General News about King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An Ard Ri said:
Princess Irene resides at the Zarzuela palace when she's in Spain.

I read that QS has her own apartment at the Zarzuela palace so I guess Princess Irene stays close to her
I have not seen Princess Irene in Palma with the rest of the family, I guess she dose not go on vacation with the RF

I read that QS has her own apartment at the Zarzuela palace so I guess Princess Irene stays close to her
I have not seen Princess Irene in Palma with the rest of the family, I guess she dose not go on vacation with the RF

Technically Princess Irene is not part of the Spanish Royal Family,she does attend events with her sister Queen Sofia from time to time.

I'm not sure if Princess Irene has gone to Mallorca for the annual summer holiday,she may well have in the past.

Technically Princess Irene is not part of the Spanish Royal Family,she does attend events with her sister Queen Sofia from time to time.

I'm not sure if Princess Irene has gone to Mallorca for the annual summer holiday,she may well have in the past.

An Ard Ri, princess Irene is not part of the SRF at all. As members of the RF got older, some relationships have become firmer. Queen Sofia loves her sister and Irene loves being with her family...in the background.

Irene is such an interesting character. She has the spirit of a hippie, with an extraordinarily sense of discretion. She is also one who doesn't care much for royal protocol at all.

Interesting woman.

An Ard Ri, princess Irene is not part of the SRF at all. As members of the RF got older, some relationships have become firmer. Queen Sofia loves her sister and Irene loves being with her family...in the background.

Irene is such an interesting character. She has the spirit of a hippie, with an extraordinarily sense of discretion. She is also one who doesn't care much for royal protocol at all.

Interesting woman.

I agree,Irene is a very interesting and charismatic Lady.

Unless she's dead before the 1st of August, yup she'll be there. :ROFLMAO:

Alondra said:
Unless she's dead before the 1st of August, yup she'll be there. :ROFLMAO:

He he so I take it vacation in Palma starts aug 1 :)
Thank you for the information!

Does anyone know if Queen Sofia is attending the royal wedding in Luxembourg ?

Queen Sofia fan said:
Does anyone know if Queen Sofia is attending the royal wedding in Luxembourg ?

She won't. Felipe and Letizia were confirmed to attend yesterday.

I was very impressed with the Queen, her complete amiability, seeming deep, genuine concern for others carried with true dignity. I was so sorry to learn of her marital difficulties. God keep her!

Would someone please tell me what the king did a decade ago that you think Sofia is great for being silent about it?

TheRoyalCouturier,

I don't have an answer to your question but I have heard, or at least read, that the marriage between Juan Carlos and Sofia is not very happy and he has been unfaithful. The government said the royal couple would not be celebrating their golden anniversary (in 2012) officially because of Spain's economic troubles but many thought that Sofia did not want to celebrate the anniversary because she was angry at the king.

I'd love to go to lunch with Irene, Sofia and Fabiola. That would be a GREAT time.

Would someone please tell me what the king did a decade ago that you think Sofia is great for being silent about it?

I think this was about the Queen catching JC red handed with a mistress. Having said that, its common knowledge by now that the King had lots of mistresses and that the marriage has been reduced to a professional level for many decades now. Sofia has kept her silence, like many other women of her generation. She didnt 'do a Diana'. The scandal with Corinna in Botswana made many people aware, as the King's infidelitly wasnt an 'open secret' any longer but the media reporting about it, Corinna even giving interviews about it. Therefore there were no festivies (not that the SRF big in having festivities anyway), but after those headlines any celebration of this marriage would have been beyond ridiculous.

Well, today it's eight years from this and I think it deserves to be remembered :D

After all, there are two moments in the reign of Juan Carlos I that will remain on the memory of the average Spaniard forever: the one when he standed against the coup in 1981 and the one when he told Chavez to shut the ***** up :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwV8vS23Csc

Last edited:
Well, today it's eight years from this and I think it deserves to be remembered :D

After all, there are two moments in the reign of Juan Carlos I that will remain on the memory of the average Spaniard forever: the one when he standed against the coup in 1981 and the one when he told Chavez to shut the ***** up :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwV8vS23Csc

Wow, I can't believe 8 years have passed, Chavez is already dead since 2013.
But I guess there is another event that will remain in the mind of the average Spaniard forever: that he travelled to Botswana to shoot an elephant in times of crisis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I can't believe 8 years have passed, Chavez is already dead since 2013.
But I guess there is another event that will remain in the mind of the average Spaniard forever: that he travelled to Botswana to shoot an elephant in times of crisis.
Yeah, probably. And his "sorry, I did a mistake, it won't happen again" as his other main remarkable quote... (as today, we still wonder what he was so sorry about -the trip, the elephant, the fall, that he got catched?- and what will not happen again - you being catched?- :whistling::cool:)

imo as a former sovereign he started out as the champion of democracy and he road those laurels for years. He abdicated with the 65% approval rating per el mundo.

He failed in once aspect in that he has too much bourbon blood. HM Queen Sophia has been quoted previously that he was devastated by the death of his Gangan HM Queen Victoria Eugenia , and I believe both she VE, and her gangan , Queen Victoria would have seen this entire situation in Spain as a failure. They Both would have acted, and counseled him to have acted in regards to the "Urdangarín affair" SOOOO much sooner so that the public may not have even heard those two words. (and i am not saying that HRH the Infanta is even Guilty and/or Innocent).
I am just saying that Queen Victoria would have headed this off before it became a national crisis and one of her children were dragged into Court and lost / or were stripped into Court. And yes i know EVII went into Court but EVII went to Court of his own volition.

2.) As a Husband, and this is my own opionion, i don't think i have to voice it. JC is not worthy of the Queen. With the Role Models he had like His father, King Paul, ..... He is not even 1/1000 of the man King paul was. It makes one admire Queen Sofia 100 times more when you look at everthing she's endured in life, the loss of her birth country, the unjust Vilification of her Parents (which is just being undone with the birth of documents coming to light and the death of the old greek communists) and Mitsotakis finally telling the truth, atleast she has King Constanine , HRH Princess Irene, and Prince Michael , King Michael, Her Children, and Grandchildren.

I don't know how JC can look his children in the eyes, or his grandchildren , especially now that they can read, especially with all of his conquests, or whores names always popping up in these new articles and now that he has lost his immunity ...................

Honestly, I don't think he would celebrate somtething that didn't happen...

Oh well, the King often dines out. Maybe the journalists just put 2 and 2 together and arrived at 5. He probably just wanted to dine with his sister and it happened to be on that particular date.

Back
Top Bottom