General News about King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, that's a very obvious thing to say, but at least the king didn't utter something nasty about his daughter-in-law...

Wow, I can't believe 8 years have passed, Chavez is already dead since 2013.
But I guess there is another event that will remain in the mind of the average Spaniard forever: that he travelled to Botswana to shoot an elephant in times of crisis.

may i add to your sentence... that he travelled to Botswana to shoot an elephant in times of crisis whilst being the spanish patron of the world wildlife fund - which was the epitome of hypocrisy and inconsistency!

King Juan Carlos of Spain ousted from WWF presidency after row over hunting trip - Telegraph

i have to also add that people will also remember him as the king under which the worst modern case of royal corruption has occured (that of his daughter), and his inability to put an end to their corruption and fraud. he mentions in his france 3 interview that being dyslexic he believes he developed other skills, such as those of intuition, which i guess probably helped him figure out what was going on - and he failed to take action, apart from sending inaki and cristina outside of spain, to the US.

he did good things for spain, but unfortunately his reign did not end in the best of manners.

Last edited:
Yes, I was also wondering where she has been hiding. But now, that she is kind of "retired" I don't think she has to tell us what she has been up to.

I did think that we would possibly see queen Sofia at the wedding of Infanta Pilar's son at the weekend.

King Juan Carlos attended the Atletico and PSV Eindhoven match at the Vicente Calderon stadium in Madrid, Spain, 15 March 2016.

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial

King Juan Carlos sailing with students from the Mafre Foundation Adapted Sailing Center at Sanxenxo, Pontevedra.

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial

H.M.Queen Sofia will attend the Canonization ceremony of Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta at the Vatican on September 4th.

As per Hola H.M.Queen Sofia attended the wedding of Filipos Lemós and Mariana Goulandrís at St Sophia's Cathedral in London,the Greek Royal Family,Empress Farah, the Dutch King,queen and daughters also attended the ceremony.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQF4IEzjzZS/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom