King Juan Carlos and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saxon

Commoner
Apprently there is a new book about to be released on Diana Princess of Wales and in it, it says that Diana had an Affair with King Jaun Carlos of Spain when her and charles used to holiday with the King and Queen. Please tell me this isn't true

I´ve read that several times before.... Don´t know what to think of it actually

It is one more tabloid myth...

I wouldn't ever buy that!!!!!!!!!

I would be disappointed if this were true; this would show that Diana had absolutely no respect for Queen Sofia. Given Diana's history of affairs, and the fact that she can't seem to keep a lid on anything, I would not be surprised if it were true. I'm sorely disappointed in Diana's behavior. She lost all the sympathy I had for her over the Camilla issue. Q. Sofia did not deserve such disrespect.

Last edited:
As stated in out guidelines:

All information submitted to The Royal Forums (stories, articles, etc...) must be linked back to a credible source (newspaper, online mag, royalty magazine, book, photo agency, etc...). Gossip is hearsay and these forums are dedicated to providing credible information to its members. Therefore, we ask our members to have reliable sources for any information which they may provide.

If you have sources please state them, however, if it is just rumor and speculation let's not add to the rumormill.

Last edited:
I don't believe anything of that but there are many rumors lately

I'm not sure but if it not true why they want to talk about it.But there are a lot of stories of Diana's love affairs now.

The book you are talking about is from Colin Campbell. It is not exactly an new book, just a compilation of all the terrible things she "knows" about Diana. But they didn't had a relationship.

I read in a book by Diana's former protection officer that Diana was afraid of Juan Carlos. She confessed this to her officer. She knew the stories going round about Juan Carlos and thought the King had a little crush on her. This frightened her and would try to avoid the King the whole vacation.

kinneret5764 said:
I would be disappointed if this were true; this would show that Diana had absolutely no respect for Queen Sofia. Given Diana's history of affairs, and the fact that she can't seem to keep a lid on anything, I would not be surprised if it were true. I'm sorely disappointed in Diana's behavior. She lost all the sympathy I had for her over the Camilla issue. Q. Sofia did not deserve such disrespect.
Don't be afraid, according to Diana's protection officer Diana, queen Sofia and the infanta's could go on very well.

No one from the Spanish Royal Family attended Diana's funeral. Am I correct with this statement?

I really don't know. But i can search for you. :)
Diana never was his lover, but in a book called "Un rey- golpe a golpe" (unofficial biography) the author said that he had these lovers:
-Marta gayá
-Baroness thyssen
-Barbara Rey
-Paloma San Basilio
-Nadiuska
-Countess of Robiland.

This book you can get online in castillan and catalan.

THis is just another rumour. Prince Charles and Diana used to vacation with the King and Queen Sofia often, but I do not believe there was anything more to Diana's relationship with His Majesty than friendship.

rchainho said:
I really don't know. But i can search for you. :)
Diana never was his lover, but in a book called "Un rey- golpe a golpe" (unofficial biography) the author said that he had these lovers:
-Marta gayá
-Baroness thyssen
-Barbara Rey
-Paloma San Basilio
-Nadiuska
-Countess of Robiland.

This book you can get online in castillan and catalan.
Baroness Thyssen? You mean the former Fiona Campbell? Well, if so, then he has good taste...:) But the guy was married 5 times so it could have been one of the others.

Dennism said:
Baroness Thyssen? You mean the former Fiona Campbell? Well, if so, then he has good taste...:)
He has good taste?!

If these rumours are true, he cheated on his wife. Hardly good taste to do that in the first place no matter who the other woman is.

And the other woman is hardly a class act if she knowingly had an affair with a married man.

No matter what your stature in life that is hardly acceptable or in good taste.

Yes, I agree. I was just being flippant at the moment. I do not condone his cheating.

In various books and articles, you will read (a) Diana had an affair and (b) Diana loathed Juan Carlos--so I would vote nothing ever happened. They were only with him on family vacations. I think some of the gossip began when the King (and Queen) presented Diana with a lovely watch on one of the visits and she spoke of it as "being so surprised they would do such a lovely thing." That gift was interpreted by those who wished to do so as evidence of an affair or interest in Diana on the part of the King when all it was was a gift and friendly gesture. Given the closeness of the Spanish and British Royal Families, I HIGHLY doubt anything occured and whatever Diana may have told her bodyguard--well, she was known to embellish and overdramatize things when she wanted to do so.

i never read his books!

i never knew he have affair with Princess of Wales i totally surprise story about King had affair with Princess of Wales someone says that but i would try get that book order from Majesty or Royalty how much money its would be! if its would be true or not!

he wont tell his wife the Queen Sofia about his affair with Princess of Wales and Prince Charles had Camilla since 1970's before Charles met Diana in 1977 if they would approve with that books!

Sara Boyce

Ennyllorac said:
No one from the Spanish Royal Family attended Diana's funeral. Am I correct with this statement?

That's correct, but remember that it wasn't a State funeral and Diana was not a Princess anymore at the time of her death. I don't think any royals, besides the Britishs, attended her funeral.

I would never believe these rumors of an affair between His Majesty the King and Diana. I am amazed of what people can say in order to sell books.

Rumours are just rumours. And I agree - people will say anything to sell books.

Spain protects former King Juan Carlos from legal action- and paternity suits | World news | theguardian.com
Spain's parliament has passed a law protecting former King Juan Carlos from lawsuits in Spanish civil and criminal courts, including two paternity suits filed in 2012 and 2013, to stem further damage to the monarchy's battered prestige.

The special legislation to protect Juan Carlos, who abdicated on 2 June in favour of his son Felipe, passed thanks to the majority held in parliament by the ruling centre-right People's party. No other parties backed the measure.

A waiter who claims he is the illegitimate son of Spain's former king has lodged his claim in the country's highest court in a bid to finally prove he is of royal blood.
Alberto Sola, 58, whose adoptive parents are peasants from Catalonia, says his DNA matches that of Juan Carlos, 76, the monarch who abdicated the throne last month and allegedly bedded more than 1,500 women.

His mother is said to have met the former king when she was 18 in the 1950s, six years before he married Sofia of Greece and Denmark and 20 years before he took the throne.

Now the suit has been passed on to the Supreme Court by a lower court where it had been under review in light of controversial new legal protections for ex-king Juan Carlos, 76, who lost his total immunity when he quit the throne last month.
Spanish waiter's legal bid to prove he is the son of King Juan Carlos will be considered by supreme court after monarch's decision to abdicate means he had no legal protection | Mail Online

1500 women? One can exagerate.

The Italian press speaks of impending divorce in Sofia and Juan Carlos

La Repubblica stresses that they were not seen together since the acts of proclamation. According to the Italian paper, soon there will be an official announcement. The Royal House has declined to make a statement.

La prensa italiana habla de divorcio inminente de Sof?a y Juan Carlos | loc | EL MUNDO

The Queen's biographer Pilar Urbano thinks that there will be a formal separation and Juan Carlos will soon retire to Switzerland
Ehekrise: Zieht sich Juan Carlos in die Schweiz zurück? - Bluewin Entertainment - Alle News zu Stars, Film und Fernsehen - Swisscom
Los Reyes Juan Carlos y Sofía anunciarán divorcio pronto, según el diario La Reppublica

Do they mention a source? Or is the article based on the fact that they havent been seen together since the abdication?

Back
Top Bottom