The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-25-2013, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hola

El Rey pasa su primera noche hospitalizado tras la operación de cadera | Realeza | Noticias hola.com

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_esp...-parte-medico/

Old 09-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos purepeople

Juan Carlos d'Espagne à l'hôpital : Visite des royaux, surpris par un homme nu !

Old 09-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

GracieG,
Well QMII has had hip or knee replacements. She was unable to make a state visit to Chile because she could not take the long journey. When she is out and about on engagements in Denmark her aids have a chair at the ready in case she feels pain and needs to sit awhile, No one seems to be calling for her to step aside or claiming she is too old and needs to be put out to pasture to let a younger generation take over.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
GracieG,
Well QMII has had hip or knee replacements. She was unable to make a state visit to Chile because she could not take the long journey. When she is out and about on engagements in Denmark her aids have a chair at the ready in case she feels pain and needs to sit awhile, No one seems to be calling for her to step aside or claiming she is too old and needs to be put out to pasture to let a younger generation take over.
That is understandable, if you think the possibility of Frederik as a King. Maybe the people in Denmark realize that he isn't ready for being a regent yet.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
That is understandable, if you think the possibility of Frederik as a King. Maybe the people in Denmark realize that he isn't ready for being a regent yet.
I dont think its that. Polls have shown that people support Frederik and think he is ready. Plus, Frederik has been regent (he is currently regent from the 21st to the 30th)

I think its more that people like the Queen and feel she has and is doing a good job. Plus abdication is not a tradition in Denmark.

back to the topic, I hope the King recovers and gets the rest he needs
Old 09-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
GracieG,
I think you're missing the overall point. If JC were the JC of old, the one who brought democracy to Spain and created all the "juan carlistas,", you'd have a point. I really don't believe people would be calling for him to step aside under the circumstances. When people call upon JC to step aside due to his knee, his hip, his age, it's really due to the underlying scandal, the underlying crimes which have allegedly been committed by members of his family and of which evidence indicates he had some knowledge and helped to arrange golden parachutes for his family. I know of no female monarch in even a remotely comparable situation.

I really don't see how anyone can overlook the Urdangarin situation when assessing the motivations and underlying prejudices of people who call for him and not Margrethe or Elizabeth or until recently Beatrix to step aside.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why Cristina must always have her secretary Carlos García Revenga with her?
Aren't there any less contradictory persons to take her to the hospital?
Old 09-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Because both infantas are living in another world, Revenga is a permanent character in their public and private life, and they do not seem to understand how harmful it is for the Crown that this man always appears beside them.

The Royal House should not allow it, he should be removed from all public activity until the courts resolve all doubts about him... but I imagine that the infantas defend him to the end.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Infanta Elena and her son Don Felipe Juan de Marichalar visit the King in hospital.

La infanta Elena y su hijo Felipe visitan al Rey
Old 09-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Spanish royal family rally round King Juan Carlos after hip operation

Spanish royal family rally round King Juan Carlos after hip operation - hellomagazine.com
Old 09-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Don Felipe: "El Rey está muy animado y con ganas de ponerse de pie" - ANTENA 3 TV Vídeo

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 09-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
La Reina y los príncipes de Asturias visitan al Rey · Lecturas.com · Última hora
(fotos,pics)
https://twitter.com/Lecturas/status/...443136/photo/1
La reina y los príncipes de Asturias visitan al rey después de la operación, Telediario - RTVE.es A la Carta vídeo

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 09-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Because both infantas are living in another world, Revenga is a permanent character in their public and private life, and they do not seem to understand how harmful it is for the Crown that this man always appears beside them.

The Royal House should not allow it, he should be removed from all public activity until the courts resolve all doubts about him... but I imagine that the infantas defend him to the end.
The dynamic is certainly fascinating, is it not?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:19 PM
Majesty

For how long Will jc recovervand Will felipe take on more duties during this time?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I think you're missing the overall point. If JC were the JC of old, the one who brought democracy to Spain and created all the "juan carlistas,", you'd have a point. I really don't believe people would be calling for him to step aside under the circumstances. When people call upon JC to step aside due to his knee, his hip, his age, it's really due to the underlying scandal, the underlying crimes which have allegedly been committed by members of his family and of which evidence indicates he had some knowledge and helped to arrange golden parachutes for his family. I know of no female monarch in even a remotely comparable situation.

