The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

1. If he's a philander like everyone says, why aren't there pictures of him with his GFs? I know he's widely respected in Spain but I honestly don't believe it would stop HOLA! and other media to spread the rumor if it was true. I don't think he's been completely faithful, but I also don't think he sleeps around as much as people says.

2. About the Queen, I heard rumors of her affairs with Iñaki Gabilondo and others, even with Rostopovich which I honestly don't believe; that shows the heights the rumor mill goes to be noticed.

3. The King and Queen spend lots of time together, when they aren't, the King is either attending state functions, official trips or sailing and the Queen is working on her foundation or with their family, with busy agendas like theirs, I wonder when do they take time and energy to cheat? Maybe if they had a 28 hour-day I'd understand it and besides they are old people now, I don't think either one is fit to have an affair anymore.

4. Don't you think any of the King's friends would have opened her mouth by now? No matter how good casa real pays them, that would be the story of the century and the media would have paid anything to get the exclusive rights.

That's my point of view, what do you think?

Old 02-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
1. If he's a philander like everyone says, why aren't there pictures of him with his GFs? I know he's widely respected in Spain but I honestly don't believe it would stop HOLA! and other media to spread the rumor if it was true. I don't think he's been completely faithful, but I also don't think he sleeps around as much as people says.

2. About the Queen, I heard rumors of her affairs with Iñaki Gabilondo and others, even with Rostopovich which I honestly don't believe; that shows the heights the rumor mill goes to be noticed.

3. The King and Queen spend lots of time together, when they aren't, the King is either attending state functions, official trips or sailing and the Queen is working on her foundation or with their family, with busy agendas like theirs, I wonder when do they take time and energy to cheat? Maybe if they had a 28 hour-day I'd understand it and besides they are old people now, I don't think either one is fit to have an affair anymore.

4. Don't you think any of the King's friends would have opened her mouth by now? No matter how good casa real pays them, that would be the story of the century and the media would have paid anything to get the exclusive rights.

That's my point of view, what do you think?
In some things you are right.I also do not think that Juan Carlos sleeps around. He is a friendly person, he is always nice with, a real Gentleman. If he talks to a woman the next day there are rumors about an affair. "Oggi" has shown photos of him and Marta Gaya. And a German magazin has said that he has a young, German girlfriend and a Penthouse in Madrid. Spanish medias do not write about the King and his GF. And since we Leti, also the foreign press is not so much interested in JC's affairs. There exist some photos from the last Copa del Rey with Julia, I am still searching the web to find them and to show here. Marta Gaya was his long-time GF and now Julia is it since more or less two years, so JC does not have short affairs, he prefers long-time relations with the women.

Another thing: he IS really old and to say the truth: maybe he and Julia are just watching TV or playing chess. He seems to be to old for long Bed Games.

Old 02-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

As Alexandria and myself have said before, according to our guidelines, all information submitted to The Royal Forums must be linked to a credible source. Therefore, if you have sources (articles or photos) to back up your statements about King Juan Carlos' or any other royal's infidelity, please state them; however, if they are just hearsay, the discussion ends here, until someone presents an evidence. Any further speculation without presentation of proofs will be deleted.

Thanks for your understanding.

Elsa M.
(TRF's Supermoderator)
Old 02-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

In matter of fact, i think that Elsa M. is totaly right. Whatever this story that make me think of the terrifc movie on the gentlemen old age: The blue Angel Do you remenber the last scene....
Old 02-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
In matter of fact, i think that Elsa M. is totaly right. Whatever this story that make me think of the terrifc movie on the gentlemen old age: The blue Angel Do you remenber the last scene....
No, I've never seen it, what happened?
Old 02-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
'Cheating" is a cultural concept. For many married couples the marriage vowes does not preclude the husband having other women as long as the womens social status and standard of living is not tampered with. It is simply a way of life (and a matter of money) although it may not suit everyones idea of a happy marriage.
Exactly.
If you see the actual family tree the amount of affairs and children with other names could make many in here fell off their chairs. Just look to the right side of this great genealogy chart and see the offsprings donated to Spain by King Alfonso XIII:
http://www.homar.org/genealog/pagina.asp?pag=ibe27
It's one of the best website research sites because it lists all the royal and not so royal kids of the previous king of Spain, Alfonso XIII.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Exactly.
If you see the actual family tree the amount of affairs and children with other names could make many in here fell off their chairs. Just look to the right side of this great genealogy chart and see the offsprings donated to Spain by King Alfonso XIII:
http://www.homar.org/genealog/pagina.asp?pag=ibe27
It's one of the best website research sites because it lists all the royal and not so royal kids of the previous king of Spain, Alfonso XIII.

The Blue Angel is a desperate, emotionally unrelenting portrait of a man whose consuming love for a cold, manipulative woman leads to moral descent and ruin. Dr. Immanuel Rath (Emil Jannings), is a repressed, middle-aged high school professor who decides to confront Lola Lola (Marlene Dietrich), a cabaret singer, about her "bewitching" of his students. He is captivated by the sensual, carefree Lola Lola, and continues to return to the Blue Angel to be with her. Soon, he is the object of ridicule, and, in an attempt to protect her honor, marries her. We next see Professor Rath several years later, where unemployment and humiliation have taken their toll on the once dignified teacher. He is disheveled and broken, hypocritically selling provocative pictures of his wife to the cabaret patrons (an act he earlier promised would never happen while he is with her). He is subjected to increasingly degrading circumstances, culminating in a pathetic clown act in front of his former colleagues and students. The Blue Angel is a devastating film about the cruelty of love...and fate.

