King Juan Carlos Hunting Accident & Trip To Africa: 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good to see they look embarrassed and annoyed by the headlines and do not pose smiling a la Queen Sofia as if everything was picture perfect.

I wonder what they say to JC and how they explain to their daughters that grandpa went to Africa to shoot elephants and got injured. The girls will be confronted with this topic in school, their classmates can read.

I hope a speedy recovery for the King. I guess now he should start taking it easy.

I hope a speedy recovery for the King. I guess now he should start taking it easy.

I do, too. Hopefully he'll be able to regain his strength and bounce back as quickly as possible, but he hasn't looked well for awhile now and has aged rapidly these past couple of years.

This has certainly been a rough patch for the Spanish royal family.

Good to see they look embarrassed and annoyed by the headlines and do not pose smiling a la Queen Sofia as if everything was picture perfect.

I wonder what they say to JC and how they explain to their daughters that grandpa went to Africa to shoot elephants and got injured. The girls will be confronted with this topic in school, their classmates can read.
That part of the trip is probably the easiest to explain.

it will be bad for Spain if the King abdicates. it will be the best if he will reign until his last breath, unless he would be not mentally capable to rule, so far is healthy enough to remain at his position.

I don't think so, it will be bad if he remains as the Head of the State, there are too much criticism to him, devasting critics, but they have kind words for Prince Felipe, he is ready to be the King, so let him be the King, I think he will connect with the young people, the people who right now want a Republic even if they don't have any idea of what have been a Republic for Spain.

Not a very good year for the Spanish Royal Family :( I wish HM a speedy recovery :)

I assume you mean pheasants, Mermaid. ;) I think royals shooting peasants really would cause an uproar :lol:.
I just snorted pelligrino laughing!

That`s exactly what I thought when I saw the photos. Just don`t pretend everything is fine when it`s clearly not. IMO hunting elephants is disgusting and I hope that Letizia and Felipe think the same. After all, in the light of recent events they seem to be the only sensible members of the SRF.

But it`s lovely to see Leonor and Sofia again, at least one positive thing.

Killing, a pleasure ? Especially animals which cannot really hide due to their size ! Horrible !

The thing that infuriates me about hunting and killing elephants is that there is no need to. They are not dangerous. They cannot be used for food. Their hides have no value as clothing or accessories material.

Not only is this cruel, it is wasteful. Shame on Juan Carlos! :bang:

The thing that infuriates me about hunting and killing elephants is that there is no need to. They are not dangerous. They cannot be used for food. Their hides have no value as clothing or accessories material.

Not only is this cruel, it is wasteful. Shame on Juan Carlos! :bang:

Of course they are used for food, why wouldn't they?

Hunters & Sportsman what does Elephant meat taste like?*? - Yahoo! Answers

Here is an account although I can not vouch for the accuracy of this particular post.

letizia does not at all look impressed in those photographs.

She really is lovely, imo.

I pray for the King's smooth recovery. Probably, His Majesty would want to reduce hunting activity and do some physical healthy exercises like jogging, riding horses, playing golf or simply walk around the palace because I see hunting can be tough considering for someone who has undergone few medical surgeries.

Queen Sofia visited King Juan Carlos at the hospital, as usual smiling and waving as if nothing were wrong. :ermm:
Gallery from Getty

Last edited:
Queen Sofia visited King Juan Carlos at the hospital, as usual smiling and waving as if nothing were wrong. :ermm:
Gallery from Getty

She would never compromise Juanito because she wants to see her son on the throne. Sofia is as old school royal as her husband. The show must go on.

Good to see that she is there, there would be even worse comments if she hadnt shown up. Juan Carlos will be ok soon, physically.

Apparently she spent a grand total of 15 minutes with the King, which rather speaks for itself.

:previous:
That's rather telling.
I fear that health issues are not going to be the only problems the King will face in the times to come.

What a loveless marriage it seems likely to be. I've read about the Kings supposed extramarital indiscretions from time to time and I truly feel for the Queen.

I once thought Juan Carlos rather suave and charasmatic, but in light of recent events and when reflecting upon what has otherwise been reported in regards to his affairs I now think His Majesty to be quite self indulgent.

Good for Sofia not cutting her holiday short. How embarrassing this all must be for her as well, though of course she is resolved to smile and wave it off. Outwardly attempting to signal that all is well when no doubt it is far from so. An expected response no less, but even so, she is quite the lady and she really deserves better from her husband. Anyone's partner would.

Here's hoping the King recovers well from the surgery and takes a long hard look in the mirror. He's not getting any younger so perhaps its about time he started righting any wrongdoings before it's too late.

Apparently she spent a grand total of 15 minutes with the King, which rather speaks for itself.
Long enough to give him a good whack over the head with her purse.

What a loveless marriage it seems likely to be. I've read about the Kings supposed extramarital indiscretions from time to time and I truly feel for the Queen.

Why do you assume that just because the King may be unfaithful to his wife their marriage is loveless? Fidelity does not equal love just as infidelity does not equal lack of love.

Back
Top Bottom