King Juan Carlos and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do they mention a source? Or is the article based on the fact that they havent been seen together since the abdication?

No, La Repubblica says divorce is imminent because they have not been seen together and spent their holidays apart.

The credible version is supported by Pilar Urbano who gave an interview to GALA. She said what we already know, that they have been living separate lives for ages, only kept together by duty and conservative beliefs. She says that JC will retire abroad (possibly with Corinna?), what seems likely. Sofia will spend her time between family abroad and in Spain, mainly her grandkids and the work that is left for her to do.

El Mundo only repeats the information of the Italian newspaper, that the only thing it does is speculate. La Repubblica does not give any source or any new information. They have made private plans separately for years, and can continue to live the same way.

I don't think they will divorce... they haven't done so far and have been living two different lives for a while so I think that agreement works for them... :flowers:

Personally I doubt the highly religous Queen Sofia would countenance divorce, and i hope she wouldn't give him the satisfaction ! There is no reason not to simply go their separate ways, and no need for a formal divorce.

No, La Repubblica says divorce is imminent because they have not been seen together and spent their holidays apart.

The credible version is supported by Pilar Urbano who gave an interview to GALA. She said what we already know, that they have been living separate lives for ages, only kept together by duty and conservative beliefs. She says that JC will retire abroad (possibly with Corinna?), what seems likely. Sofia will spend her time between family abroad and in Spain, mainly her grandkids and the work that is left for her to do.

I don't think he's seeing corinna anymore. i believe she has said so herself.

yes, i don't know what to think of this. JC and sofia have been living their lives for years on and it has worked so far, so i guess no need to repair what isn't broken.

Personally I doubt the highly religous Queen Sofia would countenance divorce, and i hope she wouldn't give him the satisfaction ! There is no reason not to simply go their separate ways, and no need for a formal divorce.

I'd tend to agree with you,it would really surprise me if they did actually divorce given the media attention it would attract so early into King Felipe's reign.

Queen Sofia has been raised Orthodox, and in orthodox religion the divorce is acceptable, so I do not think that she would not accept divorce for this reason. I think they already found their way, I do not thionk they will change now.

Perhaps she is the one to want out. She has put up with his philandering for many years and has kept her dignity. Maybe she has had enough.

There is nothing to hold on to emotionally speaking. JC's reputation has taken a huge dive, but hers is still sterling.

Maybe she wants a clean break so she can live what is left of her life without the burden of maintaining a facade. Let JC go his own way with whatever female he can entice to take care of him.

I think Sofia should not have to bolster the popularity of a man who has disappointed her for so long and has trampled her feelings into the dust. Let her live her life free of the trouble of having to pretend he cares for her.

She should have a choice. She has sacrificed her personal wants and desires for the Good of Spain for many years and deserves a happy retirement. If she feels it's better without being married to JC then she should have the choice.

My feeling is that it should be her choice to make-whether it is maintaining the status quo or breaking free of the relationship.

She deserves the best life can bring her. She has done her duty. It is time for her to be happy.

Don Juan Carlos pidió a su hija que renunciase, dice Ónega - La Nueva España - Diario Independiente de Asturias

Juan Carlos I a Felipe VI sobre la infanta Cristina: Déjamelo a mí que soy su padre - Noticias de Casas Reales

There is a new book on King JC, 'The man who would be King', by Fernando Onega.
The author claims that

- the infection in JC's hip was potentally fatal due to septicemia

- JC already thought of abdication in December 2010, but only pursued further in the spring of 2013 when he asked the head of casa real to find out the necessary details.

- After a desastrous appearance at Pascua Militar on Jan 6th 2014 JC started the process. On March 31, he informes the highest government officials.

- Several reasons that prompted the king to take the step to abdicate: willingness to make way for a new generation, deterioration of the image of the monarchy in the public and the health of the monarch. The journalist also adds a sense of loneliness and isolation that had the King, the relationship with the government of Mariano Rajoy was "little fluid", a bad communication.

- In the book, Ónega also ensures that the relationship between King Juan Carlos and Corinna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein is broken and the relationship with Queen Letizia became better, there was at first a clash of characters that lasted for many years but now that relationship is cordial.

DoM, thank you for this article. Shame, in a way, but sometime a person believes in his own ego and invincibility which eventually gets him in trouble. I am sure that deep down he is shocked that this reversal of feelings by his citizens has come down over his head. The old saying "he made his bed.... " just not the one he planned on occupying for the rest of his life. I honestly wonder how accurate this new book is. Does she give actual quotes and recorded interviews in gathering all information? Is it just her own interpretation of events? What is actually known?

The book title is 'End Game'. Juan Carlos used to be untouchable for a long time for bringing democracy to Spain. It all ended with gossip culture and his own mistakes.

New book and already best seller about the former King's private life.

He wanted to divorce and give to his Mistress the Princess of Sayn W . the tittle of Royal Highness.
All what he did for Spain will be forgotten and his privite life comes out.

Sad for the new King .
We have the same Situation in Belgium even worse as the relationship between Queens Mathilde and Paola is difficult.

New controversy pops up regarding Juan Carlos & Corinna:
El dinero del fondo de Juan Carlos I y su amiga Corinna acabó en tres paraísos fiscales | InfoLibre.es

The 21 million Euro Hispanic-Saudi Fund, the project promoted by the king in which acted Corinna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein as advisor, ended in Channel Islands, Switzerland and Bermuda, a business initiative designed to encourage Spanish investment in Saudi Arabia, did not leave a single euro in Spain or generated any employment.

El rey Juan Carlos y Corinna compartieron un dúplex en Suiza durante tres años - Chic
From 2009 to 2012, King Juan Carlos and the German-Danish entrepreneur Corinna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein shared a duplex apartement located in the idyllic luxury resort in the Swiss Alps, renting price 7.000 Euro per day.

Back
Top Bottom