawns, loin of sea bass to the soft oil and cake of lemon with raspberry.

Last edited:
Queen Sofia is wearing a red dress, the princess is wearing a dark outfit and Cristina too, Elena is wearing a .. pink? outfit.

I loved the speech of the Prince the fact that he talked to him like a son to a father and not like a Crown Prince to the King, was very touching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom