King Juan Carlos's Health Issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe completely off the topic..
But I just cant imagine my wife, kids, literally everyone just coming, staying for a while and going, just like some friends or distant relatives. Atleast one should be staying with him, right?
Is it just for royals or for all people in Europe and US etc? Even I am new to Canada and so different culture I guess..

But I just cant imagine my wife, kids, literally everyone just coming, staying for a while and going, just like some friends or distant relatives. Atleast one should be staying with him, right?
Is it just for royals or for all people in Europe and US etc? Even I am new to Canada and so different culture I guess..

I guess it depends on how serious his condition is,also remember that the King also needs plenty of rest and physiotherapy.Plus the royal family may have other engagements .I know when my mother was last in hospital we all took it in turns to visit but none of us stayed over.

The King's children and their families visited him in the hospital. Inaki is the King's daughter's husband. There is no reason why he should not visit his father-in law. Like most people in the civilized world, if you make a mistake you make it right and pay your price. We no longer hang people, cut off their hands or burn them on a pyre. Inaki is there as a family member and I am very happy the royal family is not treating him as a leper. I am sure he will pay the price for whatever wrong he has done ( and it seems also taking the blame so nothing will harm Christina??). The royal family owes him a lot if he is indeed making sure nothing will reflect on his wife.
I´m not sure if Iñaki´s situation is clear for everybody. He´s accused of using public money for paying a luxury palace where he and his family lived. Money that comes from the taxes that we, the Spaniards, pay even although times are gettind harder and harder for us.
I´m not sure if you know that the hospital where he´s visiting his f-i-l is an expensive private hospital, what they of course are paying with our taxes, while government is destroying the public health sistem that it seems we can´t afford. So I guess I, as Spanish, have the right to express my disgust for seeing that man there.
I don´t know either if all you are aware of the current economical situation of Spain, but I am, and believe me, when you have to see people you love having to surface economical difficulties, not knowing even if they are going to keep their job in the next months or how their future and their children´s is going to be in the next years, you become more than intolerant with corruption cases, and much more realuctant to "forgive".

Last edited:
It is nice the whole family showed up, even if it wasn't all at the same time. The sisters look really nice !! ;)

The photo of Infantas Pilar and Margarita is really nice and touching.

For me this showing up is a complete PR event. The operation was planned, there are no complications, but still the whole family shows up smiling. Usually a phone call would do, maybe the wife showing up in person.

Regarding the sisters, Pilar has complained in the past that her brother has never time to see her and hardly speaks to her because he is so busy, so she is taking her chance to see him at a place where he is stuck.

I really wonder whats going on inside the hospital, I highly doubt that the whole procession will stay in JCs room for long (or in some cases even make it into the room).

For me this showing up is a complete PR event. The operation was planned, there are no complications, but still the whole family shows up smiling. Usually a phone call would do, maybe the wife showing up in person.

Had they done that,we'd have people complaining that they were a cold and uncaring bunch,the only one who I was a bit surprised to see there was Don Iñaki Urdangarín.

Whether or not he actually went into visit the King who's in recovery I have no idea:D

The Prince of Asturias refuses to have his picture taken with Inaki Urdangarin.
El prncipe Felipe puso como condicin a la visita de Urdangarn no aparecer en la foto con l

In general, the press tends to condemn the appearance of Urdangarin and the Kings' apparent appeasement towards him
http://www.farodevigo.es/opinion/2012/11/27/rey-urdangarin/717830.html

Others feel sorry for Urdangarin because he if visibly suffering, his looks have deteriorated, he looks 20 years older and gaunt since the scandal broke
http://blogs.elconfidencialdigital.com/javierfumero/2012/11/27/urdangarin-esta-muy-desmejorado/

Last edited:

Regarding the sisters, Pilar has complained in the past that her brother has never time to see her and hardly speaks to her because he is so busy, so she is taking her chance to see him at a place where he is stuck.

