King Juan Carlos, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They were both recently at the Funeral of the late Queen Elizabeth II and Constantine II of Greece,I assume they did meet but just not in public?

Indeed they will have met there, but apart from family funerals I wonder if they ever meet. Let's hope so.

I recall there was a private visit to Zarzuela last year when Queen Sofia had caught covid and was not present ;)

I wonder why King Charles III has invited King Juan Carlos for a private lunch. Is this related to King Juan Carlos not being included in the Spanish delegation to the coronation and King Charles III trying to make up for it?

I think it is just courtesy on hte part of Charles to host a visiting former monarch.

The Spanish news agency, EFE, has contacted Buckingham Palace. A Buckingham's representative, has denied the news about lunch wit King Juan Carlos, he said that he does not recognize that lunch with King Juan Carlos. After this denial was published, the Spanish press affirmed that the news could have been a presupposition of the friends of King Juan Carlos who had interpreted that his trip to London could have a relationship with the British Royal House. However, the press says now, That his trip to London could be to attend the Real Madrid against Chelsea football party

Isn't the former Monarch due back in Spain this week?

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, April 18, King Juan Carlos watched the UEFA Champions League quarter final, 2nd leg match between Chelsea and Real Madrid in London:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

Before the scandals with Corina came out in the open, I always wondered why King Juan Carlos named his boat 'El Bribon' which could be translated to an USA slang 'The Weasel' that has no relation to the animal. Being a 'weasel' is more of being an unscrupulous person that takes advantage of others.

Little did I knew it would all make sense later. That said, the Emeritus continues his quest to show he thinks he is 40 years younger than what his current health shows.

King Juan Carlos arrives in Vitoria after his five-day stay in the Galician town of Sanxenxo.

As Confidencial Digital has learned, from sources with access to La Zarzuela, King Juan Carlos does not plan to return to his residence in Abu Dhabi in the short term.
His plans are to remain in Spain until the end of the regattas in Sanxenxo, which will take place on the weekend of June 9.

https://monarquia.elconfidencialdig...orto-plazo-abu-dabi/20230424224018099544.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The former King is looking frail...wishing him a speedy recovery.

King Juan Carlos was seen departing from Vigo Aiport today, April 25:

That visit just flew by ,I wonder if he got to see his children/grandchildren and sister?

That visit just flew by ,I wonder if he got to see his children/grandchildren and sister?

He has been undergoing a medical examination with two of his medical friends in Vitoria. At the moment he is leaving Victoria, it is not known with which destination, but it is unlikely that he will visit Madrid.

Last edited:
The post above said he was departing from Vigo Airport :previous:

It's a typo or a mistake, he flew on Sunday to Vitoria and the photos say he's flying out of Vitoria.

:previous:

When creating my post above I had copied the airport name from the caption given, it had said "Vigo airport", an airport I had not known before. I've checked it again now and saw that in the meantime the agency has changed the captions into "Emeritus King Juan Carlos I at Vitoria Aiport , 25 april 2023" (typo on their side again ;)).

King Juan Carlos has traveled to the Isle of Wight to participate in the 6m class world sailing championship.

He said that he had learned of the death of journalist María Teresa Campos and sent the following message to the family: “The poor thing. A very strong greeting and nothing, which I remember a lot.”

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_e...-campos-rey-juan-carlos-mensaje-condolencias/

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...an-carlos-muerte-maria-teresa-campos_3729299/

http://images.gtresnews.com/es/feat...ira-con-el-bribon/page/1/SN/ACTUALITY_REALEZA

Last edited:
King Juan Carlos certainly has a real passion for sailing championships!

Back
Top Bottom