King Juan Carlos, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He is supposed to surface again on August 7th, when the government sends him to represent Spain at the inauguration of the new president.

Even though its an 'official' event on behalf of the government, its not listed on casareal website though.
El Rey Juan Carlos y Rajoy representarán a España en la toma de posesión de Santos

It is at the website now.
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Viaje de Su Majestad el Rey Don Juan Carlos a la República de Colombia para asistir a la ceremonia de posesión del segundo mandato del Presidente de la República de Colo

I wonder who JC served first, himself, his ego or the country? I think the role of being king has gone to his head over time and he just took all he could get from the people of Spain. Having friends that live there, they have no respect for this man who abused his position and power.

I am sorry but you are incorrect. King Juan Carlos has been instrumental in bringing Spain out of the dark period of Francisco Franco's dictatorship. He is loved by the people of Spain. However, he has suffered many injuries and it was time he step down. Please go over the history of his reign. He saved Spain in a moment that the new Democracy was trying to be stripped away by the old fascist guard. Even that infamous incident where he was hunting elephants. He went as a guest of a Saudi Prince and while doing the Safari KJC negotiated a very lucrative contract for Spain.

Julia, you are correct. And whatever follies he has been involved in and he has, he has loved his nation and his utmost to keep it a democracy. I can't say business with the Saudis is laudable, but probably practical.

Can we keep this thread as a 'Current Events Thread' ,there has not been any official announcement of a Divorce or Separation just media speculation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom