King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia Picture Thread, Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad you liked the pics, I think she could still wear that red dress from 1982 these days, but maybe she
would consider it to be too red now ;) :)

Here are some covers with Sofia and Juan Carlos, I hope they have not been posted before:

Semana 1967
Hola 1963
Hola 1973 - great 1970s dress :)

Iceflower, What pretty photos! The one of the queen with koala she is precious, and the covers are full of glamour and ela is very pretty. They always comment that our queen has improved years in the last but in all the old images is also seen precious and with much class. Also they are fantastic those that you have put of Sofía and Diana. Thank you very much!:flowers: :flowers:

crisiñaki said:
yep, she was born as Frederike of Hannover, Ernst August V and QS are first cousins:)
Caroline of Monaco's husband?

Yes.Ernest de Hannover, present husband of Carolina, is a cousin of queen Sofia on the part of her mother. GREETINGS!:flowers: :flowers:

the queen drinks a lot coffee during the day and smokes 2 cigarrettes after lunch.

rchainho said:
the queen drinks a lot coffee during the day and smokes 2 cigarrettes after lunch.
How do you know rchainho? :)

Is there any picture of the Queen smoking? I've never seen any

tdarlee do you happen to have a copy of the magazine? Or any extracts from the interview?

Thanks!

tdarlene said:
The Queen said it at an interview on Vogue España last year!

I believe that it was not a direct interview with the Queen, but a summary of declarations that the Queen does in the book of the journalist Pilar Urbano, the only authorized biography of the Queen and for that Her Majesty supported several meetings with the writer. It is very strange the occasion in which the Queen grants an interview and less to a magazine like Vogue. Her more recent interview has been with the Public Agency of News EFE and only to speak about the inauguration of the Center for the Alzheimer of her Foundation.

...sOfIa.... said:
tdarlee do you happen to have a copy of the magazine? Or any extracts from the interview?

Thanks!

I bought the magazine and I will see if I can found it this weekend.

marenostrum said:
Iceflower, What pretty photos! The one of the queen with koala she is precious, and the covers are full of glamour and ela is very pretty. They always comment that our queen has improved years in the last but in all the old images is also seen precious and with much class. Also they are fantastic those that you have put of Sofía and Diana. Thank you very much!:flowers: :flowers:

Marenostrum, I'm so glad you looked through this thread and found that many of my pics you liked. :) Queen Sofia has always been a beautiful woman, that's true :) .

Here's a pic of her together with Queen Noor and Queen Anne Marie attending a memorial service in London in december 1991:

Sofia with Anne Marie and Noor

:angel: Thank you very much by this new pics, Iceflower, if sights in the second direction that appears under my signature, you will also see some very nice.GREETINGS!!!:flowers: :flowers:

You are most welcome, marenostrum, and I'll take a look at your site soon :)

Here are two pics of Sofia and Juan Carlos in summer 1989 on the island of Mallorca:

1989 - 1
1989 - 2

As always you are most welcome, dear J :flowers::flowers:

Here's a pic of beautiful Sofia in 1990 attending a royal party:

Sofia 1990

Queen Sofia looks wonderful in these pictures. She is very dedicated, isn't she? Together with King Juan Carlos, they have formed a formidable team for Spain. I am pleasantly surprised by her stylish clothes and she looks 'to the manner born'. Her proud royal lineage from Denmark, Greece, Germany and Hanover have stood her in good stead.

Absolutelly gorgeous photos K! :ROFLMAO:
I love the Queen's smile and I'm pretty sure these will make some beautiful avatars.

Thank you so much!

Queen Sofia has aged very well. She doesn't look dramatically different in those pictures than she does today. Wouldn't it be great if we were all that lucky!

rchainho, thanks for taking the time to post these wonderful photos. I really love to look back at The Kings over the years. :)

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

I'm just find this foto of the Kings.

Is some one knows the event for which the Queen seems very sad and the King is looking to give her some reconfort?

May be is for the funerals of her mother but I'm not sure at all.

Thank you all for posting the many wonderful and unknown pics, rchainho, the
collection you've shared with us is amazing :)

Here's a pic of Sofia and Juan Carlos togther with Princess Diana in Toledo in 1987:

Toledo 1987

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

I'm just find this foto of the Kings.

Is some one knows the event for which the Queen seems very sad and the King is looking to give her some reconfort?

May be is for the funerals of her mother but I'm not sure at all.

Hey Adelaide, I don't think it was from her mother's funeral since QF died in 1981 and in this pic both Elena and Felipe look grown-up, besides the clothing doesn't seem to be from that time
I'd say that the pic was taken in the 90's, maybe it was a funeral of a friend or a relative around that time;)

Last edited:
Hey Adelaide, I don't think it was from her mother's funeral since QF died in 1981 and in this pic both Elena and Felipe look grown-up, besides the clothing doesn't seem to be from that time
I'd say that the pic was taken in the 90's, maybe it was a funeral of a friend or a relative around that time;)

I think that you are right because an other detail that I didn't see in a first time is the Princess Irene that we can see on the right of the pic is dosen't look afflicted as if it was her mother 's funerals or mass.

Thanks for your observations.

Back
Top Bottom