King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia's Visit to Florida, USA: February 18-20, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
King and Queen of Spain will visit the Carib and Florida in February

King and Queen of Spain, Juan Carlos I and Sofia, will initiate in February a trip to different countries of the Carib and to Florida, in The United States, where they have foreseen to take part in the acts of 450 anniversary of the foundation of Pensacola's city at the expense of a Spanish explorer.

A speaker of the Royal House made clear that still there is outlined the agenda of the visit, which would include stops both in Jamaica and in Trinidad and Tobago.

The office did not reject either that the monarches take advantage of their stay in Florida to travel to Miami. The tour would take place in the middle of February.

Visitarán los reyes de España el Caribe y Florida en febrero - El Universal - Estilos

Pensacola resident helps to bring King, Queen of Spain to Pensacola

Pensacola resident helps to bring King, Queen of Spain to Pensacola | pnj.com | Pensacola News Journal

King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofia of Spain are set to visit Pensacola on Feb. 18-19 as part of Celebrate Pensacola's 450th anniversary celebration of the founding of Pensacola Bay by Spanish explorer Don Tristan de Luna.

The royal couple's activities, which have not been finalized, will begin Feb. 19 and include a public speech from the second floor of the T.T. Wentworth Museum, 330 S. Jefferson St., a visit to Pensacola Naval Air Station and a walk through Plaza Ferdinand to shake hands and greet locals. They will leave that afternoon for Miami.

The 2009 Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival and Southern Wine & Spirits of America is pleased to announce an unprecedented tribute to the wines and foods of Spain to be held in the presence of Their Majesties King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofia of Spain. Taking place on Thursday, February 19, 2009, the distinguished gala will benefit the School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University and Fundación España-Florida: celebrating 500 years of Spanish presence in Florida.

2009 Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool...my best friend is at a college in Pensacola. I'm definitely calling her to see if she can go and take some pictures for me. I'm so jealous of her! ;-)

Wow!! It would be fantastic,Maura. We will wait impatient for these exclusive photos.

My father will be attending the Pensacola activities, I believe. If I find out anything, I'll certainly let everyone here know.

Managerial meeting Spain - State of Florida

Next February 19, 2009 Their Majesties the King and Queen of Spain initiate an official visit to the state of Florida (USA). With such a motive, the Spanish Institute of Exterior Trade (ICEX) and the Economic and Commercial Office of the Embassy of Spain in Miami, in collaboration with the Top Council of Chambers of Trade (CSC) and the Spanish Federation of Managerial Organizations (CEOE), they organize a Managerial Meeting Spain - State of Florida, which will take place on February 20, 2009 in the city of Miami.

ICEX >> Calendario de Actividades >> Encuentro Empresarial España-Estado de Florida

Obama regrets missing Spanish king's trip to US

Obama regrets missing Spanish king's trip to US

King and queen arrive tonight

King and queen arrive tonight | pnj.com | Pensacola News Journal

Top US security aide to meet Spanish King

Top US security aide to meet Spanish King

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm only 5 hours away and can't go see them.

Hopefully there will be good press coverage.

I just caught a bit of our local tv news and apparently at the food festival chef Mario Batali dropped the f word several times in front of their Majesties and other distinguished guests in the audience, Queen Sofia reportedly was quite pale at this outburst. If true, I'm very embarrassed for my country for this crass display.:nonono: Does any other member have the story? Thank you.
I forgot to add the chef appeared to be drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom