King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia Picture Thread, Part 1 (November 2002 - August 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh so tender! Thanks ...sOfIa.... !! :) I think Queen Sofia loves animals but animals love her too!

I don't think this one has been posted...

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 336
thanks everyone for posting all those pics, they're just great !

i think it's amazing how well is she aging, imo she's even more beautiful and gracefull than she was when she was young !!!

She is a great lady. I love how simple she is. She's very much the working royal. Perhaps its because she was born a royal that she seems completely unimpressed with herself.

I've read that she objects to the wearing of fur, that her children keep their attendance of bullfights to a minimum out of respect for her feelings on the subject, and that she's "largely" a vegetarian. Someone else around here probably knows better than I do, but it seems it would be difficult to steer clear of meet completely in her situation, where she so often has to be somebody's guest.

She's also been quoted as saying that if she hadn't been born royal she would have liked to have been a veterinarian, but wouldn't have minded being a hairdresser. And she's cited trying on dresses as her least favorite part of her job.

Brian_Ahern said:
She is a great lady. I love how simple she is. She's very much the working royal. Perhaps its because she was born a royal that she seems completely unimpressed with herself.

I've read that she objects to the wearing of fur, that her children keep their attendance of bullfights to a minimum out of respect for her feelings on the subject, and that she's "largely" a vegetarian. Someone else around here probably knows better than I do, but it seems it would be difficult to steer clear of meet completely in her situation, where she so often has to be somebody's guest.

She's also been quoted as saying that if she hadn't been born royal she would have liked to have been a veterinarian, but wouldn't have minded being a hairdresser. And she's cited trying on dresses as her least favorite part of her job.

The Queen Sofia does not eat meat but if fish. In the luncheons and official dinners, at least in Spain, there are in the habit of being alternative menus for if someone cannot eat anything, they are in the habit of these things preparing with precedence.
She does not eat meat for a promise that she did when her father died. It is true that they the Infanta Cristina does not like the bulls, and very much either, nevertheless to the King and the Infanta Elena she they pleases, the Prince is in an average term.
As for the rest of things that you say it would not surprise me that she had liked veterinary because she is charmed with the animals. But she studied puericulture.

I like much more the bullfight from Portugal where the animal isn't dead in front of the people. Is worthier for the animal.

Last edited by a moderator:
rchainho said:
I like much more the bullfight from Portugal where the animal isn't dead in front of the people. Is worthier for the animal.
Well that would led us to a long off-topic discussion, but the truth is that in Portugal the animal ends up dying anyway... perhaps after being exposed to a longer suffering, as the animal is not killed in front of the public, but at some dark shadow behind the scenes... But well, this isn't a discussion to take here anyway...

pics of queen sofia in ANP

Attachments

• anp20040726201519003.jpg
    anp20040726201519003.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 340
  • anp20040727180236003.jpg
    anp20040727180236003.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,210
  • anp20040727192658001.jpg
    anp20040727192658001.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 331
pics from keystone

Attachments

• pre-01001417.jpg
    pre-01001417.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 466
  • pre-05526574.jpg
    pre-05526574.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 430
The dress that Sofia is wearing here reminds me a little bit of the dress Mary wore in Denmark earlier this year: purple gown. Something about the satin mixed with the fabric.

Two random pictures of Her Majesty's visit to Mexico in 2000 that I haven't seen at any other webiste. This visit was in November, on the Queen's birthday and the President toasted for her birthday and asked the orchestra to play the traditional Mexican song for happy birthday.
Photos from: http://zedillo.presidencia.gob.mx/

Attachments

• 03nov00-10.jpg
    03nov00-10.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 03nov00-12.jpg
    03nov00-12.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 270
King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia Picture Thread: Part 01

Welcome to the first picture thread dedicated to the Kings of Spain.

This thread was merged with the old Queen Sofia Picture thread and, from now on, it will be dedicated to post pictures from King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia's "older" events that were not seen yet in TRFs.

Please remember to do so using an ImageShack or Photobucket account, pictures attached to the forum will be deleted by the moderators without warning to the poster.

To post pictures of the Kings' Children, please refer to their respective threads:

Prince Felipe: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7254
Infanta Elena: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7255
Infanta Cristina: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7256

Have fun and happy posting!

Pictures Of King Juan Carlos With Queen Elizabeth

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I COULD FIND PICTURES OF KING JUAN CARLOS´ VISIT TO UK AS WELL AS QUEEN ELIZABETH PICTURES IN HER VISIT TO SPAIN. I IMAGINE THERE WERE STATE DINNERS ETC ETC ETC....
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS roxerweb@hotmail.com

east news
part 1

east news
part 2

rex features

part 2

321996Q.jpg

part 3

419493E.jpg

Great pictures indeed, muito obrigado Rchainho! You have made my day.

Queen Sofia and King Simeon of Bulgary

from seeger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom