King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 25: December 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia Part 25
The previous thread can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:
The Forum Moderators

i would like to see more this couple in happy events and not in funerals likelast events.

Last edited:
The Infanta Pilar ,the Duke of Alba and the Dowager Baroness Thyssen-Bornemisza were also present last night

PPE

PPE Agency

he kings Juan Carlos and Sofia have attended to the funeral of the former president of the Banco Bilbao Vizcaya (BBV) José Ángel Sánchez Asiaín, who died on December 31 in Madrid at the age of 87.

http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:103743975:1800x650:w?v=586f7b01&m=mpfpfdko
http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:103748750:1800x650:w?v=586f7b01&m=pfhndjmn
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:103748601:1800x650:w?v=586f7b01&m=nnbgegae

Thank you Eya here are some additional photos of Their Majesties at the Funeral Mass at The Church of San Fermín de los Navarros in Madrid.

King Juan Carlos Pictures and Photos | Getty Images

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia attended the opening of the exhibition "Visions of the Hispanic world, Treasures of the Hispanic society museum and library" at the Prado in Madrid today, April 3:

** ppe gallery ** belga gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Looks like an interesting exhibition also noticed that the Duke of Alba,The Duke of Soria and Don Jaime de Marichalar were also present.

Looks like an interesting exhibition also noticed that the Duke of Alba,The Duke of Soria and Don Jaime de Marichalar were also present.

The Duke of Soria is a member of the Patronage of the Prado Museum (The King and Queen are the honorary presidents) and the president of the "Friends of the Prado Museum" Foundation (of which the Queen is honorary president). And the Duke of Alba is a honorary patron of El Prado Museum.

It's interesting to me that they still do the occasional random event together since it seems to be an open secret that they've been living separate lives for years. Before the abdication it made more sense but now I wonder what the point is. Maybe their personal relationship is more civil than the media has portrayed.

It's interesting to me that they still do the occasional random event together since it seems to be an open secret that they've been living separate lives for years. Before the abdication it made more sense but now I wonder what the point is. Maybe their personal relationship is more civil than the media has portrayed.

Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands plus King Albert II and Queen Paola of the Belgians have had rocky moments in their long marriages. Both marriages have been on the verge of collapsing. But at advanced age the couples have re-found each other.

I think the same is true for Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía. In their long and unbelievably eventful life (Sofía's brother lost a throne, Sofía's husband won a throne) they have experienced highs and lows. I assume in the end they have re-found appreciation for each other.

It is wonderful to see Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía again. It looks like they have never been away. :)

Last edited:

Congratulations to The Infanta Margarita and nice to see king Juan Carlos with both of his sisters .

PPE

PPE Agency

Wonderful to see Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía out and about.

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia attended a ceremony in tribute to former German chancellor Helmut Kohl in Strasbourg today, July 1:

** gettyimages gallery **

They seem to be the only Royals ?

Yes so it seems Former US President Bill Clinton was also present,perhaps other royals might attend the funeral Requiem Mass later at Speyer Cathedral Germany.

Back
Top Bottom