I really don't see how anyone can overlook the Urdangarin situation when assessing the motivations and underlying prejudices of people who call for him and not Margrethe or Elizabeth or until recently Beatrix to step aside.
Gracie, I have already clearly replied for all your questions in post#343.
OK once again.. The King has not committed any crime.
A member of his family did.
But why didnt the judiciary punish her?
You say The King "influenced"..
Well..is there a clause in Spanish constitution that The King's influence has to be considered before trying a member of The RF?
Did the King threaten of a countercoup or something if his daughter is tried?
Does the "evidence" you are claiming supports any of the above? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........
So, basically, the fault is NOT WITH THE KING, but the Spanish legal/juducial/administrative system..
WHY EXACTLY SHOULD THEY FALL FOR THE KING'S INFLUENCE?
They should entertain neither fear nor favour.. Isnt it the basic principle of judiciary?
And people simply want to King to call the police and say.. My SIL is a fraudster, come and arrest him..
No monarch..no human being will do so..
Do you think QEII never really knew of Andrew's shady deals and associations well before they actually surfaced? And upon that she immediately incensed him with GCVO the moment charges started coming in..
I am not blaming them..It is the basic parental protective instinct..
It is for the judiciary to work for justice..
If they fail in that..you cannot compensate for it by making the King abdicate..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I know of no female monarch in even a remotely comparable situation.
FYI Queen Julian'a husband..husband I repeat..not an in-law..was involved in Lockheed Scandal..and even got away with all that perfectly..no one demanded her abdication for keeping quiet inspite of knowing..or trying to shield him later..

I stand by my observations that male monarchs are treated unfairly compared to female monarchs, when it comes to judging them by the wrong-doings of their family members..
ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENCE TO ANY MONARCHS I RESPECT THEM ALL EQUALLY..
Old 09-26-2013, 01:18 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

If people think that there is a basis on what Juan Carlos should abdicate or make Felipe regent at this stage I doubt that a constitutional monarchy is the right political system for Spain going forward.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:16 AM
Royal Highness

I hope that Felipe and Letizia take with them Leonor&Sofia the next time they're going to visit The King.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

It is a matter of moral responsability, not legal. A Head of State that fails to meet his responsibilities, is a Head of State that lose the respect of his citizens. The Monarchy lives of gestures and when gestures are negative it is inevitable that people react.

The king is the head of his house and his family, and therefore ultimately responsible for everything that happens in it. No one can believe that the king had no information about that Inaki Urdangarin was taking advantage of his position, precisely for that reason they forced him to leave Noos. But they acted too late and way too weak. And we have seen the consequences... that are bad for the Crown, but also for the country's image.

If the king had acted responsibly, people probably would have ended up forgetting, but Botswana happened. That was his greatest act of irresponsibility as Head of State. Because in the most critical week of the economic crisis, when the country was about to be intervened... the Head of State had decided to take a vacation outside the country (when the previous 10 days had been the Easter holidays), to a luxury hunting in Africa, with a girl friend with more dubious business that Urdangarin and citizens had no idea.

When the situation was already difficult, that further complicated everything.
Citizens have lost confidence in their head of state, and that is very hard to recover, especially when he is sick and the country in a difficult situation.

The debate in Spain is not only about Juan Carlos... king, father or person ... is a debate especially on Juan Carlos as Head of State... at a time of severe economic and institutional criris. The debate arises not only because the king is sick, or the case Urdagarín ... debate arises for a whole set of circumstances of different class. There are many aspects and ways of analyzing the whole debate.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Medical Part 2 - September 26

http://www.casareal.es/ES/Documents/...e_medico_2.pdf
Old 09-26-2013, 09:32 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
I think when JC had his last operation, Revenga went to see the King on his own, without the infantas. He's protected from the top.

Revenga & Cristina arrived 30 min after the Princes had left.

La infanta Cristina y los Príncipes de Asturias evitan coincidir en la clínica Quirón - Noticias de Casas Reales

Tags
king juan carlos, king juan carlos health, spains king