I really wonder whats going on inside the hospital, I highly doubt that the whole procession will stay in JCs room for long (or in some cases even make it into the room).

Come on, afterall, they are family. Seeing him after a suegery is the minimum that is expected of them, leave what people or press thinks.
And if all they just 'would do' with a phone call, the whole press would have branded them as a kind of mediocre, disconnected, dysfunctional family. See the BRF is still not able to completely get rid of that tag. All European RFs have learnt from them and started staging all love and emotions in front of media.."See how close we are..See how much in love we are"..
And leaving all this aside I would have hated them if the King's children didnt even visit him..its ridiculous..

The King is not in the best of health and also aging fast. There are many possible complications after a surgery. To not visit could be a huge mistake if his health takes a turn for the worse. Anyone with a loved one in the hospital should visit and show their love and attention. It will have a great impact on the patients recovery. After all the King is their close relative.

The king "has reached the postoperative recovery and is in good condition for discharge", though, he will remain in the hospital "a few days" for physical therapy.

Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena have today visited him.

La reina y la infanta Elena visitan nuevamente al rey en el hospital ? Jefes de estado ? Noticias, última hora, vídeos y fotos de Jefes de estado en lainformacion.com

Photos

http://images.lainformacion.com/cms...vsHq9H7&time=1354109297&project=lainformacion
http://images.lainformacion.com/cms...juBgdL3&time=1354109297&project=lainformacion

Last edited:
It is nice the whole family showed up, even if it wasn't all at the same time. The sisters look really nice !! ;)

They look like dolls..especially the one on right..Margarita I guess:lol:

please stop all this Inaki bashing..he is being sufficiently 'punished' for wat all he has done. But telling him to be banished from family is not right. That is what family is. However we are, we are loved.
This Queen Mother school of thought 'never forgiving them for causing her husband's death' is just utter nonsense. No religion on earth teaches that.
The RF has distanced him from official events, legal proceedings are going on..so thats it. You just cant expect him to be totally thrown out..

Last edited:
please stop all this Inaki bashing..he is being sufficiently 'punished' for wat all he has done. But telling him to be banished from family is not right. That is what family is. However we are, we are loved.
This Queen Mother school of thought 'never forgiving them for causing her husband's death' is just utter nonsense. No religion on earth teaches that.
The RF has distanced him from official events, legal proceedings are going on..so thats it. You just cant expect him to be totally thrown out..

Lets not go off topic here,there's a separate thread to discuss the Duke Consorts shenanigans.

Inaki's former business investigated in a corruption case

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f117/inakis-former-business-investigated-in-a-corruption-case-32245-28.html#post1485448

Prince of Asturias has come tonight to the hospital where the king is hospitalized since last Friday for dinner with Don Juan Carlos before traveling to Mexico, where he will begin an official visit to attend the inauguration of the new Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto.

El príncipe cena con don Juan Carlos en el hospital antes de volar a México ? Jefes de estado ? Noticias, última hora, vídeos y fotos de Jefes de estado en lainformacion.com

Photo

http://images.lainformacion.com/cms...9HJOzr2&time=1354137984&project=lainformacion

Last edited:
That's good news for His Majesty!

Prince of Asturias has come tonight to the hospital where the king is hospitalized since last Friday for dinner with Don Juan Carlos before traveling to Mexico, where he will begin an official visit to attend the inauguration of the new Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto.

Hey its nice to hear this.
Maybe sort of 'briefing'/'taking advice'. I guess all CPs do such things before and after their foreign visits.
I wonder how does Prince Charles brief his mother or how she advises him:lol:.
Of course it is common sense that Charles is far more knowledgeable than his mom:flowers:
Sorry..off the topic..:ohmy:

Just another health problem for JC. His health has been declining fast.

:ermm::ohmy:
One comes after the other...

As he cannot move "properly" (one-sidied moves) due to the hip issue, now his back is affected.... Not good.... sooo many operations within a short time
BYe Bine

Back
Top Bottom