You mean this movie??? What has it to do with Juan Carlos? That he will be the clown at the end and that everybody will laugh about him and he will die???
Old 02-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Royal Highness

Hi, Madrid2006 :)
I think you meant to reply to Crisinaki but captured my quote instead
Old 02-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Courtier

I don't know about this rumor, but if people have said it, it's because there must be something true, also, I have seen King's pictures, and they really look so cold with each other.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

This is now the third warning issued in this thread, the second one issued today.

As Elsa and I have both stated, there must be concrete facts and reliable sources to back up these posts.

Because you think something is the case or because you sense something is the case does not make it true.

If there is evidence of either the King or Queen cheating, then please provide it, otherwise let's move on.

Further posts not embedded in fact will result in this thread being closed.

Alexandria
Spanish Forum Moderator
Old 02-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe the most important thing is that both Juan Carlos and Sofía have found a balance on their lives, they can look back with pride at everything they have built: a family, an institution, a country.

It doesn't really matter what have happened between them, their lives are the way they should be and I think the Kings are very satisfied about everything they have made in their lives, I also think that given the chance to get back neither one would change anything and that's what matters the most.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:37 AM
Commoner

Sorry, I meant Adelaide. Adelaide, is this the movie you are refering to?
Old 02-21-2006, 05:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
I believe the most important thing is that both Juan Carlos and Sofía have found a balance on their lives, they can look back with pride at everything they have built: a family, an institution, a country.

It doesn't really matter what have happened between them, their lives are the way they should be and I think the Kings are very satisfied about everything they have made in their lives, I also think that given the chance to get back neither one would change anything and that's what matters the most.
The truth is that it's hard to find any pics, where Sofia looks happier, with bigger sense of fulfilment than now. She is just glowing nowadays, so the problem of cheating, if it ever existed, had gone to the past IMO.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:18 AM
Courtier

In my opinion, things like cheating or health problems etc, should belong exclusively to those involved. No one has the right to make public something as private as that when it is related to other persons. It just create problems and hurt to people that can be unaware of what is going on and if it is really something going on. This is not true just for royals but for everyone. We can talk about events, fashion, activities, etc that are made public but I dont think we have the right to create discussions about personal details or the private life of royals or any other person.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:44 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
In my opinion, things like cheating or health problems etc, should belong exclusively to those involved. No one has the right to make public something as private as that when it is related to other persons. It just create problems and hurt to people that can be unaware of what is going on and if it is really something going on. This is not true just for royals but for everyone. We can talk about events, fashion, activities, etc that are made public but I dont think we have the right to create discussions about personal details or the private life of royals or any other person.
I think everybody has the right of privacy but if your private life is so strong and you have so many problems that you can't make a good job than I think it should be discussed in public. And if a King is ill I think it is just fair to tell his country about this. When King Harald had cancer they told the public. In my opinion, Spain has the most secrets of all Royal Houses. That is why there are created many rumors. If the public knows everything about you, they can not create rumors. The Casa Real always is silent about every rumor. Queen Silvia makes investigations if they wrote gossip about her family. Have you ever seen this from the Spanish Royals? They wrote so many things about Letizia, Juan Carlos and Leonor but the Casa Real does not do anything against it. If everything is just gossip they can make investigations. So in my opinion there is a lot of truth in all the gossip.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:51 AM
Courtier

Sorry if I dont explained it well, I wanted to say, in those cases, when the situation is not made public, I dont think other people should make it public. It is a responsability exclusively to those involved. Like you said, King Harald had cancer and the royal house made it public, that is the way it should be done, it shouldnt be announced by gossips magazines or unrelated people.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Commoner

Tomorrow I will translate some articles from German magazines about Juan Carlos and his doble life. That means: Is it allowed?
Old 02-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrid2006
Tomorrow I will translate some articles from German magazines about Juan Carlos and his doble life. That means: Is it allowed?
Which ones?, because those magazines that change the color in people's clothes, specially on Letizia are not reliable sources, i'm not asking for the Times or Le Monde but at least mags that are serious enough.

thanks in advance
Old 02-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Commoner

Here is an articel from "Frankfurter Allgemeine". I will translate the part of JC later when I have time. FA is a serious newspaper in Germany.

Herzblatt-Geschichten
Wollten Sie was?
Von Peter Lückemeier

Höre mal, König!

Apropos „Fassade”: Wie steht es eigentlich mit jenem Dauerseitensprung, den man vielleicht auch als Doppelleben bezeichnen könnte? In dieser Angelegenheit müssen wir jetzt mit dir, König Juan Carlos von Spanien, mal ein ernsteres Wörtchen wechseln. Stimmt es, daß dir deine „persönliche Freiheit über alles geht”, wie 7 Tage unterstellt? Trifft es zu, daß du „nach Familienfeiern möglichst schnell das Weite” suchst? Daß du gar eine eigene Penthouse-Wohnung unterhältst? Daß dir in dieser Wohnung auch heute noch die Herzen der Frauen zufliegen?
Old 02-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
I have a doubt: It is truth that Queen Sofia has some years wanted to leave Spain with the Principe and the Infantas?
I've heard that too. Allegedly she was persuaded at the airport not to run away...

Tags
infidelity, juan carlos i, marriage, queen sofia, sofia (1938 -)