General News about King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

Sitadevi

When a King of Spain visits the Basques region he has to ask permission as this
is tradition, I learned when I visited there last year.

Is there anymore pictures of this event?

Why would His Majesty have to ask permission when going into the Basque region? Can someone explain this to me?

Alexandria, you are not the only one who finds HM good looking for his age! At least we know also that the future king will look as good.

Originally posted by chanel@Sep 28th, 2003 - 10:37 pm
Alexandria, you are not the only one who finds HM good looking for his age! At least we know also that the future king will look as good.
Thanks for agreeing Chanel! There is a certain quality about His Majesty that is very appealing. He's very distinguished which is attractive in its own way!

Indeed, Felipe is following a very handsome path! ;)

Do the King and Queen holiday together?

Do they go on hollidays togather
The king and Queen of Sweden does thisoften, but not the King and Queen of Norway....

Originally posted by Josefine@Oct 7th, 2003 - 11:25 am
The king and Queen of Sweden does thisoften, but not the King and Queen of Norway....
Who? Jaime and Elena or them with the royal family?

wrong thread.... the king and queen, I´ll move it to the right thread
what was I thinking...

Originally posted by Josefine@Oct 7th, 2003 - 11:25 am
The Kings always spend their hollidays together ;) In Maiorca, in summer and easter, in Baquera to skiing and the Queen always gonna give her support in evry sailing competition taht the king participates. Only a official dutie will stop her/him of doing this :)

Listen to Queen Sofia talking?

Where can I find a Audio Speech of Queen Sofia in the World Wide Web!
I would be happy if somebody would help me!
Thank you!

I've only heard her voice once in a video on www.a3n.es, but that was very short, and i'm not sure if the video is still on the site. Also (but that is a video again, so it may not be what you want) on www.telecinco.es they have a lot of video's of the royal family. I hope this helps you a bit!

Good luck!!!!

Thank you

Mascha said:
I've only heard her voice once in a video on www.a3n.es, but that was very short, and i'm not sure if the video is still on the site. Also (but that is a video again, so it may not be what you want) on www.telecinco.es they have a lot of video's of the royal family. I hope this helps you a bit!

Good luck!!!!

Hi Mascha!

Thank you very much! I find a lot of videos at a3n.es! But can you remember what this video was about? There so many videos!
Thank you!!!

You're welcome,
I tried to check which one it was but I can't enter the site (some technical problem) but I thought it was the one were they talk about all the weddings that took place in the family, so her own and those of her daughters. This was at www.a3n.es.
Good Luck!!!

Mascha said:
You're welcome,
I tried to check which one it was but I can't enter the site (some technical problem) but I thought it was the one were they talk about all the weddings that took place in the family, so her own and those of her daughters. This was at www.a3n.es.
Good Luck!!!

Hi Mascha!
Thank you very much! I found it!

Who is Alec Juandicimo Carlos?

I was looking at King Juan Carlos' Wikipedia entry today, and it refers to him and Queen Sofia as having "two daughters, Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina, and two sons, the heir apparent, Felipe, and younger brother Alec Juanducimo Carlos."

Is this a child who died or some prank entry on Wikipedia?

I'd never noticed that before. I have no idea, i've searched google and it came up with no answers. :ermm:

I checked Queen Sofia's entry, and it's not listed there. Must be some prankster.

Don't belive everything you read in Wiki, as is easy to edit by others.
Queen Sofia only has tow daughters, Elena and Cristina and a son, Felipe.

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia never had another son (and if they had, I sincerely doubt they would ever think of naming the child Alec Juanducimo Carlos). It's just a prank.

I removed the non-existent son from the King's Wikipedia page.

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia never had another son (and if they had, I sincerely doubt they would ever think of naming the child Alec Juanducimo Carlos). It's just a prank.

I removed the non-existent son from the King's Wikipedia page.

That's what I figured, although I'm always surprised by the little facts that slip past me. For example, I've had an interest in royalty for years, but I only realized recently that Infanta Margarita is blind...

Second son... it would be good but he never exsist.

Thanks Marsel.

Btw. any other "interesting" mistakes/pranks on Wikipedia?
;)

I saw a nasty trick about two years ago that said Queen Elizabeth was going to die the next day.... it was swiftly removed.

Off topic, my friend told me that someone erased everything on the World of Warcraft page and replaced it with "Is lame." I thought that was funny ;)

You're welcome, magnik. :flowers:

There are a lot of similar 'amusing' mistakes on Wiki but they are usually removed very quickly. A couple of years ago, just as I became interested in modern Royalty, I stumbled across Queen Fabiola's entry, which, among other things, read, "...the Queen... who was briefly married to Phil Spector". :D
Another mistake I noticed just today was about Archduke Otto von Habsburg: his page states that Otto has been President of Pan-European Union since 1986, when in fact he's been Interim President since 1972 and President since 1973; they celebrated 32 years of his presidency in 2004.

Queen Sofia General News

Hi I am new on this blog but so far I just love it :)
I have been reading up on this wonderful Queen Sofia of Spain and I get more and more impressed with this strong woman.
Can anyone tell me a little about her!
I was very surprised to read that she smokes !! She seams so healthy and keeps herself in great shape.
My heart goes out to her these days !!
If any knows any good English books about her ...... Keep me posted pl

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know where the Queens sister, Princess Irene lives ?
Does she live at the Zarzuela palace ?

Queen Sofia is a "Greek Princess". Her father was King Paul and her mother Queen Frederika of Hanover. She is a second cousin to Prince Charles. She was born in Greece, but is from the Sonderburg-Glucksburg etc dynasty. She is a decendant of Queen Victoria. The Greek Royals are mostly Danish and German. She is a lovely woman.

Also a lady who can bite her tongue in spite of all provocation from her spouse this year.

Does anyone know where the Queens sister, Princess Irene lives ?
Does she live at the Zarzuela palace ?

Supposedly she shares her time between India, Spain and England. It's well known that QS considers Irene her best friend - Irene is apparently a remarkably interesting woman with an electic personality and a wide range of interests.

Hope this helped.

Also a lady who can bite her tongue in spite of all provocation from her spouse this year.

Aside from the fact that JC went shooting elephants, a mistake he won't be making ever again considering the backlash in Spain, QS keeps doing what she's always done - smile and say nothing in respect to their marriage. It's been dead for more than a decade.

Back
Top Bottom