King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia Visit Ceuta and Melilla: November 5-6, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No ,it was during role of Al-andalus,Al-moravids and AL-mohads brfore spain .
and there was many attemps from morocco to restore the city like MAWLAY ISMAIL
you are right Marocco didn´t exsist yet, but there was other kingdoms

if you want to know on the history of ceuta and melilla you can listen to this (Spanish only)

La Tarde con Cristina ::: Crónica de la Historia ::: Cadena COPE

La Tarde con Cristina ::: Escuchar: Mas Secciones, Cronica de la Historia - Ceuta y Melilla ::: Cadena COPE

No ,it was during role of Al-andalus,Al-moravids and AL-mohads brfore spain .
and there was many attemps from morocco to restore the city like MAWLAY ISMAIL
you are right Marocco didn´t exsist yet, but there was other kingdoms

the problem of Morocco is the poverty, the new terrorism, in Morocco is freedom no to criticize the government, but the government allows manifestations against the kings of Spain and he does not allow manifestations against his king, in Morocco is not much freedom... that is the real problem of Morocco, a Third World Country

remember that Morocco also demand the canary islands, but Morocco does not criticize Spain when the kings visit the canary islands, why criticize the kings now? nobody doubt that the canary islands are Spain, why doubts that ceuta and melilla are not Spain?

I'm more republican than anything else, but I love the Kings, they are so cool, so poised, so royal :flowers:
I love the last suit the Queen wore, and the King is wearing a matching tie :wub:

i didn't follow the visit very closely, but i just bumped into this information when reading the news this morning:

king mohammed of morocco released a statement clasifying the visits of the king and queen as "shameful", condeming it. apparently it has to do with the issues on sovereignity of ceuta and melilla. you can see the video and read the article here (el mundo link): Interstitial - Noticia

i find extremely strange that this is cropping up just now. it's strange considering the king and queen were on a visit last year and everything seemed to be fine in the spanish-moroccan relationship. moreover, felipe and letizia were in morocco a week ago. i find it strange that NOW, some days after the visit was started, and after much talk between the royals of both countries this is mentioned. i thought the protocol department of the royal house informed the moroccan royals the king and queen were visiting the cities beforehand? couldn't this have been previously solved? i find it extremely strange.

Carlota, is Morocco, do not look for sense. The Spanish politicians do not look for it. The Princes were in Morocco, the Minister of Foreign Affairs was with them, and the same Minister and other politicians were in several cultural activities last week.

The impression that has the press in Spain, is that Morocco was informed, and partly there are many agreed things ... though like it is habitual Morocco has exaggerated very much the things, and a threatening tone has used in the protests, which difficultly it is understand in an European democracy, but that in an internal way, inside the country, works and favors them. The problem is not that they protest, is that often use a forms, and a phrases that are not understandable in countries that are not submitted to the same type of political regime.

But for example, yesterday the King of Morocco separated the topic of Ceuta and Melilla, about which he spoke in a written communiqué ... of his speech of celebration of the " Green March ". That is to say, on the one hand he claims Spanish territories on which he does not have any right and criticizes the Spanish ... and for other one they are celebrating the occupation of the Sahara, which they consider to be of Morocco, but which occupation numerous times have denounced the United Nations and the International Courts of Justice.

it's really ununderstandable, lula, i agree. i just find it surprising when not so long ago the queen and lalla salma were walking around together holding hands and the king of morocco seemed to be delighted with his spanish guests. then, the queen returned to morocco on official visit for some days. then, the princes went not so long ago (with the minister in fact!) and now they are complaining about this visit to spanish territory. i just can't understand a thing of this behaviour of his majesty.

It is incomprehensible for a cultural question. In Europe we have democracies and parliamentary monarchies, where the Kings are controlled by the governments that are chosen democratically ... in Morocco, the King continues having a lot of power.

Before a conflict, in Europe the politicians would do the protest, and the Monarchy would limit itself to the gestures. On the other hand in Europe, for diplomacy no minister of a country would use this so hard and threatening tone that they use in Morocco, it is not acceptable.

sometimes the conditions forces you to be not very democratic even in U.S. like terrosim or your for your own favour

Neither city was ever Maroccan as Marocco didn´t exsist yet, the belonged to the Kingdom of Fez.
i think you need to correct you're anformation about that,monarchy in morooco is older than all the monarchy in Europe you can see it http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f74/dynastic-history-morocco-9189.html
how you said that morocco doesn't exsist yet when during The Almohades dynasty (1147-1269)beside morocco they subjugated Algeria,Tunisia,Mauritania,Senegal and even spain(Al andalus).
The Alaouite dynasty does not exsist but morocco as state(monarchy)do exsist.

carlota said:
i find extremely strange that this is cropping up just now. it's strange considering the king and queen were on a visit last year and everything seemed to be fine in the spanish-moroccan relationship. moreover, felipe and letizia were in morocco a week ago. i find it strange that NOW, some days after the visit was started, and after much talk between the royals of both countries this is mentioned. i thought the protocol department of the royal house informed the moroccan royals the king and queen were visiting the cities beforehand? couldn't this have been previously solved? i find it extremely strange.
there is nothing strang in politic carlota the royal family of morocco and spain are very good friends but it does not mean this friendship will came before their political interets.....the whole question is pure politic:the timing of the visit the reflax from morocco....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom