King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia Picture Thread, Part 1 (November 2002 - August 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...JuAnItA... said:
Thank you very much, mtbcm! :) ;)
Just a question... the Ballet in Paris was in the same week that the trip to Poland? :confused:

I'm sorry I forget to add that information.

Queen Sofia travelled to Warsaw on September the 27th, and to Paris on the 28th. Juan Valentin was born on the 29th, so she had to return in a hurry to be present besides her daughter who was going to have her first child.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

De-lurking!

I've been so active over at the "Caption This!" thread that I've not really gotten a chance to de-lurk over here... until now.:) I am now officially de-lurking to post some of my favorite pics of QS and KJC: (I hope these haven't been posted before... oh, how embarrassing! :()

Source: Corbis

Queen Sofía as Princess Sophia of Greece:
FredandFamily.jpgPrincessSofia.jpg

Sofía discussing with Sophia Loren her role in a movie she was currently filming:
TheSofias.jpg

KJC and QS in 1979 (the event escapes me). I think QS is simply beautiful in these pictures! KJC is, even with the beard, a very handsome man (I actually kind of like the beard!):
Sofia1979.jpgJuanSofia16.jpg

KJC and QS, but I'm unsure who they're with. I want to say that the woman is Princess Lalla Meryam of Morocco, but I could be way off:
JuanSofiaFushia.jpg

Last edited:
Juan Carlos whith a beard looks like very much at a portrait of Felipe II of Spain. I know Felipe II was not a Borbon but he is nevertheless the Juan Carlos 's ancestor and with his beard on this pic, the ressemblance is amaizing.

I can't help but love the Queen, so naturally elegant and sophisticated. Yet at the same time so down to earth and touchable. There are very few queens reigning today with these qualities. Some may be elegant but lack that "human" touch. Spain is very fortunate to have here and JC made a wonderful choice for himself and his country.

Thanks for all the wonderful pics you all posted!
A very nice portrait of Sofia in 1988, I hope it has not been posted before :)

1zqeq00.jpg

(RM)

Sofia and Juan Carlos being honoured by the University of Cambridge in 1988:

213re5h.jpg

(RM)

Last edited by a moderator:
iceflower said:
Thanks for all the wonderful pics you all posted!
A very nice portrait of Sofia in 1988, I hope it has not been posted before :)

(RM)
Great picture! Sofia looks so glamourous there! I really love her wearing tiaras! :) Thanks for sharing, iceflower!

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Yes, they have the same smile...:)
He is very Greece

I'm glad you liked the pics, Mari and Her_Majesty :)

Sofia together with Raisa Gorbachev in Toledo in 1991:

21bpuuc.jpg

(RM)

iceflower said:
I'm glad you liked the pics, Mari and Her_Majesty :)

Sofia together with Raisa Gorbachev in Toledo in 1991:

(RM)
This one was in October... right? :confused:

I like very much the Queen and the Infantas.. but their clothes in the 80's and 90's... no comments! :rolleyes:

BTW, thanks K for all the photos! ;)

Mon........ you're a Star!! :lol: :lol:

Thank you so much!! :flowers:

Redferns would it be possible to post the article here? Thankyou!

Ok I grabbed my glasses and managed to get a good idea of the article. Thanks!!!

I like the part about Kárate! The Queen says that when she was in Prague, the security person that was assigned to her was telling her that he had to train in Karate. So she answered to him that she had also trained in it once when working. She says that the man was never sure whether or not she was playing a joke on him, but she had indeed become a green belt!:ohmy:
The article is very good! It makes me admire Queen Sofia even more!:)

Redferns,

Thank you very much for taking time to scan all these pages and for sharing with us...

After reading her own words one gets the idea that the article could go on without an end.

She is very tender person and with both feet on the ground. Pictures are awesome too.

Thank you once again for sharing!

Regards,
mtbcm

"Wonderful article---she seems to be a very down to earth and good hearted person. i like the way she speaks of the king! also i wonder whether this was an oral interview, because if so she expresses herself very well!"

What does she say about the King?:king:

What a lovely article!:flowers::flowers::flowers: I love the fact that she almost always calls the King "Juanito":lol:. My favourite part was this one when she went to the hospitall in order to be with her former nanny...

wonderful article---she seems to be a very down to earth and good hearted person. i like the way she speaks of the king! also i wonder whether this was an oral interview, because if so she expresses herself very well!

Lindy said:
"Wonderful article---she seems to be a very down to earth and good hearted person. i like the way she speaks of the king! also i wonder whether this was an oral interview, because if so she expresses herself very well!"
What does she say about the King?:king:
she calls him juanito and how they are complete opposites but that they complement each other, how shes shy but he's very extroverted and will die without having known what shame is . she says that their love has evolved into a great friendship and that love is always there as well.

Redferns said:
Vogue August 2006
:w00t2: :w00t2: B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!!

How can i thank you, Redferns?

It's just great!! Well, thanks!! :flowers:

LaChicaMadrilena said:
My favourite part was this one when she went to the hospitall in order to be with her former nanny...
That's one of my favourites parts also, LCM! :)
It's incredible what she said just to be with her. I didn't know that, and i would never guess it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom